Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Onyxia Mount Question

Does the Onyxian Drake have the same chance of dropping in 10man as it does in 25? If it does, is it possible to solo at 90 as an Ele shaman?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and yes.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it drops in 10man, u can easy nuke her down, even before u get big add in phase 2
    BL/CD/trinkets at pull, she is dead in like 40sec orso
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    According to wowhead in 10man it is 0.5% and in 25 it is 0.3%.

You should have no trouble soloing it on 10man.

Yes, and yes (depending on gear). I've only found difficulty in soloing her with a mage (too many adds) and a spriest (not enough mobility). I'm not a uber-player though.

I have seen more Onyxian drakes floating around in the past month than ever before on my server.. Before that, there was only one on the server that anyone knew about.

not sure about the actual drop rate, but i know i got mine in 10. Solo'd it as a BrM Monk. I would think any class that has heals should have an easy time soloing Ony, but i would recommend slowing down at the beginning of phase 2 to take care of all the whelps. 50 little adds wailing on you during the fear at the beginning of phase 3 is likely to kill a caster. But then, i've never played a shaman past level 30, so maybe elementals would clean that up in no time.

I got mine in 10-man. Soloing her as a protection warrior is totally possible, it just takes a lot longer thanks to Phase 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    not sure about the actual drop rate, but i know i got mine in 10. Solo'd it as a BrM Monk. I would think any class that has heals should have an easy time soloing Ony, but i would recommend slowing down at the beginning of phase 2 to take care of all the whelps. 50 little adds wailing on you during the fear at the beginning of phase 3 is likely to kill a caster. But then, i've never played a shaman past level 30, so maybe elementals would clean that up in no time.
    Just to pop Fire elemental in P2 and he will take care of the whelps in a couple of seconds :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Yes, and yes.
    about all that needs to be said really.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Lol, those were some quick answers. Thanks everyone!

Deleted
    I already soloed her at 85 (as ele, yes). But thanks for reminding me, I totally forgot about my favorite mount of all time... gotta go back to farm her...

35 kills and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish that mount actually existed. I'm getting so irritated with my bad RNG luck. I watched four of my friends pick up one last week, and laugh at me and my 6 alts I have leveled to farm her not get one. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    According to wowhead in 10man it is 0.5% and in 25 it is 0.3%.

Wowhead's drop rates are completely wrong. They're based on reported drops. That rating being accurate relies on the notion that every raid that has ever done Ony reported the mount having dropped, or not dropped, and that no two people from a single kill made a report. Its actually quite foolish to even consider them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JKim View Post
    Does the Onyxian Drake have the same chance of dropping in 10man as it does in 25? If it does, is it possible to solo at 90 as an Ele shaman?
    Droprate is probably one of the lowest of old-raid mounts so good luck.

I got it a month back after 7 kills :s

Easily can be done on your 90 Shammy & like others have said it's the same drop chance in 10/25.

I solo this weekly on my Elemental Shaman. Just lust/hero pop ascendance and burn her down, then just pop your earth elemental for the whelps and continue to burn her. She shouldn't even get an air phase. Good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    but i would recommend slowing down at the beginning of phase 2 to take care of all the whelps. 50 little adds wailing on you during the fear at the beginning of phase 3 is likely to kill a caster. But then, i've never played a shaman past level 30, so maybe elementals would clean that up in no time.
    I'd actually suggest speeding up as soon as she starts flying for any ranged class. I tried killing the whelps on my mage, elemental, boomkin, etc. and it all boiled down to "Wtf am I doing? Onyxia is about to die already."
    Just pop some cc. Capacitator, earthgrab, thunderstorm, ring of frost, typhoon, vortex, frost nova, slowing trap, etc. I think speed enchant on boots is enough to outrun them already.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Droprate is probably one of the lowest of old-raid mounts so good luck.

I got it a month back after 7 kills :s
    I believe the fiery horse from Kara can compete with it haha I'm at 90+ Onyxia kills meaning 90 weeks of that boss -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    I wish that mount actually existed. I'm getting so irritated with my bad RNG luck. I watched four of my friends pick up one last week, and laugh at me and my 6 alts I have leveled to farm her not get one. :<
    Was buffed in 5.1, large influx of them on almost every server, Wowdb has it listed as a 1.6% drop chance ever since 5.1 went live. And, there's been over double the amount of drops there was previously in 3 years in just a few weeks. That's not lucky RnG, that's a change in drop chance.

I am a bit annoyed it doesn't have a Feat of Strength but it's a cool mount