Deleted

[resto druid] from not to hot

goodday my exalted champions!

So my guild has been trying out this new resto druid and i've been tasked with giving him so advice because we think he is not performing as well as he should. we raid with a MW monk ( me ) and a resto shaman.

in general i've been noticing that he's way below the resto shaman. His gear is a lower itm lvl 491 ish and mine would be around 505 but it's a massive difference.

His armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Lillithe/
    ( site was down for me but it might work for you guys )
    and our logs
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7mnf2kwfgt2gmhq2/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s8ib9w1j428n3dkr/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8o54vjfzd2nbuash/

i used to play resto druid until MoP was released and when i look at the guides it hasn't changed that much.

Somethings i've noticed
    LB uptime is low
    too much regrowth
    gear not reforged towards mastery ( i do wonder what haste breakpoint should he got for)

if you guys notice anything please let me know, you've always proven to be a great help!

sincerely the League of Healers

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Resto druids are still pretty bad this tier. I mean, shamans are kind of low as well but at least they bring awesome utility with their totems where as resto druids have very little utility and zero dps. Their niche is topping overheals though, so there's that LOL.

I would save myself the trouble and find a holy paladin, disc priest, or hell, even a holy priest. You'll make things much easier on yourselves.

But yeah, LB should almost always be up with regrowth used on free procs.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-04-03 at 09:44 PM.

Resto druids can easily keep up with similarly geared healers if they know what they're doing.

At his gear level and with his choice to use Incarnation over Soul of the Forest (which is fine for 10 man) his haste should be at 3043. He should be reforging from Haste to either Mastery or Spirit until he's at that cap.

His Harmony uptime looks good from those logs, you should aim to keep it above 95%. His Harmony uptime is so good because he uses Regrowth so much, which is not recommended.

With the change to Nature's Vigil's cooldown, he should pretty much be using it on cooldown. In the logs you linked, he's using it 3 times on ~8 minute fights, which is not a good enough uptime. I would lean towards Heart of the Wild for the passive Int bonus because at least that way he can't forget to use it and miss out on the extra healing.

He's using a lot of Regrowth without the glyph, I would highly recommend that he pick up the Regrowth glyph so that he doesn't feel the need to use Regrowth to hot the entire raid up like he's doing. Looking at the Megaera log for instance, he had 13 Clearcasting procs and 28 Regrowth casts, those numbers should be pretty close to the same or he's just burning mana.

He needs to keep Lifebloom up more, it's at a terrible 50% uptime on some of those logs... That, in combination with how many Regrowths he casts, will make him oom very quickly. Lifebloom uptime should be AT LEAST above 80%, aim for 100%.

I'm going to assume that he rarely uses his Wild Charge talent, I would recommend picking up either of the other two (go with the 15% speed increase if he's bad at remembering to hit buttons).

He almost never uses Ironbark, he should get more use out of that on every fight. Same with Barkskin.

He should be using Swiftmend on CD, even without Soul of the Forest it's a huge heal and the ground hot is nice for healing melee or healing the ranged while grouped up on fights like Megaera. Even using it on the tank is a big heal and the hot it places on the ground can help the tank out.

Deleted
    thx for the feedback. if anyone can add something that would be great

Did anyone actually look at this guys armory?

First off I can tell you his biggest problem right off the bat. He didn't glyph regrowth. If he glyphs his regrowth its a garunteed crit. It takes off the hot portion but thats just more overhealing. If you use regrowth and you should it should be glyphed

I haven't gone through the logs since I see some others already have but you said his LB was low uptime. Tell him to glyph that too. Saves you 3 gcds every tank swap.
    the 3 majors you should have are LB, Regrowth and Wildgrowth. If he is low on the meters there is no reason he should have glyph of innervate or even glyph of rebirth.

Last of all from raiding with him is he mana efficient or just does'nt know how to play effectively? There are a lot of tips and tricks to correct either of those problems.

Deleted
    I did not red the posts above, but in case it was not said - the guy really needs give it few minutes and read thru few intro guides to rdruid healing. I would start with noxxic, proceed here and to EJ webs. There are many good blogs out there, just google them (restokin....)

Correct glyphs for almost every fight are WG, Regrowth and LB. He need to stick to 3043 haste cap to get another tick on Tranquility, WG, reju and LB. If you are utilizing stats correctly you are aiming to get haste cap and as much mastery as possible while keeping yourself enough spirit. With sufficient amount of spell power will be gemming mastery better than intellect (exact math on this forum) so int/mastery > 160int.

If youre running 10 mans with 3 healers, his tactics should be as follows : Keep LB on active tank, switch whenever tanks switch. Swiftmend on cooldown, make sure the healing circle will hit as many players as possible. Usually you will cast it on tank or melee.

Try not to use TH or Regrowth, just in case you have Clearcasting proc you will (mostly) wanna use glypthed regro or if you have NS up you want to combine it with HT. Hardcast only you case you know you have to (other healers cant) Never ever use Nourish, if you need to refresh mastery you have SM, if you want to refresh LB's use LB, if you have nothing to heal do damage. Place muschrooms intelligently, if raid is spread whole fight put them on tanks. Covering raid with Rejuvenation is going to be best strategy for rdruid again, you just need to know when to do that. (if you will have enough mana for remaining time of fight, if it will not end as an overheal)

Incarnation is an awesome talent but quite difficult to use to its full potential. To do that you wanna cover whole raid with LB's and let them bloom right after huge raid damage (interrupt spell which Animus does first came on my mind) But it can be used for mana neutral healing or burst healing (regro spam) if something goes wrong too. But for many t15 fights is SOTF very good choice, just make sure you pair SM with WG or Tranquility.

