Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Tortos H, 9:30 duration

Megaera N, 6:20 duration
    Last edited by mmoc4a3b9d52b4; 2013-04-26 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cecild View Post
    cant post links yet :/
    You can break links apart btw.

Like worldoflogs . com / insertdatahere
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Been posting all over i can link now

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11089&e=11487

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    You can break links apart btw.

Like worldoflogs . com / insertdatahere

10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm from our guilds sunday-raid in ToT, the meta-gem proc seems quite random, sometimes it spent a minute without proccing and then it even procced twice in a row with ~5 seconds of time between procs 1 and 2.

This new proc system is so confusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruktio View Post
    Can confirm from our guilds sunday-raid in ToT, the meta-gem proc seems quite random, sometimes it spent a minute without proccing and then it even procced twice in a row with ~5 seconds of time between procs 1 and 2.

This new proc system is so confusing.
    It's not confusing but it doesn't give credit to players who know their shit.

Random is random, but for ICD based proc system skilled players knew when it's beneficial to pop cooldowns and when to wait for trinket to proc.

This new system is more random which I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    It's not confusing but it doesn't give credit to players who know their shit.

Random is random, but for ICD based proc system skilled players knew when it's beneficial to pop cooldowns and when to wait for trinket to proc.

This new system is more random which I don't like.
    I agree with this.
    It was fun to keep track of your CDs and time your combustion. Now, its all about luck.

I mean fire is about luck, but CD management was required during previous tier or previous expansion.
    But now, you don't know when your trinkets would proc, so you don't know if you should hold back and use your pyros.
    Some trinkets only proc for 10secs, and if that trinket procs after you cast that instant pyro, you'll need to build that up again.
    (get a crit before that proc's duration becomes too short to use it for a combustion. Especially if you dont have enough crit rating.)

BTW, with this new gem, Nether Tempest is really strong. Applying it/refreshing it everytime this metagem procs, does so much damage.
    I hope they dont nerf it =P

Did my first night of raiding with the new Legendary Meta last night, getting around 12-16% uptime overall.

Honestly? It sucks, hard, I am not noticing any significant increase in damage output and being a legendary item that's rather surprising.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Did my first night of raiding with the new Legendary Meta last night, getting around 12-16% uptime overall.

Honestly? It sucks, hard, I am not noticing any significant increase in damage output and being a legendary item that's rather surprising.
    Got my First Raid too last Night with the Meta

Jin´rokh - 32,5 % Uptime (5:48)
    Horridon - 27,8 % Uptime (10:59)
    Council - 14,7 % Uptime (8:04)
    Megaera - 21,2 % Uptime (8:48)
    Ji-Kun - 15,1 % Umtime (7:22)

Always try to line up the Procc (often on Fight start) with Trinkets, yeah its RNG,you never know if holding back proccs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouxility View Post
    Got my First Raid too last Night with the Meta

Jin´rokh - 32,5 % Uptime (5:48)
    Horridon - 27,8 % Uptime (10:59)
    Council - 14,7 % Uptime (8:04)
    Megaera - 21,2 % Uptime (8:48)
    Ji-Kun - 15,1 % Umtime (7:22)

Always try to line up the Procc (often on Fight start) with Trinkets, yeah its RNG,you never know if holding back proccs or not.
    How can you get 32% uptime on Jin'rokh and 14% on Council? Looks far too random, think my max uptime in the 5 pulls of Jin'rokh was in the region of 16%, and I actually did less damage overall than last week using the regular meta.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

How can you get 32% uptime on Jin'rokh and 14% on Council? Looks far too random, think my max uptime in the 5 pulls of Jin'rokh was in the region of 16%, and I actually did less damage overall than last week using the regular meta.
    Jin'rokh is a shorter fight, hence it gets promoted a bit more by the quaranteed proc at the start, add to this cause it is a short fight, TW/BL/hero has a lot higher uptime than on council, making the chance to proc a lot higher. Given 14.7% is kinda low for the meta. I'm having 23-25% average on my meta atm as fire, though I do have 8k haste atm, which might help a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Jin'rokh is a shorter fight, hence it gets promoted a bit more by the quaranteed proc at the start, add to this cause it is a short fight, TW/BL/hero has a lot higher uptime than on council, making the chance to proc a lot higher. Given 14.7% is kinda low for the meta. I'm having 23-25% average on my meta atm as fire, though I do have 8k haste atm, which might help a bit.
    Guaranteed proc at start? That's not correct, it only procs at the start for me like 50% of the time, that's why I find this gem unworthy of being a legendary. The only time it has a noticeable effect is when it procs for my combustion opener.

Hi everyone,

Although I don't really know what I'm doing, I've been trying to learn to play Fire Spec while working like crazy to do all the dailies, quests, etc ad nausea, in order to gear up as well as possible.

On Tuesday, I had finally gotten the 20th Secret (I had the quest for nearly a month before the ToT raids came available; 20 Secrets in 8 weeks, with an average of 8 bosses per week means that Blizzard's RNG is terribly broken, but that's another story altogether...). I did get the Meta Gem and I can honestly say that, even with my horrible skills at Fire Spec, my numbers were not too good, and the up-time wasn't stellar.

The other Mage in my Guild (Fieryballs, in Slow Motion on US Sargeras) has been playing for years and years and has the "feel" of what, how and when to do things, and he blows my doors down, even though I am slightly better geared.

