Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Ideas! All Hunters must read!

I was just wanting to share some ideas they should add for hunters, post your opinions and thoughts!

Talent to increase damage with pet dismissed, causes your stampede to become an ability much like mage's mirror image, Master's Call becomes a small trinket with no duration and can only be casted on yourself. Could help people stir away from Beast Mastery in PvP.

Powershot Cooldown reduced... possibly 45 seconds or less?

Possibly bringing quivers back in the game and different ones with different effects? or possibly adding a arrow enhancement system much like Rogue's Poison. Short cast time to select from a variety of arrows which add effects to your attacks... could balance the fact our Widow's Effect GCD and Focus cost with no damage to just include it to an attack, one to reduce movement speed, those types of effects.

Enchants, Weapon Chains, and Scopes adding some type of visual effects on weapons. I plan on getting the Tyrannical weapon enchant soon and its a shame it won't be showing on my weapon because the effect is very cool looking. possibly causing the draw string to the bow to glow the color of the enchant, or to cause your arrow glow much like the arrows from Thor'idal's bow.

Removing Barrage for a shot thats a short cast time used to pop Paladin's bubble, shatter Mage's Ice Block, expose other Hunter's deterrence weakness and strike them... (may be a bit over powered, also has little to no effect in PvE)

Possibly buffing the effect on PvP gloves, 2 seconds off traps... come on now.

Most of these are PvP biased, sorry but thats my favorite aspect of the game

If this idea were implemented it would be in the form of an entirely new spec, or a complete overhaul of a current spec.

So Quivers are like WotLK Relics for DK, Pala and Shaman? No thanks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukk View Post

Talent to increase damage with pet dismissed
    I would kick a kitten off a cliff for this to happen. I despise pet classes and miss myEQ2 Ranger. If they implemented this I would give up on ever other class forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    I was just wanting to share some ideas they should add for hunters, post your opinions and thoughts!

Talent to increase damage with pet dismissed, causes your stampede to become an ability much like mage's mirror image, Master's Call becomes a small trinket with no duration and can only be casted on yourself. Could help people stir away from Beast Mastery in PvP.

Powershot Cooldown reduced... possibly 45 seconds or less?

Possibly bringing quivers back in the game and different ones with different effects? or possibly adding a arrow enhancement system much like Rogue's Poison. Short cast time to select from a variety of arrows which add effects to your attacks... could balance the fact our Widow's Effect GCD and Focus cost with no damage to just include it to an attack, one to reduce movement speed, those types of effects.

Enchants, Weapon Chains, and Scopes adding some type of visual effects on weapons. I plan on getting the Tyrannical weapon enchant soon and its a shame it won't be showing on my weapon because the effect is very cool looking. possibly causing the draw string to the bow to glow the color of the enchant, or to cause your arrow glow much like the arrows from Thor'idal's bow.

Removing Barrage for a shot thats a short cast time used to pop Paladin's bubble, shatter Mage's Ice Block, expose other Hunter's deterrence weakness and strike them... (may be a bit over powered, also has little to no effect in PvE)

Possibly buffing the effect on PvP gloves, 2 seconds off traps... come on now.

Most of these are PvP biased, sorry but thats my favorite aspect of the game
    Anything that will make hunters better then they are currently is a really bad idea.
    They are already predicted to be in one of the absolte best comps for this season (Thugcleave) and they will
    continue to faceroll in junglecleave, KFC and PHD.

No.. hunters dont need any of these buffs you are speaking of.

I love my pet. Wouldn't want to live without him.

or possibly adding a arrow enhancement system much like Rogue's Poison. Short cast time to select from a variety of arrows which add effects to your attacks... could balance the fact our Widow's Effect GCD and Focus cost with no damage to just include it to an attack, one to reduce movement speed, those types of effects.
    Like, what if they had different levels of arrows that did different amounts of damage and stuff, like maybe thorium arrows vs steel arrows, and sharpened arrows or some kind of ice threaded arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakudai View Post
    Like, what if they had different levels of arrows that did different amounts of damage and stuff, like maybe thorium arrows vs steel arrows, and sharpened arrows or some kind of ice threaded arrow?
    Oh you mean how it used to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I want quivers, but only as a cosmetic. I still have the epic hunter level 60 quest one. Its know a 24 slot bag. I just wish it would show up on my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    I would kick a kitten off a cliff for this to happen. I despise pet classes and miss myEQ2 Ranger. If they implemented this I would give up on ever other class forever
    This is why I think we need Tinkerers. Make them petless hunters that use technology.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-04-03 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Oh you mean how it used to be?
    Yes, that was the joke. Thanks for paying attention.

Deleted
    i think powershots damage should be lowered a bit and be given a shorter cooldown

Yes, that was the joke. Thanks for paying attention.
    Sarcasm and irony don't translate well into text without emoticons!!!

Adding the enchant glow to auto-attack shots would be superb, imo.

Also, I kind of agree that the PVP glove boost is a bit weak compared to what it does for other classes, I don't think it's cause for sufferage for hunter's performance in PVP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Anything that will make hunters better then they are currently is a really bad idea.
    They are already predicted to be in one of the absolte best comps for this season (Thugcleave) and they will
    continue to faceroll in junglecleave, KFC and PHD.

No.. hunters dont need any of these buffs you are speaking of.
    He isn't speaking about buffing hunters, only changing them for the better. By better I mean playstyle wise, not damage wise.

man, I miss the ice threaded arrows. I loved the blue effect. I would even keep a stack or two in my bags during wrath just for shits and giggles

I miss the ice threaded arrows too and I would love a petless Hunter spec.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was a talent for damage increase instead of having a pet it would be way overused and clearly the best. For pvp and raiding at least.

They could make it a slight DPS loss, like what they did with Grimoire of Sacrifice this tier. Thus, most of the time you'd want to take a pet, but on buggy fights like H-Protectors where pets don't inherit DPS buffs, you can take the petless option. That's all I'd need to be happy.

I think a full-fledged petless hunter would have to be a new class. If dark ranger is the new class for next xpac, guess what I'm gonna be?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think powershots damage should be lowered a bit and be given a shorter cooldown
    Powershot should have the knockback removed and be instant cast. The first one so you can actually use it in PvE and the second just because I like instant cast shots and it cant becast while moving.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 07:22 AM ----------

I want a no pet bow ranged class so bad. Im hoping next expac will either give it to hunters, or introduce a new class that does it, or 4th spec for another class like monk or rogue.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 07:25 AM ----------

I like barrage the way it is, its really good for aoe pulling and other aoe situations as MM. For what you want they could just buff tranq shot but it would probably be OP since no other class can do those things.