Dark Iron Dwarves - what are they up to?

So, have you all watched the intro to the Blood in the Snow scenerio that's on the front page?

Varian goes to the Council of Three Hammers to help them with their troll problem, Bronzebeard and Wildhammer both say they can't help as they can't turn their backs on the Dark Iron Dwarves. Only Moira offers to help and goes with Varian (presumably into the scenerio).

So, what is she up to? Trying to get into Varian 'good books' so that he will proclaim her ruler over all the dwarves (over the Bronzebeards - seems unlikely). Or planning some sort of treachery to get the post.

Or have Moira's Dark Iron Dwarves really turned over a new leaf?

With probably a fairly major change in leadership over in the Horde coming up, could Blizzard be planning some changes in the alliance leadership as well just to 'balance things out'. If so, it's only the dwarves that really have the political intrigue to make those sort of changes. Varian will only finish being King of Stormwind when he's dead (which could happen), the night elves pretty much universally love Tyrande and Malfurion now (at least, the ones that didn't join Fandral in the Firelands), The only Gnome who's ever shown any dislike for the High Tinker is currently a level 30 boss in Gnomeregan, no Draenai would go against Valen and the Worgen are still too 'new' a race to have an big impact if Greymane was displaced.

What do you think?

The Dark Irons were never evil.

Most of them were controlled by Ragnaros when they unwillingly/unknowingly summoned him onto Azeroth.

Moira is simply trying to prove that she is a fit ruler. Her entire reason for leaving Ironforge the first time was that her father refused to acknowledge or allow a female to rule Ironforge. When he had her husband killed and she revealed this to him, and told him she never wanted to see him again, he changed his view and began to promote female guards into his personal guard, etc.

Moira has shown she has no interest in working with the Twilight Cult/etc. like the corrupted Dark Irons do. She is defending her home from the trolls because the other dwarven clans are too stubborn to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant agree that they are not evil. Dark Irons are very tricky guys. In leader short stories Moira still shows that she has her personal intentions for Ironforge and that she doesnt like Wildhammers.

I think she is up to something. Maybe she plays good girl role for Varian to make sure that she is respected and "liked". After that she can do some provocation in Ironforge and blame it to both Wildhammer and Bronzebeards. When Varian will say What the hack just happened here ? She will answer Its those two treacherous clans Varr that betrayed us, you know im loyal to you sweetheart.

Or another thing that she has allies to some dark Lord/force (but who?) and intends to get close to Varain in order to get rid of Alliance leader and Shatter Alliance.

Cant say that after all the things she has Became All loyal to Alliance.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

she might plan to join the horde after SoO, dwarf for the horde!

me /approves
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post

me /approves
    haha ))) and ome trolls and tauren is Ally! Ya Mon! Mooo Moooo!!
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post

me /approves
    Makes perfect sense, considering she's trying to prove her worth to Varian in 5.3.

/sarcasm off

Moira seems to have gotten a grip of them plus they know there old allies ragnaros and the twilight's hammer is history

they got nobody else to turn to except the alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    haha ))) and ome trolls and tauren is Ally! Ya Mon! Mooo Moooo!!
    deal?

/10 char
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible now that the Cataclysm has passed and we've killed Rag (twice), the Dark Irons might actually come out from under his slaved control and follow Moira. I don't know that she is "up to" anything bad, but she is certainly positioning herself just right with Varian that should he grant her his blessing regarding Iron Forge and the absence of her frozen father, it may be a precursor for more dark iron dwarves in Iron Forge and stronger sorcery type magics for mages and warlocks.

The other thing that seems to be possible would be the "level cap" version of Blackrock Mountain and Shadowforge City with Moira at the Helm with Thaurissan dead since vanilla (lore) and either make it a Neutral faction to both sides, or, make it another uprising against both sides in a struggle for power. Ultimately retuning a heroic version of BRD in another "scenario". It's all really speculation, but it would be fun to see if Blizz finally starts bringing zones into the "latest" time period by changing the villians, much the same way they've already done with Dead Mines and Sunken Temple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moira is only Dark Iron by marriage. She was born a Bronzebeard, Ironforge is her city and its people is her people. Isn't it normal for her to lend her aid to Varian against the Frostmanes and their allies the Zandalari?

We know from the start that the Council of Three Hammers was a convenient way of preventing a new War of the Three Hammers. We also know that it was more or less imposed by Varian. I think that no one in the Council is very happy with that arrangement. Moria wants to be the sole ruler of Ironforge. She has the birthright, and even if she doesn't because she's a woman, neither Muradin or Brann have sons, so eventually the heir to the throne will be Moira's son. That fact places her in an advantageous situation compared to Muradin and Falstad. By lending her aid to Varian, she is showing true leadership and the popularity of Magni's daughter will certainly rise after that. But really, I don't see anything evil about that.

The Dark Irons were aggressive and evil because they were lead by sorcerers and then enslaved by Ragnaros. However, now that they are free from that influence, they may become a decent folk, if maybe a little chaotic. Afterall, the Thorium Brotherhood are Dark Irons, and they are not so bad.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

It's enlightened self-interest - nothing more sinister than that.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moira is a despicable, deceiving, lying.....

*moria gives genn tea*

wonderful women i do say. yes i do.