Poll: What is your stance towards RBGs

Do you love/hate Rated BGs?

I got curious what is the communitys stance over Rated Bgs.

Pleased I suppose. It's fun for a while if you don't play it too much. It's like PvP raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like them because of how easy it is to increase the conquest cap compared to arenas. (Before you bash on me for being some arena crybaby or w/e, I've tried both)
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Pol-Kinabol View Post
    I don't like them because of how easy it is to increase the conquest cap compared to arenas. (Before you bash on me for being some arena crybaby or w/e, I've tried both)
    This ^^ , RBG belittled arenas way too much.

I voted indifferent.

I enjoy them because they are actually quite good fun, but I don't like being forced into playing them for a higher cap.

If you are a caster, they are great. If you are a melee they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed them for the 1 season where I could play at HotH level as DPS on my warrior. Every season since where I havent been able to do that due to horrible class balance in them, I have disliked them. It wasn't until now that I am forced to RBG to stay gear competitive in Arena that I truly hate and loathe them. GG Beam Vortex hasnt helped RBGs this expansion either.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

RBGs were and still are a great idea, my beef with them is the effect they had on arena seasons 9-12, but, that issue has been fixed with 5.2 so they're a-ok in my book now.

I hate them because it's nearly impossible to compete at a high level as any melee other than a Death Knight and perhaps a Rogue. I wouldn't mind them being so imbalanced in favor of ranged dps if it weren't for the fact that they are required for maximum Conquest.

I say let the imbalance continue, but bring Arena Conquest rewarded up to the RBG level so that everyone can have an avenue to approach competitive PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    I hate them because it's nearly impossible to compete at a high level as any melee other than a Death Knight and perhaps a Rogue. I wouldn't mind them being so imbalanced in favor of ranged dps if it weren't for the fact that they are required for maximum Conquest.

I say let the imbalance continue, but bring Arena Conquest rewarded up to the RBG level so that everyone can have an avenue to approach competitive PvP.
    Or be fair and make Arena give more conquest. Why give classes that are left overpowered in RBGs an easier time getting gear. If arena is what is being balanced around it should reward the most since its the fairest and most competitive option.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I'd have no problem if RBGs and Arenas gave the same amount of conquest/week. I don't care about the amount of Conquest they give per game, RBGs take longer, of course they should reward more per game. But the fact that a 2400 RBG rating gives more Conquest than a 2700 arena rating is just completely idiotic, especially since it's easier to get 2400 in RBGs than it is to get 2700 in arenas.

If they made RBGs equal to arenas then I'd have no problem with them at all, but the way it is is just terrible. They aren't fun at all, but yet they're a requirement to stay competitive. Completely idiotic.

The class balance and playerbase has completely ruined them for me;
    Because I play a DPS warrior and strictly a DPS warrior (I'd like to arena too without dropping 2-3k+ each time I decide to do RBG's) I'm out of luck if I decide to push.
    I did so last season but it was dreadful.

And the fact that I had to pug them last season was also dreadful.
    So many 17 year olds just harassing me over my voice/gender without even seeing me play once. I usually had the higher CR as well and topped the meters; As a melee class.
    I got my 2.2 and just straight up quit doing them because I literally just did not want to put up with it anymore since it was almost a straight 50/50 that I'd get crapped on over nothing in each pug I joined. The chances of running into idiots when you're playing with 9 strangers is so much higher than with one or two.

I love the concept; I enjoyed the games I played at "decent" MMR (1700-1800) because I wasn't pidgeontoed into the same freakin' comp everybody else was using and could actually play. The fact I could actually get my T2 despite playing on a dead server due to them being cross-realm was also a god-send outside the issue mentioned earlier.

The rewards system outside the people abusing it last season with wintrading is also much better than that of arenas; It promotes people to actually play them more so than arenas. The reason they're more active I feel is simply because you have a tangible reward waiting for you every step of the way; That and the CRZ thing.
    Arenas are still Gladiator or Bust - Even so this season with the Tabard being 2500.

Conquest thing needs a fix though. Doesn't bother me too much but I can see why it's an issue.