Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Whelp... could have predicted several threads like this coming the second they announced the monk changes pre-patch.
    This thread is more about RoP right now rather then the call to nerf of it's ptr revision,
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i still dislike fighting rogues and warriors more than i dislike fighting monks.

i can't kite out of garrote or gag order like i can ring of peace.
    Gag order was removed from PvP, since before 5.1 i believe.

Garrote can only be used from A) Stealth, or B) Shadow dance. Non sub, thats once in the beggining, and once every 2 mins, with an extra one every 5 mins. Sub, a maximum of 5.5 seconds of silence, and the rogue can't put out any damage if they spam garrote for silence (And why would they do that when they can spam cheap shot instead for a full 8 seconds of stunnage, plus 6 seconds of reduced damage/healing, and 8 seconds of 10% increased damage taken?)

RoP is an AoE effect usable every 45 seconds, given to a class with fairly high mobility.

Still, Monks ARE the least representated class in arena, most likely due to the fact that they are relatively new, and weren't grossly OP like DKs were at the beggning of wrath (Resist ALL THE SPELLS frost anyone?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Whelp... could have predicted several threads like this coming the second they announced the monk changes pre-patch.
    Can you blame them? Ring of Peace is already a broken spell that should have never been introduced into WoW in the first place, at least not in this form. 8 sec AoE disarm that prevents the use of certain spells and can be casted on self or other players, moves with the target the whole time and has 45 sec cd?

As if this wasn't enough they consider buffing it? Even if this version doesn't go live - what I hope - it shows how clueless blizzard is. And overall it actually wouid be a huge buff. It hurts melees a bit less, but it still would be a great defensive tool against melees (3sec disarm + 3 additional sec after an attack). Aditionally now it would be a much better defensive tool against casters and it could even be used offensively against healers.

And to the smart guys who say just run out of the ring and cc the monk..... you usually use RoP on the enemies' focus target to prevent it from getting killed. So what you are actually saying is: run away from / cc your focus target every 45 seconds just because the enemies' healer or dd can click one button. Nice strategy there, sherlocks.

And btw, I'm saying this playing monk as my only char and playing pvp only.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    RoP is fine, learn to run out of it, cc the monk during it, problem solved.
    I love this response. Its like you just completely forget the fact that monks are one of the most mobile classes in the game.

The ONLY class that can counter RoP (as well as WW monks as a whole) are warriors due to heroic leap and shockwave not requiring weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

No sympathy for this retarded ability, especially after runing into WW/MW playing for weekly cap on alt and not being able to score a kill becouse RoP doesn't trigger DR for disarm so after getting fucked up by 2 sepparate RoPs i've been getting disarmed for 8 sec by weapon pull (whatever it's called). I endured it to a draw just to fuck em up hehe (and myself too...).

P.S. Anyone who're drawing parralels between RoP and Solar Beam are delusional, becouse caster can move out of solar beam (when rooted trinket or get dispelled) but for melee RoP is the most fucked up counter ever invented - not only it force you of your target no matter how low it is, but it doesn't even put disarm on DR making it easy to shut you down for twice longer (with disarm only, ignoring for the sake of conversation every other cc ingame).

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The ONLY class that can counter RoP (as well as WW monks as a whole) are warriors due to heroic leap and shockwave not requiring weapons.
    Actually you can't call this countering RoP since you've been forced off from your target of choice and denied kill oportunity. Dunno if hunter can disengage from RoP, but if they can they're a single weapon dependant class ingame capable of countering RoP (that's if monk didn't RoP himself and rolled into their face after disengage ofc).

Deleted
    45 sec. CD and 8 sec. duration seems pretty stupid. At least 2 min. would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Garrote can only be used from A) Stealth, or B) Shadow dance. Non sub, thats once in the beggining, and once every 2 mins, with an extra one every 5 mins. Sub, a maximum of 5.5 seconds of silence, and the rogue can't put out any damage if they spam garrote for silence (And why would they do that when they can spam cheap shot instead for a full 8 seconds of stunnage, plus 6 seconds of reduced damage/healing, and 8 seconds of 10% increased damage taken?)

RoP is an AoE effect usable every 45 seconds, given to a class with fairly high mobility.

Still, Monks ARE the least representated class in arena, most likely due to the fact that they are relatively new, and weren't grossly OP like DKs were at the beggning of wrath (Resist ALL THE SPELLS frost anyone?)
    Ok so rogues can use garrote really effectively in sub spec.. monks only have one dedicated melee spec. And let's talk about Subterfuge talented openers.. Cheap Shot > Filler > Filler > Garrote on casters anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by clickerflipper View Post
    Ok so rogues can use garrote really effectively in sub spec.. monks only have one dedicated melee spec. And let's talk about Subterfuge talented openers.. Cheap Shot > Filler > Filler > Garrote on casters anyone??
    You're trying to draw parallels between two completely different things. Garrote and CS have fairly high energy costs, while RoP is just a GCD. Garrote and CS require the rogue to be on their target, while RoP can be used on an ally from range. Garrote and CS are subject to standard DR rules while RoP is not. I actually don't care about the other differences, but being an AoE CC zone isn't a good enough justification for something ignoring DR. This game should be changing or removing special-case-DR abilities, not adding more of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    For those intelligent individuals that say to just move out of it...Its a bit hard when:

a) Your silenced
    b) The monk is on you
    and i guess u cant use a stun or something?

