Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Just move out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say this is something to worry about. I understand that the prospect of a WW/Sub melee cleave is worrying, but it is hardly this one spell that is the issue. If it was, it would just be to kill the Rogue/healer then attack the Monk.

Similar as to how we generally have to leave the Warlock to last man standing

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the 45sec CD that boggles my mind, it's pretty strong for a talent. I play a warrior and my 1 min disarm only lasts for 8 secs... so 4 if it's against a warrior or someone with a weapon chain. Add in the fact that they have an untrinketable 3ish sec stun that does good dmg, tiger's lust 30 sec cd, DISABLE, a regular disarm, touch of kara (can't touch them for 10 secs), a ranged root, and paralysis I think they have plenty if not too many tools for pvp.

I was on my arms warrior capping 2s with my disc priest bud last night and we got a WW/reto druid team. 11 mins later we lost.... most frustrating 11 mins of my life. All I mentioned above plus Roots, that bear disorient junk, kitty blink, cyclone, cyclone, cyclone. Not balanced around 1v1 2v2 5v5 or anything more i know blah blah. Frustration was real and unbalanced though.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    RoP is fine, learn to run out of it, cc the monk during it, problem solved.
    Let me just scatter shot this monk. Oh wait, I'm disarmed. Let me just trap him. On wait, I'm disarmed. Let me disengage. Oh wait, he moves so fast it doesn't matter. RoP is literally a hard counter to Hunter's and can almost completely shut down any other class for it's duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Just move out of it.
    This would be a great idea if the monk didn't move faster than you and might as well have a double blink ability.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-04-04 at 03:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    And what exactly does this have to do with
    You said it would stop burst from happening, I said it would effect melee but not casters. But if it is effecting casters I would have to ask why everyone is so close together that it would effect someones burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    It's the 45sec CD that boggles my mind, it's pretty strong for a talent. I play a warrior and my 1 min disarm only lasts for 8 secs... so 4 if it's against a warrior or someone with a weapon chain. Add in the fact that they have an untrinketable 3ish sec stun that does good dmg, tiger's lust 30 sec cd, DISABLE, a regular disarm, touch of kara (can't touch them for 10 secs), a ranged root, and paralysis I think they have plenty if not too many tools for pvp.

I was on my arms warrior capping 2s with my disc priest bud last night and we got a WW/reto druid team. 11 mins later we lost.... most frustrating 11 mins of my life. All I mentioned above plus Roots, that bear disorient junk, kitty blink, cyclone, cyclone, cyclone. Not balanced around 1v1 2v2 5v5 or anything more i know blah blah. Frustration was real and unbalanced though.
    Your disarm disarms someone 100% chance(unless they have immunity effects), RoP does not. With RoP can use it and people can simply walk out of it with no harm being done and the cd is wasted, you can just get a caster to cc the Monk and RoP is a thing in the past.

The stun is trinketable is used at the right time.

How is fighting a WW/resto druid any more frustrating then fighting any other class that has so much cc? If you lasted 11 mins, it can not be that OP.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You said it would stop burst from happening, I said it would effect melee but not casters. But if it is effecting casters I would have to ask why everyone is so close together that it would effect someones burst.
    Ok, so here is how it went:

I explained why in my opinion RoP (even in its current form - not to mention the "new one") is a retarded ability that shouldn't be in the game and the cooldown is way too low with 45 sec. Then you said: "Why would you be focusing on one target longer then 45 seconds? Something is obviously wrong if you can not get a target down In 45 seconds. You gotta switch it up." which has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote.
    Because it has nothing to do with what I wrote, I asked you what you mean by this, because I don't understand this reply. Your reply to that was: "You can stop the melee, but not the casters." which has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote either.
    So I'm asking myself if you even read what other people write or if you just randomly quote stuff and reply to it with whatever you have in mind anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    Ok, so here is how it went:

I explained why in my opinion RoP (even in its current form - not to mention the "new one") is a retarded ability that shouldn't be in the game and the cooldown is way too low with 45 sec. Then you said: "Why would you be focusing on one target longer then 45 seconds? Something is obviously wrong if you can not get a target down In 45 seconds. You gotta switch it up." which has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote.
    Because it has nothing to do with what I wrote, I asked you what you mean by this, because I don't understand this reply. Your reply to that was: "You can stop the melee, but not the casters." which has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote either.
    So I'm asking myself if you even read what other people write or if you just randomly quote stuff and reply to it with whatever you have in mind anyways.
    I meant, that if the monk is going to RoP someone that target is not viable, so just switch to another target, and if you can't kill that target in 45 seconds the monk will just be able to RoP that target.

Yes I put on a blindfold and randomly pick out some and start talking about things.....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    First: Disarm for casters costs ~18% pvp power, nto to mention the silence, which is now being buffed to a 3 second instant and 3 second on cast, as opposed to only on an offensive cast.
    To my knowledge, being disarmed does not affect your stats in any way; it only causes you to be unable to perform actions that "require X weapon".

Being disarmed does not affect casters really at all, except shaman who cannot use unleash elements while disarmed.

I meant, that if the monk is going to RoP someone that target is not viable, so just switch to another target, and if you can't kill that target in 45 seconds the monk will just be able to RoP that target.

Yes I put on a blindfold and randomly pick out some and start talking about things.....
    The target with RoP is mobile. You really think they won't follow you out if you go to hit his partner? Technically, you'd have to kill them within 37 seconds because that's the duration that RoP is not up.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. monks in arena are waaay over the top. did some 2v2 this week for the lols, came up against 2 WW monks a couple times and its like NO CONTEST..
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    I agree. monks in arena are waaay over the top. did some 2v2 this week for the lols, came up against 2 WW monks a couple times and its like NO CONTEST..
    Anecdotal evidence is the best kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    2v2 is not in anyway a judgement how pvp balance works.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The target with RoP is mobile. You really think they won't follow you out if you go to hit his partner? Technically, you'd have to kill them within 37 seconds because that's the duration that RoP is not up.
    I think one person being effected by RoP is reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Just move out of it.
    You can't move out of the initial silence/disarm with 5.3 RoP.

2v2 is not in anyway a judgement how pvp balance works.
    invader's anecdote is an excellent example of a point I made earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Monks aren't overpowered overall, but it doesn't mean they're not imbalanced. Monks are stupid OP in very specific non-ranked circumstances and frustrating to fight, but very poor in ranked play overall.
    What Blizzard needs to do is fix the imbalance, nerfing monks' stupid escape mechanisms but at the same time fixing the problem with Monks in rated play.

For example, WW monks lack offensive pressure/utility primarily owing to their lack of true gap closers. A simple fix for WW would be to remove Flying Serpent Kick and/or charges on Roll in exchange for making Spinning Fire Blossom a targeted ability (pseudo-CoI) on cooldown instead of costing Chi.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    some wow class went to CC me, to see if he could CC me, but all that I could CC see, was nowt cos I was CC'd see ;p
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Question about it saying rop now has a diminishing return. Does that mean it's on a seperate dr with itself only so reduced effect if silenced/disarmed multiple times while its up; or a monk's disarm also contributes to the dr effect of rop?