10+ Year Old Account

Question what is shamanh healing liKe?

is it good for 5-mans?

Our main problem is healing SPREAD targets - if there are multiple spread targets to heal at once, we are the worst healers.

Otherwise we are decent.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahUz24601 View Post
    is it good for 5-mans?
    ES Tank + Riptide + HST

Then DPS with LB and LvB

I hate healers that don't DPS in 5 mans....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Our main problem is healing SPREAD targets - if there are multiple spread targets to heal at once, we are the worst healers.

Otherwise we are decent.

I disagree.

Between our totems, healing rain, and chain healing we have multiple tools.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathcowDan View Post
    I disagree.
    Even with the CH glyph, both CH and HRain fail at healing spread targets.
    One healing totem has a long cooldown while the other only heals 1 target at a time thus not really helping when you need multiple people healed AT ONCE.
    Resto just sucks at healing spread targets...

Quote Originally Posted by DeathcowDan View Post
    I disagree.

In 5 mans there just aren't enough people close together to get a lot out of them most of the time though. Especially with the instinct of ranged players to spread out at all times. A nerf to cluster heals in exchange for a spread one would be welcome IMO.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like trying to beat a fight with an overgrown dinosaur where your RPG gun shoots out wet noodles instead of rockets. Feels like for me at the moment.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

The topic asks 5 mans, and to be honest an Ele Shaman can probably heal 5 mans just fine. There is no problem with any class in 5 mans. Once you get into raids, then the discussion begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoja View Post
    ES Tank + Riptide + HST

Then DPS with LB and LvB

I hate healers that don't DPS in 5 mans....

This... as long as your tank is wearing pants.

HST is a very powerful tool at the moment. Should almost always be a top 3 heal if you are using it right.
    Last edited by kustom; 2013-04-03 at 01:23 AM.

double post
    Last edited by Imoldgreg; 2013-04-04 at 03:46 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by NoahUz24601 View Post
    is it good for 5-mans?
    Just leveled my shaman from 85-90 from healing 5 mans. Its very painless given the amount of tools resto shams have right now. Keep earth shield on the tank and dropping healing rain in the right areas make it pretty much hassle-free. When things start to get more intense drop your healing stream totem and top off the tank with a riptide. Also remember that riptide lowers the casting time on your greater healing wave (do not spam healing surge because the mana cost is too high). When you find yourself in a "shit-has-officially-hit-the-fan moment" drop your healing tide totem and unleash elements on whoever needs healing the most. Remember unleashing your healing weapon buff gives your next direct spell 30% greater healing. So remember to always have earth living enchant up. I hesitate to recommend chain lightning due to its high mana cost and also because it requires that multiple people are taking damage i would opt for healing rain instead.

As a person with 6 healers of all classes and leveling my third shaman again, and as a person that doesn't raid but only does 5-mans, I can tell you the shaman is an awesome choice for healing. It has everything you can wish for and it is by far the coolest healing class. With Earth Shield, Riptide (with the glyph so you have no CD), Chain heal, Tidal Waves (faster next 2 Healing waves + 30% increased crit on Healing surge), Healing rain and Earthliving weapon you simply have a brutal healing arsenal for any battle. Single target? Check. AoE? Multiple checks. The thing people here talked about - spread healing - is practicaly non existant in 5-mans. Boss fights are always in close quarters, and if you have even one mellee that means almost half the group is already stacked close. I healed with a paladin, druid, priest (both specs) and a monk and shaman is the best for 5-mans by far.

The best thing I saved for last: the relax factor. As a shaman healer you can relax much more than with others as you have plenty of passive or fire-and-forget heals. Earth shield heals the tank at least for one group (don't need to recast it in fight, except boss fights). Riptide is a HoT off CD. Healing rain heals everyone in range for a nice while. Chain heal... oh the sweet fire-and-forget Chain heal. If you need to cast on the run - you have a CD for that as well. Earthliving heals by itself. Ancestral Awakening heals by itself as well. It's just so relaxing and fun and awesome.

Shaman healer is fine for 5man. I have resto's at different brackets just so I can go back an heal older dungeons again (if only I could still use lfd for tbc and wotlk heroics ; .

It's just earth shield, riptide and healing waves for the most part. Put down healing tide totem on cd. It's a breeze.