Anyway, I managed to learn how to use World of Logs and I've gotten the thread from last night's raid on the first 10 ToT Bosses (Normal) to follow.

As others have said, the complete randomness of the proc (Tempus Repit) makes for an erratic time of it under the best of circumstance, and when you take into consideration that my RNG stinks on ice and I still haven't gotten the hang of it all, the qualities of the Gem are not anywhere near the hype and hoopla. There was ONE, and only ONE time when the stars aligned and Tempus Repit, Lightweave and the two Trinkets all procced at the same time at the pull, Heating Up and Hot Streak all hit immediately and I actually got to use Combustion when it was at the 100+K mark. I admit that I ought to have waited for two more seconds, as it blew to a staggering 258K just after I hit Combustion, but that's hindsight, and the mere fact that I hit the Combustion button when the numbers were over 100 made me feel good...

I learning to read the logs, so I'm not certain of the percentage rates of Tempus Repit, but I do know that they hovered in the 14% range, overall.

I think that I will go back to the Burning Primal Diamond, as I know that I will have guaranteed numbers and can work on everything else.

Thanks for reading this, and when people zoom in for the kill (we know this happens!! lol), I hope that people will be kind...

www (dot) worldoflogs (dot) com /reports /rt-gt72t77jdbmyp4lu/

I tried to post my Guild Raid Logs from last night, showing the erratic up-time of the Gem (Tempus Redit), but I think that it was removed by the Moderators, as I haven't been a member long enough to be allowed to put in links and whatnot.

Perhaps Blizzard should create a new mount? Call it The WAAAAAAAmbulance...

No RuPaulogies here!! lol

Have a great weekend, folks

Deleted
    Thought I might aswell contribute a bit with some data, as I have been using this thread quite a bit to follow up on the meta gem (thanks for that btw).
    Heroic Jin'Rokh: 18,6% uptime (3min 59sec)
    Heroic Horridon: 25,3% uptime (10min 1sec)
    Heroic Council of Elders: 19,7% uptime (8min)
    Heroic Maegera: 24,4% uptime: (7mins 44sec)
    Heroic Ji-kun: 18,7% uptime (7min 59sec)
    Heroic Durumu: 16,2% uptime (7mins 4sec)
    Heroic Primordius: 26,7% uptime (6mins 1sec)

Guaranteed proc at start? That's not correct, it only procs at the start for me like 50% of the time, that's why I find this gem unworthy of being a legendary. The only time it has a noticeable effect is when it procs for my combustion opener.
    Well ofc it ain't 100% chance unless you wait 5 mins from last proc, but still it should proc earlier rather than later on pulls even when not waiting the full time for the "reset"

Well ofc it ain't 100% chance unless you wait 5 mins from last proc, but still it should proc earlier rather than later on pulls even when not waiting the full time for the "reset"
    Sure it procs early, but the thing I'm trying to say is if it doesn't proc during the combustion opener, it's almost worthless. 10 secs of 30% haste without using combustion isn't really a big deal, and combined with the low uptime I really do wonder if it's even worth using over a nice flat crit damage boost.

Obviously the math says it is, but it doesn't "feel" rewarding enough to be the thing you spend weeks grinding out a raid for. Especially when you have classes like affliction locks who are enjoying massive uptime, scale extremely well with haste already, and can snapshot the buff in their dots to effectively extend it almost indefinitely for the majority of their dps.

Just feels wrong, give us a crit based proc.

Sure it procs early, but the thing I'm trying to say is if it doesn't proc during the combustion opener, it's almost worthless. 10 secs of 30% haste without using combustion isn't really a big deal, and combined with the low uptime I really do wonder if it's even worth using over a nice flat crit damage boost.

Obviously the math says it is, but it doesn't "feel" rewarding enough to be the thing you spend weeks grinding out a raid for. Especially when you have classes like affliction locks who are enjoying massive uptime, scale extremely well with haste already, and can snapshot the buff in their dots to effectively extend it almost indefinitely for the majority of their dps.

Just feels wrong, give us a crit based proc.
    How does combustion opener have to do with the uptime discussion? And better yet how does it have anything to do with Jin'rokh..

And what comes to it being not worth it, with 20% uptime for me at least, its a freaking huge damage upgrade. I don't want something that is amazingly op that would nerf the spec otherwise.. I don't want another combustion or CM or Pyro nerf.

How does combustion opener have to do with the uptime discussion? And better yet how does it have anything to do with Jin'rokh..

And what comes to it being not worth it, with 20% uptime for me at least, its a freaking huge damage upgrade. I don't want something that is amazingly op that would nerf the spec otherwise.. I don't want another combustion or CM or Pyro nerf.
    Oh I'm sorry I thought this thread was entitled Sinister Primal Diamond for Fire, I must be mistaken, please accept my apologies.

And really it is so not a "freaking huge damage upgrade", I barely notice any upgrade at all in overall damage most of the time.

Oh I'm sorry I thought this thread was entitled Sinister Primal Diamond for Fire, I must be mistaken, please accept my apologies.

And really it is so not a "freaking huge damage upgrade", I barely notice any upgrade at all in overall damage most of the time.
    You quoted my comment to begin with that had absolutely nothing to do with this thread in general, but why could jin'rohk have higher uptime on the meta gem than council..

But ye am kinda done with this discussion as I don't really cba with the endless bickering..