Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

But the thing I'm talking about with Garrosh has nothing to do with these timeline issues. Just forget TBC, forget WotLK, forget the rest of Cata and forget MoP. Only take the 1-60 stuff. Isolate it from everything else. Do not pay attention to any transition between expansions. If you take only that content of Level 1-60, and you play through the zones, having a different warchief in Orgrimmar and a different warchief being talked about, or appearing in the zones creates a weird questing experience for new players.
    That doesn't matter at all, if you are in Outland and Northrend, Thrall is still Warchief and Garrosh just some general or whiny kid. You are talking about something that is already ingame, having no major impact whatsoever, not to mention someone who even remotely cares about lore will learn the difference.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-04-04 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That doesn't matter at all, if you are in Outland and Northrend, Thrall is still Warchief and Garrosh just some general or whiny kid. You are talking about something that is already ingame, having no major impact whatsoever, not to mention someone who even remotely cares about lore will learn the difference.
    The problem with wow, the game is how it started off good, consistent and its timeline lineal so nothing could be questioned.. yet over time blizzard has poured more and more and more stuff into it, without any clever way to make any of it consistent, and now it just comes off as a mess of ideas thrown into the pot.

The old saying too many cooks spoil the broth really applies to wow. And its just going to get worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You barely notice Thrall in Outland and Northrend. There's that quest in Nagrand and he appears at the Tournament. As far as I know that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The problem with wow, the game is how it started off good, consistent and its timeline lineal so nothing could be questioned.. yet over time blizzard has poured more and more and more stuff into it, without any clever way to make any of it consistent, and now it just comes off as a mess of ideas thrown into the pot.

The old saying too many cooks spoil the broth really applies to wow. And its just going to get worse.
    It's more a gameplay/story segregation thing than an actual storyline thing though. Lore wise there should be no reason to go back to outland/northrend, and yet that's too much content to just waste. So rather than rewrite 20 levels worth of content they just send you on your way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    It's more a gameplay/story segregation thing than an actual storyline thing though. Lore wise there should be no reason to go back to outland/northrend, and yet that's too much content to just waste. So rather than rewrite 20 levels worth of content they just send you on your way.
    Whats going to happen now, and don't get me wrong I want Garrosh gone, dead hopefully but it not just gone, is that whoever the next warchief is will make the leveling experience even more inconsistent. this has already been pointed out, and given how so much of wow's story now has no real lineal timeline, you just accept the fact it doesn't make sense. For a new player though, this would just be a complete mess.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone notice Garrosh has a better model than every other faction leader?
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I don't know if we'll kill him (though i'm 98% sure) but I refuse to believe that he'll remain Warchief. As for the replacing leaders, I don't know. They replaced Cairne, Bolvar and Magni quite easily - heck, they did it so easily that most of it didn't even happen in the game.
    Yes they replaced them easily because they changed world. Like NiNdoriel said it will feel strange to have two Warchiefs unless.... We change world again in-game.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Sylvanass has good model too imo. And Vol'jin model is latest !
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quite frankly the WoW lore is not functionally represented in the game. You get bits and pieces and have to put them together with stuff in books and on forums to have the storyline make any sense at all. It's probably one of the biggest weaknesses in the games design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll quote my comment from another thread about this issue:

Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms progress endlessly and for now we have lot of unchanged maps that feels disappointing, we have to bare Garrosh and his madness in these 5 zones, we have to do Scenario to see destroyed Theremore, to do daily quests in Pandaria to see Moved Dalaraan from Northrend and Jaina as Radical Alliance NPC. And pretty sure no one will do Scenarios and DAilys in next expansion just to see Theremore and moved Dalaraan. That facts are disappointing, Game lorewise progresses, but Game in-game wise stayes same. World of Warcraft is leader in MMORPG so there should be no talking about finances, and if it will take time its ok because it will refresh game and bring new spark in it ! You know Every little helps.
    Do not confuse Outland Northrend and Pandaria to Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms. These 3 lands where only dedicated to one expansion and after the expansion there was and will be no changes on that places. We returned to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms in every expansion. Outland - Sunwell. Northrend - Attack on Orgrimmar and Battle for Undercity, Pandaria - Last two patches.

Imo its time to change Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms continent once more because lots of things changed there recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    There are lots of time loops in wow. A post cata azeroth takes you into a pre illidan's death outland which goes to a pre lich king's fall northrend, which brings you back to a pre deathwings death azeroth then sends you off to a post cata new land.

Someday I hope the questing gets a time space continum fix.
    This is exactly my thought too. The game is already extremely messy, and they actually mode it more messy with the re-hash of 1-60 zones. If they want to have a game with a logic timeline they'll have to change A LOT again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just thinking. I have another theory.

What if unexpectedly Garrosh is dissappearing with something or by something. And Thrall actually have to convince the other Horde leaders to search for him in the next expansion. That would be a big twist to the whole thing. His absence might frighten a lot of people, cause they don't want him back, but they don't know either if he ever comes back. The anger to kill Garrosh would be still there and could unleash a lot of chain reactions, wise decisions or stupid ones, on both Horde and Alliance side. That would make Azeroth even more weaker. Everything will be shattered then. The perfect moment for a demon invasion if you ask me.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-04-27 at 12:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought of this too when he's still in hearthstone as the warrior. what if he was corrupted by a sha this whole time and we kill that instead, and he steps down. instead of us killing him, we take his warchief title away and allow voljin to preside.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    I'll quote my comment from another thread about this issue:

Do not confuse Outland Northrend and Pandaria to Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms. These 3 lands where only dedicated to one expansion and after the expansion there was and will be no changes on that places. We returned to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms in every expansion. Outland - Sunwell. Northrend - Attack on Orgrimmar and Battle for Undercity, Pandaria - Last two patches.

Imo its time to change Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms continent once more because lots of things changed there recently.
    Lots of things have changed in northrend too, Dragonblight and Dalaran being the big ones. Just because we return to EK/Kalimdor once in a while doesn't mean they should dump resources into keeping the whole place up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Lots of things have changed in northrend too, Dragonblight and Dalaran being the big ones. Just because we return to EK/Kalimdor once in a while doesn't mean they should dump resources into keeping the whole place up to date.
    Hm... Again same problem. Cant you see if they change Northrend for Dalaraan and Dragonblight they should change whole continent for what sake ? People dont go there. But Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms require changing because there are tones of changing there lorewise and when you play game you feel totally out of place and time. Imagine doing Stonetalon mountain quests in new expansion and you see Garrosh kicking off Krom'gar from cliff or See Garrosh's madness when you go in Twilight Highlands. Reading quests you here about Garrosh all the time in Ashenvale and his Kor'kron. Thats absurd.

You walk in Dustwallow Marsh to Theramore you see city standing and citizens living there, Jaina with her blonde hair ruling it. "Where the hell can I find new Alliance Jaina?" you think to yourself. "Oh hell I know. Ill do Mists of Pandaria daily quests to see her in Dalaraan which is situated near Stormwind." Come on !

Or where is Northwatch hold which should have been rebuilt??
    Why are Worgens in Darnassus when his king has moved to Stormwind?

Yeah I dont expect Pandaria to change after because it was dedicated to MOP ONLY !!!! Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms is out home where drums of war thunder.
    If they (Blizzard) continue to not change continents after 2-3 expansion we will feel completely out of place and time (once again).