How to install Cod BO2 from the CD?

Honestly, I have googled for 7 years on how to install from the disc, I don't want to use my net connection.
    Can't figure it out..

Help would be lovely, cheers.

Deleted
    add the key to steam, download game, play.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    add the key to steam, download game, play.
    It doesn't download from the disc, it downloads from the steam cloud.

If that ever worked for real, it doesn't work now.
    Requires an internet connection, sits at trying to connect or whatever indefinitely.

Deleted
    Oh, it worked for me when I tried it with other games.. Not sure how you would go about it now then. I haven't installed with a CD for quite a while now.

Deleted
    Pop the CD in and follow it's autorun procedure? Even if it says "Downloading" in steam, if that's like 8MB/sec, that sure isn't comming off of your connection, and if it is, I'm wondering why you want to do a CD install in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Pop the CD in and follow it's autorun procedure? Even if it says "Downloading" in steam, if that's like 8MB/sec, that sure isn't comming off of your connection, and if it is, I'm wondering why you want to do a CD install in the first place.
    Probably has a data cap. For those with bad internet connections, the disk is (probably) faster.

And to the OP, I don't know. Sorry.

Not everyone has fibre optic internet with huge data caps, us australians have shit and overpriced internet.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Fair enough, though I don't think if an ISP offers speeds in the 80+ mbits range they'd cap that, then again I don't know that much about internet subscriptions outside Belgium.

Fair enough, though I don't think if an ISP offers speeds in the 80+ mbits range they'd cap that, then again I don't know that much about internet subscriptions outside Belgium.
    We still live in the world of data caps, not to mention like about 60% only has access to adsl2+ on really old infrastructure and others can only get adsl1 if they're lucky.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    word is some companies in usa are planning to start data capping the regular family plans sounds horrific, but on topic is it possible the disk doesnt have the download on it?
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Honestly, I have googled for 7 years on how to install from the disc, I don't want to use my net connection.
    Can't figure it out..

Help would be lovely, cheers.
    Odds are that you are going to have to download the game. No matter what, even if you COULD install from the disc, you'll still have to download a bunch of updates and they probably aren't going to be small.

My advice is to bring your computer to a lan center/friend's house and use their connection. After that, use Steam's backup feature to make a backup CD from which you should have no problem reinstalling in the future.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I don't know why they give you two discs and then make you download from Steam anyway. :/

Deleted
    Azhtyhx save the day!

Right-click on the game, select Delete local content, and confirm.
    Insert the first disc into your computer.
    Close Steam (Steam > Exit).
    Press Windows Key + R to open Run
    In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
    Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.
    Press OK. Steam will launch and ask you to sign in if you do not have your password saved. Your installation should continue from the disc.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    We still live in the world of data caps, not to mention like about 60% only has access to adsl2+ on really old infrastructure and others can only get adsl1 if they're lucky.
    Been rocking 12gb adsl1 cap for years now, and about 10doors up is all adsl2 -.-

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    No datacaps in Finland :P