Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    I think GW2 has some of the most boring looking gear in any mmo i've ever played, i basicly looked the same from 1-80, and at lvl 80 i still haven't found any gear that looks much different.
    You kind of right. WoW has been around for years and someone's link to the amount of different armour sets is a testament to that. I think from memory it was something like 1440 sets. That's a hell of a lot and I think they have been trying to raise the bar each time. Some of the sets look stupid and some look fine.

Gw2 has been out for 6 months and probably has a 10th of that number. You may think it looks boring but it seems they are trying to tone things like like the OP suggests. The beauty of the game is the way you can mix'n'match items and dye them to create a completely new set. Even though there is only about 120-130 sets the combination of those creates a huge amount of options. In fact its very hard to find two people that look identical.

there is even a reddit page on the topic. http://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWarsDyeJob They still look boring to you? If so perhaps you like the impossible armour, nothing wrong with that option either. I quite like the designs of some of the armour sets from Tera as well.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Cloaks are a PART of the character's model, not animated on their own. You'd literally have to change the skeleton to make cloaks move differently. And seeing as Blizzard is redoing the races anyway, there's no real use in doing just that for the older models.

And I dislike "complex" looking capes. I'm perfectly happy with solid colored capes, or ones with only a border pattern or something. Those fit in much more easily to transmog sets than the super gaudy ones with chains and other weird baubles painted onto the surface.
    They still look like a shitty piece of cardboard, no matter what the reason. And the less detail they have, the more cardboardy they seem to look.

It's all magic. IRL physics do not apply to WoW, tbh. Most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Impossible for what? you might ask. Well, impossible for everything. Making, using, etc. I can't imagine someone wearing it without collapsing by the weight (even an orc) or trying to put it on himself without cutting himself to shreds. What happened to the old-school alliance Knight armor vs the tribal looking orkish armor, you know, like the ones on the cover of the book Circle of hatred? Why haven't we seen such sets since TBC or even Vanilla pop up? I would totally dig up one of theese if it is made with the great textures that are now standart for the game.
    its a game, its not real, plus its a fantasy game at that. where else can you be near death then eat to restore yourself to full health. if it were more real you probably wouldnt play it. youd have to walk everywhere or ride a horse. gold wouldnt drop off of monsters or gear from that matter. enjoy it for what it is, not what it isnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shoulders aren't big enough yet.
    Putin khuliyo