Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    It's still probably 3-4 years away. Far too early to be joining the hype train for me.

Keep in mind...
    WoW Announced: September 2001
    WoW Released: November 23, 2004

Titan has not even been officially announced yet. We have a LONG time. WoW will probably have 2 more expansions by the time this finally releases, and we still aren't sure if it's going to be a flop like pretty much every other MMO that has released. I could see blizzard's own game making their new game fail. The same exact Gameplay with better graphics will not get many people to jump ship.

I'll be treating Titan just like every other MMO that releases. Wait a few months, look at what population is doing, and then most likely sticking with WoW. I hope Titan will be amazing... I really do.
    Oh yea, I'd be really amazed if we get any really amazing specifics within the next year. About the only thing that could rush this is if WoW declines a bunch and D3 continues to be touted as one of the biggest failures of all time. I left WoW in January for Tera (now THAT game has amazing graphics). I find Tera to be really fun because of the people I have to play with but WoW definitely calls me back. If Blizz would unfuck alts and I could get someone to pay my WoW subscription (my gold for their WoW time) I'd go back and play casually because there just isn't anything close to the polished endgame that is WoW. It really irks me that no gaming company seems to even attempt to put in a worthy effort to derail the out-of-touch and crumbling MMO-King that is WoW. I expect Titan to be no different than all of these other failures that have come along with their feeble attempts to dethrone WoW but boy do I hope I'm wrong. I also hope it's not P2P too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by battle View Post
    i grew up with the viking stuff etc lol probaly becuse i'm danish :P
    American here...And you lucky ass....MUCH more badass then the Grecoroman thing.

Even in a new game Metzen can't leave Thrall rest.

nothing groundbreaking, really

graphic will be blizzard style, oh really ? I was expecting something more NES ...../Sarcasm
    vinking, roman, greek myth like 98% of the game out there

and so ..

Deleted
    April fools

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    April fools
    Posted April Second. Don't think so.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I am quite confused about what main the theme of this game is supposed to be..

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Oh yea, I'd be really amazed if we get any really amazing specifics within the next year. About the only thing that could rush this is if WoW declines a bunch and D3 continues to be touted as one of the biggest failures of all time. I left WoW in January for Tera (now THAT game has amazing graphics). I find Tera to be really fun because of the people I have to play with but WoW definitely calls me back. If Blizz would unfuck alts and I could get someone to pay my WoW subscription (my gold for their WoW time) I'd go back and play casually because there just isn't anything close to the polished endgame that is WoW. It really irks me that no gaming company seems to even attempt to put in a worthy effort to derail the out-of-touch and crumbling MMO-King that is WoW. I expect Titan to be no different than all of these other failures that have come along with their feeble attempts to dethrone WoW but boy do I hope I'm wrong. I also hope it's not P2P too.
    F2P isn't a positive trait for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by battle View Post
    i grew up with the viking stuff etc lol probaly becuse i'm danish :P
    Im norwegian. I had a few chapters about vikings once or twice within 13 years of education. They don't bring it up much, just some words during history class.

I kind of doubt you "grew up" with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    F2P isn't a positive trait for a game.
    I'd like to inquire as to what you're implying is bad about F2P.

Deleted
    Cool. Though it ofc will be long time till release.

Very exciting. Q1 2014 alpha is interesting. The RMAH being a possibility is a bit scary, but I'm sure blizzard learned their lesson and what they can get away with, with D3.

15+ Year Old Account
    For such a big "leak", it doesn't seem to really include any stuff I hadn't seen hinted at in rumors or leaks before. Rumor has it that Stan Sakai was asked to help develop the mythology for the game, so established authors working on it seems to be a reasonable extrapolation of that.

Pretty much every rumor / supposed leak thus far has indicated that the game would involve time travel and that various locations from real world mythologies would be featured (including Atlantis and Teotihuacan).

There's also the fact that Jeffery Kaplan is pretty much already on record saying that the game will be, "sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic, historical [...] all of those combined!" - http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...console-games/

The leaked product slate MMO-Champion posted ages ago, that seemed to peg Hearthstone, would also seem to imply that Blizzcon 2013 will be about (damn) time for the first official announcement.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-04-03 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    April fools
    Doesn't really circulate much new information that we havn't seen before. Clan housing, Knaak and tab-targeting information stand out as the "big",new stuff and aren't really April's Fools material.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    I'd like to inquire as to what you're implying is bad about F2P.
    Because no company gives you a good product for free.

Deleted
    I would take all that with a big pinch of salt. The writer says they won't reveal their source because they promised them with anonymity, and then goes on to say that they don't know if the source is a he or a she, meaning they don't even know who their source is. Hmm.

next-gen consoles are still being considered. Probably after launch, as with D3.
    This worries me greatly. I know it says "next-gen" and it's all speculation at the moment, but many of the shortfalls of D3 are due to it being essentially ported to consoles.

Deleted
    All in all, as i said earlier while these leaks can't always be trusted, there is truth coming from in beneath all of this. Rpg, Time travel, different civilisations, in game adds, possibility of a freemium sort of model from the get go? Yep we are in fact narrowing it down slightly. Time travelling and such gives Blizzard the opportunity to do anything they want with the game which is awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    "Heavy use of Viking Myths" YUP, I'm on board with this game.
    I felt the same way, although I'm more interested in Greek and Roman mythology.

Deleted
    Time Travel rumors are FALSE
    Just read: http://titanfocus.info/topic/298-i-l...t-time-travel/