There is no problem as long as monks stay severely underrepresented.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

i am aware of all these facts, i still can run away from ring of peace, and i can't run away from garrote.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Monks get raped in cc/stuns etc. RoP is just returning the favor.

As a total: 3039 monks for all brackets in PvP. Mind you that this total is for all 3 specs, and some of these players are on 2s, 3s, or 5s, so they show up more than once. The grand total of ACTUAL monks, without the duplicates from the brackets: ---> 2568 <--- for all three specs.

Now lets look at another class that people are always complaining about... That's right... Ret pallys. the grand total of ACTUAL ret pallys without duplicates from th brackets is: ----> 2013 <-----.... So one of the worse specs in the game (according to people) is almost beating out all 3 specs of monks.

Here's something else for you to gnaw on: out of 250 ranks, monks rank out at rank 250 at a rating of 1869. Priests rank out at rank 250 at the rating of 2189.

Overall Representation for all brackets for monks is at 3039, or 5%, in addition to them being the lowest represented again this season. Lets take last season's FOTM Warriors: 4649, or 8%. And this season's FOTM? Priest at 9790, or 16%.

So please, continue to tell us how monks are "Overpowered" and need nerfs, just because you can't handle an 8 second CC, that's in close similarity to druid Solarbeam + Vortex. Druids have the anti-caster Solarbeam, and monks have the anti-melee "Solarbeam", but even this ability doesn't make WW monks wanted in RBGs still.

Source: http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/
    Last edited by Aherooffools; 2013-04-03 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    There is no problem as long as monks stay severely underrepresented.
    Being underrepresented is not a valid reason to have "broken" abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Broken is a misconception. If they have such ability it's because they need it, just as boomkin has solarbeam+root+vortex.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    Can you blame them? Ring of Peace is already a broken spell that should have never been introduced into WoW in the first place, at least not in this form. 8 sec AoE disarm that prevents the use of certain spells and can be casted on self or other players, moves with the target the whole time and has 45 sec cd?

As if this wasn't enough they consider buffing it? Even if this version doesn't go live - what I hope - it shows how clueless blizzard is. And overall it actually wouid be a huge buff. It hurts melees a bit less, but it still would be a great defensive tool against melees (3sec disarm + 3 additional sec after an attack). Aditionally now it would be a much better defensive tool against casters and it could even be used offensively against healers.

And to the smart guys who say just run out of the ring and cc the monk..... you usually use RoP on the enemies' focus target to prevent it from getting killed. So what you are actually saying is: run away from / cc your focus target every 45 seconds just because the enemies' healer or dd can click one button. Nice strategy there, sherlocks.

And btw, I'm saying this playing monk as my only char and playing pvp only.
    Why would you be focusing on one target longer then 45 seconds? Something is obviously wrong if you can not get a target down In 45 seconds. You gotta switch it up.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Broken is a misconception. If they have such ability it's because they need it, just as boomkin has solarbeam+root+vortex.
    Wrong. Boomkins are getting hit with a solar beam nerf because its necessary. Many would argue that it isn't nearly enough.

Same thing with RoP.

Bandaid abilities to addres overarching major issues with the class is a terrible way to go about things. WotLK had it right with classes having very clearly defined strengths and weaknesses. Nowadays if you're not a class that's a master of all trades you're not going anywhere. See: spriests, sub rogues, uh dks and bm hunters right now while all other classes are seen as "weak" by the rest of the playerbase because they continually compare them to these 4 broken overpowered specs/classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Mind the quotes I placed. I have absolutely no problem with ring of peace myself, all I said is that being underrepresented is not a reason to have a broken abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    agreed but rop isn't really broken, annoying yes, but not broken

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a monk in pvp (though not necessarily well). I don't think that its broken or OP at all...huge shocker I'm sure. I mostly use him to cap conq points in arena vs playing for a serious rating. When I hit RoP you can do the following:

1) Stun me so I cannot move around and keep you in the bubble
    2) Root me so that I can't move around (assuming trinket and nimble brew are both on CD)
    3) Attack me from outside of the bubble...cause really...who doesn't have a ranged attack now (rogues anyone?).
    4) CC me in multiple other ways (Polymorph, hex, fear, etc).

Before RoP, outside of leg sweep monks had no way to avoid being consistently stun locked by two melee and just burst down. It was a needed change. I just don't see why people are crying to nerf it when you have multiple ways to counter it.