Poll: Do you want a "number squish" to happen?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's already to the point I dont see the whole health number. Time to squish. I'd rather be at 10k health then 1M next expansion.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Is that so?

OK, here's an exercise you can do to appease us simpletons.

Show us your proposed player health and attack power values at expansion end for 60, 70, 80, 85, and 90 AFTER your proposed squish.
    Then, show us your proposed health values for Ragnaros, Brutallus, the Lich King (10), and Morchok (10) AFTER your proposed squish.

All are currently soloable. Let's see how your new numbers stack up, shall we?

This is a video game forum. I'm surround by peers that sadly made "TL;DR" popular and ppl, ur, and c are passed off as English. I'm not here for a math lesson. It's already clear most would not understand.

Wouldn't mind it in the least since the numbers would just go back up again;

My only concern is that it'll look extremely odd at low levels.
    "Why does this thing only have 4 health?" kind of deal.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    While seeing big crits is nice, tanks having over 1 million hp is just absurd and that time is quickly approaching...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love for the item squish to happen. Seeing a million+ crits from certain classes in raid seems a bit silly.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Why? Why do numbers matter it's all proportional anyway makes no difference what the numbers say if you can't realize that nothing I can say will get it through.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't like a number squish since i do enjoy soloing content and i also wouldn't enjoy Blizzard spending a crap ton of time on re adjusting the numbers and what not. So just keep the same pattern going. Maybe not making the increase so large would help slow down the process.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

I am not against a number squish if it is done well.

I like doing old stuff by myself, and I want to be able to do that in the future, because I'm not yet done with it.

That said, as long as I can play the game like I want to play it, it's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think an item squish is inevitable. The sooner it gets implemented, the sooner people will adjust.

Soloing older content will be harder, but it's a necessary evil to balance things. The numbers are just getting ridiculous.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not super concerned about a squish one way or the other. I've already had my fill of soloing old content and my account is inactive right now waiting for the next expansion anyway.

no no no, this has been argued many times over when blizz mentioned about taking it back.
    Item squish fucking sucks and alot of players seemed to agree when some other scrubs pissed and moaned on the forums.
    Imo this was a one way trip, once blizz started this off there is no turning back, far too many people would not be able to get to grips with everything back how it was before.
    And like they did say , it makes you feel like your char has actually progressed and got stronger.
    I love it, onward and upward.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Wouldn't mind it in the least since the numbers would just go back up again;

My only concern is that it'll look extremely odd at low levels.
    "Why does this thing only have 4 health?" kind of deal.
    The squish starts at level 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This is a video game forum. I'm surround by peers that sadly made "TL;DR" popular and ppl, ur, and c are passed off as English. I'm not here for a math lesson. It's already clear most would not understand.
    Nice dodge. And you threw in some more condescension, too.
    The answer is: contrary to what you claimed, you won't be able to present those numbers without wrecking soloing.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They don't really go up exponentially. It's roughly linear, it's just that it goes like this:

1...10...20...30...40...50...60...[tier]...[tier]...[tier]...70...[tier]...[tier]...[tier]...80... etc

So if you ignore the tiers and just look at levels it goes up mostly linearly but with big spikes at the 60, 70, 80 and 85 marks.

Here's the original image (I think it's more of an illustration though):

I think it's ILVL on the left. Faded lines are current, opaque lines are post-squish.
    It does go up in an exponential way when you level. If you take that graph the lines are straight but they are steeper as you level higher. 80-85 is steeper than 70-80. Either way the 1st tier of a new max level builds on the last tier of the old max because Blizzard doesnt want people running the new raids in last exp gear. So to make the whole thing linear you have to cut out the huge increases between tiers and flatten the leveling jumps. So 115-160 is squished, 200-277, 346-410, and 463-? In the meantime when you are losing 300 ilvl of exponential power increases a lvl 70 boss is only cut 30 or 40 ilvls. You had a 300 ilvl advantage(plus character level points) and now you will only be 100 or less above the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care as long as I'm able to solo content for mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Why? Why do numbers matter it's all proportional anyway makes no difference what the numbers say if you can't realize that nothing I can say will get it through.
    Exactly, because they are proportional the bottom line is that balance wouldn't change at all. Therefore it comes down to what people prefer - huge numbers or smaller numbers. Personally I prefer smaller numbers as I've played for a long time and it feels better for me to be critting 2,500 instead of 475,000.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Nice dodge. And you threw in some more condescension, too.
    The answer is: contrary to what you claimed, you won't be able to present those numbers without wrecking soloing.
    Give me the math lesson then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayuya View Post
    yes, I want a numbers squish and i want a Gold squish. I'll never understand why MMO Devs give in and up the ante on gold dropped from mobs just to please people who do not understand the need to keep numbers down.

Beyond that I remember vanilla my priest wanting to reach 7,000 health barrier.
    They already done the gold squish. Mobs in Mists currently drop about as much, if not less, as mobs in Cata (In terms of farming gold, you actually got more gold from cata mobs then from Mists mobs, and counting in vendor trash, more from Wrath mobs then Mists mobs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think there's no need, I want my characters to keep getting stronger. Nothing really changes while numbers keep getting bigger there are only more zeros.
    Also, I dont really think item squish is big problem solver. Now after 4 expansions an item squish at best would bring us to a level of numbers between BC and WotLK. So when next expansion is released we'll be back to cata numbers.
    Another thing is, yes, it's quite easy to reduce all ilvls and stats with it. But will it be easy to balance mobs and bosses accordingly? If it's something hard and time consuming I'd rather they don't start at all.
    And now that player character hps approaching to millions and boss hps approaching to billions it's even less of a problem. You just put an M and a B next to numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am really amazed at how some people consider the squish a threat to soloing. Amazing. They actually think it will take away their power. The essence of the squish is that all numbers get divided by the same coefficient. Both your damage and boss' health. You'll need the same number of hits to kill it. Personally, I just turn off display of all numbers in game - red bars and percentages are more than enough for display purposes.