Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Here are some new class idea's I've been milling over...

Bard- Class color silver, wears mail, has a ranged dps spec (does damage with music and sound), does damage with a pet (uses a ventriloquist dummy like Kankoro from Naruto), and healing spec (sings songs and dances to heal and buff the party)

Summoner- Class color black, wears spirt cloth and does ranged dps managing multiple pets, does melee dps managing multiple pets, and heals with multiple pets.

Dragonsworn - Class color Teal, wears INT plate and plate tank gear. Can ranged dps with the blue dragon flights arcane magic, can heal with the green dragon flight's nature magic, can heal with bronze dragon flight's time magic, AND (4th spec) can tank with red dragon flight's fire magic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axi0m View Post
    Runemaster IMO.

AoE Rune buffs/debuffs etc.

I had an entire write-up discussion about this like 2-3 years ago but meh don't feel like typing it all out.
    The developers did think about doing runemaster instead of Dks...I wonder how far they got into it...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Was going to say. Rogues are not bad they fight for who pays them the most.
    Ehrm am I the only one who considers assasinating people for money as pretty damn cold blooded?

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Naaa, they are most of the time good, even more druids, cause the druids want to help nature, want to see it grow, most of the neutral race, don't care about any of those things, well you could say that Monks are neutral, but druids are good
    You're actually pretty wrong about that, caring about nature isn't "good", it's as neutral as it gets. Nature doesn't judge or function according to a moral concept. Nature ist balance, it can be as beautiful as it can be cruel, I'm sure you've seen that in numerous documentary films. In role playing tradition, a druid is typically more or less interested to preserve nature so that it can have it's way. A druid is typically neutral and leans either toward good or evil, according to personal story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Here are some new class idea's I've been milling over...

Bard- Class color silver, wears mail, has a ranged dps spec (does damage with music and sound), does damage with a pet (uses a ventriloquist dummy like Kankoro from Naruto), and healing spec (sings songs and dances to heal and buff the party)

Summoner- Class color black, wears spirt cloth and does ranged dps managing multiple pets, does melee dps managing multiple pets, and heals with multiple pets.

Dragonsworn - Class color Teal, wears INT plate and plate tank gear. Can ranged dps with the blue dragon flights arcane magic, can heal with the green dragon flight's nature magic, can heal with bronze dragon flight's time magic, AND (4th spec) can tank with red dragon flight's fire magic.
    Please not bard. The worst idea for a class is the one that plays music to do things. Its extreamly lame.

Still Demon Hunter would the most in next expansion if the expansion is about the Burning Legion.

I doubt there will be a new class for a while.

If anything, I think they'd add new specs to existing classes.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

There won't be a new race or class next expansion. Blizzard will introduce the new race models in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by frostfire199 View Post
    So I thought of this at work today and it seems, idk, plausible? In all the classes, there seems to be a running theme of one 'Good' class, one 'Neutral' class, and one 'Evil/Darker' class for each armor type. This may be a bit of a stretch, but I think it wouldn't be a horrible assumption to assume the next class is going to be darker. Think about it.

For Cloth, Warlocks are 'Bad,' Mages are 'Neutral' and Priests are 'Good'
    For Leather, Rogues are 'Bad,' Druids are 'Neutral' and Monks are 'Good' (Druids and Monks are arguably interchangeable.)
    For Mail, There is no 'Bad' class, Hunters are 'Neutral' and Shamans are 'Good'
    For Plate, Death Knights are 'Bad,' Warriors are 'Neutral' and Paladins are 'Good'

So by that logic, the next class will be a mail armor wearing and evil/dark themed.
    You can't label WoW classes like that at all, all classes have individuals fitting in the entire scope of DnD alignements.

Not all Warlocks are evil. Most of them are most likely Chaotic Neutral simply acting for their own benefits. Some can arguably be considered good simply fighting fire with fire (the Gnome in TotGC for example).

Mages can easily range in the entire scope, Rhonin being Lawful good and Kel'thuzad being Chaotic Evil for example, same with Priests, see the entire Shadow tree.

Rogues are the same as Warlocks, they merely pursue personal benefit wich can put them in both the Evil and Neutral camp, while they tend to be rare, there's also good Rogues (Taoshi of the Shado-Pan for example). Druids also mostly tend to be Neutral with a few exception being good and evil (Druids of the flame being Chaotic Evil for example). Monks didn't have many representants yet but they still had at least a couple Lawfull Evil members in the Scarlet Crusade.

Hunters do tend to be purely neutral by definition, there was Evil Shamans (Ner'zhul).

Death Knights aren't Evil by definition, they aren't responsible for their condition, same as the Forsakens for example, altough many end up being corrupted there's Neutral (Ebon Blade members) and Good ones (Thassarian for example).

Warriors can be anything really, and Paladins aren't good by definition either, Scarlet Crusade members again.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-04-03 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    I think something along the lines of a tinker is more likely, simply because it's physical ranged and there's only one of those at the moment, it also doesn't step on any class identities.

The Demon Hunter class is pretty much out of the window because of Demo Warlocks, wouldn't suprise me if they get to dual wield and wear leather next expansion.

