Deleted

Fury opener and midfight question

Hello,

I'm looking for ways to improve my dps as fury warrior, currently 510ilvl TG doing around 100k dps on single target.

First of all, what is the perfect opener, should i w8 for all my trinket/enchants to proc before popping cds? What about rotation on opener? I usualy do it that way: BloodBath -> Banner (well other warriors in raid banner) -> Dragon's Roar -> Recklessness - > Colossus Smash -> Bloodthirst -> 2x Raging Blow and heroic strikes meanwhile -> Bloodthirst, and after that normal rotation starts.

Second thing is about midfight, should i always use colossus smash only if i can follow with BT afterwards?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    There is multiple threads about this, a sticky and a search function..

Try one of them

Deleted
    Ideally you would want 3 raging blows in the CS (outside of executes ofc). So you could do: CS, RB, BT, RB, RB. You don't want to delay BT by too much, you could also do: CS, BT, RB, RB, (br) RB. You should not do CS, RB, RB, BT, RB, doing so will delay BT, but it is not that big a deal if you can get the three RBs.

Also you should not delay CS unless it is for executes (you might only get one CS in the execute phase, delaying might give two). I hope this answers your question.

Regarding the opener there are a bunch of threads about it.

I prefer:

prepot/shout
    charge/BT
    heroic throw
    banner/dragon roar/BB/non-crit trinkets
    reck/BT/crit trinkets
    CS/HS
    RB/HS
    BT/HS
    RB/HS
    RB/HS

I use heroic throw only as a filler so I can get a BT with reck up before the first CS, it also gives trinkets time to proc. I also save bersker rage just in case I get unlucky and BT doesn't crit enough for the 3 RBs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    Ideally you would want 3 raging blows in the CS (outside of executes ofc). So you could do: CS, RB, BT, RB, RB. You don't want to delay BT by too much, you could also do: CS, BT, RB, RB, (br) RB. You should not do CS, RB, RB, BT, RB, doing so will delay BT, but it is not that big a deal if you can get the three RBs.

Also you should not delay CS unless it is for executes (you might only get one CS in the execute phase, delaying might give two). I hope this answers your question.

Regarding the opener there are a bunch of threads about it.

I prefer:

prepot/shout
    charge/BT
    heroic throw
    banner/dragon roar/BB/non-crit trinkets
    reck/BT/crit trinkets
    CS/HS
    RB/HS
    BT/HS
    RB/HS
    RB/HS

I use heroic throw only as a filler so I can get a BT with reck up before the first CS, it also gives trinkets time to proc. I also save bersker rage just in case I get unlucky and BT doesn't crit enough for the 3 RBs.
    Your second opener is terrible. It delays BT. You never want to BT AFTER a CS, always 1 GCD before.

Your opener does depend on trinkets. If feather procs on the pull, you're going to wait for three BTs before you burst. If it doesn't, you're just going to wait 2.

So BT-(Empty/HT/Bloodsurged WS)-BT-BURST (All CDS except reck+DR-reck-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB).

If feather procs, just wait an extra BT.

Deleted
    How does it delay BT? It's 2 GCDs between each BT, no delays. Unless you missed that there is a BT with reck and crit trinkets just before CS?

Edit: Unless you are refering to the first part of my post, which was answering the second question of how to use CS midfight, that is not set in stone as much as the opener due to the nature of things (BTs delayed for bloodsurges, non-crit BTs, downtime on boss etc.)
    Last edited by mmocc755f473b1; 2013-04-03 at 11:29 PM.

Your opener does depend on trinkets. If feather procs on the pull, you're going to wait for three BTs before you burst. If it doesn't, you're just going to wait 2.

So BT-(Empty/HT/Bloodsurged WS)-BT-BURST (All CDS except reck+DR-reck-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB).

What's the reasoning behind delaying 1 more BT if Feathers does proc? Is this solely to allow it to potentially build up more stacks, and in the event it doesn't this is the assumption that may not proc and as such using earlier is more beneficial?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    What's the reasoning behind delaying 1 more BT if Feathers does proc? Is this solely to allow it to potentially build up more stacks, and in the event it doesn't this is the assumption that may not proc and as such using earlier is more beneficial?
    You get an extra stack of feather by delaying, and you don't lose much (if anything) other than having you CDs be up a few seconds later

*edit you get 2 extra stacks.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-04-04 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    You get an extra stack of feather by delaying, and you don't lose much (if anything) other than having you CDs be up a few seconds later

*edit you get 2 extra stacks.
    My bad, got procs mixed up and was thinking of the Gaze proc -_-

Feathers proc makes sense as it builds up.

Deleted
    this post helped me to tyvm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Your second opener is terrible. It delays BT. You never want to BT AFTER a CS, always 1 GCD before.

Hey about opener - does it mean i need to use only 1 gcd between 2 first BT's?

And this is just opener rotation right? I don't wanna use BT 1gcd before Colossus right? Because when i do it makes my Colossus Smash to always wait 1 gcd after cooldown is up.

And overall question, does any1 know if current fury guide sticky is accurate for doing maximum dps? Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not necessarily empty, but it is 2 GCDs. Things like proced WS, or heroic throw. Although you could delay HT until after the first CS and catch the tail end of a proc, but the gain would be so minor.

Personally I go (shout/prepot/charge)BT-Free-Free-BT-(Dump RB if 2 proced)-Empty-CDs/DR-Reck/BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-BT-RB with HL and HS as allowable. That last BT should proc a RB, which should be used since you'll still have BB running and cant be saved for the next CS phase anyway.