Dark Rangers are also unlikely because SV Hunters have their signature ability already (Black Arrow). Their 3 other skills being owned by Warlocks (Life Drain) and Shadow Priests (Silence, Charm). They're still more plausible than the DH.

Honestly i really doubt we'll see a new class for next expansion tough, Monks are still barely implemented in the game and vastly underplayed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some time ago there was a fan-mad topic about warcraft-style deamon hunter, and omg...it was awseome. Combos with change to deamon as a finisher, darksider style, kind of "disenchant" gear to put runes of dh body...etc. Some of great ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    Please not bard. The worst idea for a class is the one that plays music to do things. Its extreamly lame.
    Lot's of RPG's use Bards, Tales Series, Final Fantasy, and Elder Scrolls. Singing could heal, or do damage, and give them a creepy puppet to do damage. It would be kinda cool if done right. Keep an open mind dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    The Demon Hunter class is pretty much out of the window because of Demo Warlocks, wouldn't suprise me if they get to dual wield and wear leather next expansion.

Dark Rangers are also unlikely because SV Hunters have their signature ability already (Black Arrow). Their 3 other skills being owned by Warlocks (Life Drain) and Shadow Priests (Silence, Charm). They're still more plausible than the DH.

Honestly i really doubt we'll see a new class for next expansion tough, Monks are still barely implemented in the game and vastly underplayed.
    But what if you make a class that merges Demon Hunters, Dark Rangers and Shadow Hunters? A more physical approach to the caster warlock, in line with the Priest and Paladin similarities: several priest and paladin abilities are very alike and even with similarly sounding names. I mean, it could be doable.

Although I agree, Warlocks have been getting a lot of demon hunter abilities; at this point I too believe we will be seeing as a new spec for warlocks instead of a new class. Maybe that's the gimmick for the new expansion, revolutionary specs.

Warlocks get a spec that gives them leather specialization and double wielding as you said.

Hunters get a the Dark ranger spec, replacing the pet for a wider array of summonable minions, putting more emphasis on avoidance and recieving leather specialization.

And, maybe a but out there, Priests get the Shadow Hunter spec as a more melee oriented build. Shadow Hunters draw their power from the Loa, the same source of the Trolls priests power, who are more Witch Doctors as it is. Now, if they finally use glaives, they could use them!

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Lot's of RPG's use Bards, Tales Series, Final Fantasy, and Elder Scrolls. Singing could heal, or do damage, and give them a creepy puppet to do damage. It would be kinda cool if done right. Keep an open mind dude.
    I agree in the lameness, but I do like the idea of using sound power a la Klaxxi, those guys are wicked cool.

I do get the bard and his place in lore -there's one in the twilight highlands, he heals with music- But I just can't take seriously the thought of a bard going against a Death Kinght or a Warlock; they would be pulverized.

But what about bard as a profession? Its end game goal could be buffs for raids and out of combat healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    That lines up with the "Dark Ranger" idea..
    A shame the Dark Ranger was a fan spoof for April fools. Honestly, I think most people are speculating about Sargeras and the revenge of the Legion. Probably get a whole new dark portal on Azeroth to take us to another world where the Legion has been amassing its power and where we have to put an end to Sargeras and what is left of his Lieutenants.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    I am not much for Bards either... but the good news is, they can buff the party:

I noticed the same pattern but I doubt it's deliberate. Also it doesn't fit so well for the Leather classes.

However if Demon hunter is the next class (which is at least in the realm of possibility), then the "pattern" will hold.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

If we keep adding a class every expansion nothing will ever be balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frostfire199 View Post
    So I thought of this at work today and it seems, idk, plausible? In all the classes, there seems to be a running theme of one 'Good' class, one 'Neutral' class, and one 'Evil/Darker' class for each armor type. This may be a bit of a stretch, but I think it wouldn't be a horrible assumption to assume the next class is going to be darker. Think about it.

For Cloth, Warlocks are 'Bad,' Mages are 'Neutral' and Priests are 'Good'
    For Leather, Rogues are 'Bad,' Druids are 'Neutral' and Monks are 'Good' (Druids and Monks are arguably interchangeable.)
    For Mail, There is no 'Bad' class, Hunters are 'Neutral' and Shamans are 'Good'
    For Plate, Death Knights are 'Bad,' Warriors are 'Neutral' and Paladins are 'Good'

So by that logic, the next class will be a mail armor wearing and evil/dark themed.
    you can't seriously call this "logic". If you look a bit closer you'll find out that your theme just does not hold, as an exemple, Shadow priest.
    Last edited by mmoc29a7c2362f; 2013-04-03 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bard class would... be... AWESOME!!

Of course, they would have to introduce new weapons that only bards can use, like heavy metal guitar. They do have a minstrel type class in the Russian mmo Allods, where you can use other weapons, but also produce a lute to play songs with, such things as protective barriers, range music and aoe chords

I don't think demon hunters count as evil. Anyways, I want a tinker class. Only one class using guns/bows/xbows atm is lame.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.