I would go with HOTW in last tier, firstly you dont have another tool to care about and secondly its better. When popped I am pulling like 120k dps during hero for whole 45 seconds and 6% int (and stamina) is not bad. Technically NV is better on timed damage like Magaera and HOTW on rest but I wouldnt go with NV when youre 3healing, its just more overhealing.

Get Feline Swiftness to move out of fire faster. Wild Charge is bad for rdruid raiding.

Resto is not great but really not in bad shape atm, the only real problem is lack of damage to heal with all those absorb based healers out. But in your composition should be lack of damage shamans problem.

Deleted
    Many good advises said already. Would repeat - haste is too much, reforge into mastery. In logs his harmony is ok, so why not take whole benefit from it? It will increase his heal output as minimum 9%.
    Glyphs - regrowth and lifebloom strongly recommended over innervate and rebirth.
    On use CD - maybe not the smartest way, but how I do it as need to get more attention on fight rather using cd - talking about on use trinkets and spells like Natures swiftness - make them in one macro with long cast heal spells like RG or HT - and take it in mind, that it will inc some output or give mana/whatever.
    He miss also enchant on belt, some green quality gems.

Deleted
    Just from quick armory look:

5001 haste at that gear level is a lot of wasted haste. Haste to 3043 is the way to go.

As others have said:

- Missing belt buckle
    - Move away from haste on gems
    - Jade Magistrate Figurine trinket is mainly for caster dps
    - Glyphs of Regrowth and Lifebloom to replace Innervate and Rebirth
    - Glyph of Grace can be handy to avoid fall damage - minor detail
    - Any haste over 3043 is wasted...!
    - Get more T14 pieces (luck permitting)

If they can get T14 4 piece, go for SoTF talent + SM + WG synergy.

My gear level is similar yet I do much more healing and I raid with a disc priest...

Edit: Go to mr robot or get reforge lite to get help with getting near the 3043 haste cap
    Last edited by mmoc64fa8c7857; 2013-04-04 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Looks like they have a fair bit of new gear but still not much idea what to do with it.

Beyond what's already been said, what gaps do you have in your healing make up that you need to 3 heal? If it's burst you are short of then an amount of overheal is inevitable, though all figures seem a little high, but possibly a byproduct of your MW.

Unfortunately they seem stuck with a Wrath resto mentality, do they understand triage? If they stopped spamming regrowth and got another regen trinket, around 7k spirit is enough for 10 man normal. SOTF is fantastic unless TOL lines up for a particular CD rotation, it's absolutely my default even without t14 4pce. For burst, a placed SM boosted WG + triaged RJ spam will lift everyone out of danger in a few globals.

As far as how resto is spec wise at the moment, many of their burst figures should be an attainable overall figures for fights of 6-7 mins(70-80k hps) at 490-495 (5.1 lfr or normal weapon)

Shrooms are still broken, more by current fight mechanics than other factors, but these should be placed thoughtfully using any free globals they come across. They are just such a cheap way of fitting in extra healing using what are essentially deferred globals, at a time when resto's are otherwise locked. Personally, I could cope with a little more cost and more shroom mobility or range increase.

As far as being outdone by Pala's and Disco's, shrooms are the weakness, whereas shields are range indifferent shrooms are not. Other than that we are competitive now, perhaps naysayers just play with resto's which suck? My last two co-healers have been disc and stationary burst we are quite equal, sustained heavy damage we are quite equal, but for movement burst their shields have the edge.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantworm View Post
    As far as being outdone by Pala's and Disco's, shrooms are the weakness, whereas shields are range indifferent shrooms are not. Other than that we are competitive now, perhaps naysayers just play with resto's which suck? My last two co-healers have been disc and stationary burst we are quite equal, sustained heavy damage we are quite equal, but for movement burst their shields have the edge.
    Given your last sentence: If you're equal with the disc in two categories, but lack in the last category...how is that "competitive"? The resto is clearly less desierable.

I can't help but notice a lot of people saying Feline Swiftness in the first tier talents, and I can't help but wonder why. I feel like Displacer Beast is the best talent by far in that tier. Granted, I'm not the best RDruid ever, and I haven't killed everything in ToT yet, but it seems incredibly helpful in almost every fight. Especially now that it has a sprint attached that stays active even after leaving cat form.

If there's something on the ground to avoid you can jump out of it. On a fight like Jin'Rohk you can kite the Focused Lightning away and then jump right back into the fight, instead of having to run back in. On Council of Elders if you get rooted you can jump out and break the root. You'll never stand in fire for more than a split second on any fight since you can just Displacer out of it immediately.

I've tried using Feline Swiftness and I just feel like 15% movespeed is negligible. I'd love to hear why so many people use it, when Displacer Beast seems more useful in every situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Given your last sentence: If you're equal with the disc in two categories, but lack in the last category...how is that "competitive"? The resto is clearly less desierable.
    Unless you raiding HM progression this is irrelevant, 2 or 3 skilled healers of any class can heal normals. Do you blow as Resto Arcanist?

Saying that DP is the most broken proc mechanic in the game for progression, 5 or 6 consecutive procs and resultant LOD's are thoroughly OP.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantworm View Post
    Unless you raiding HM progression this is irrelevant, 2 or 3 skilled healers of any class can heal normals. Do you blow as Resto Arcanist?

Saying that DP is the most broken proc mechanic in the game for progression, 5 or 6 consecutive procs and resultant LOD's are thoroughly OP.
    In your world, is it possible for someone to be good at resto while at the same time, be able to articulate its mediocrity? Or is everyone who has anything negative to say just a "baddie"?

This matters in more than just heroic raids. People want to clear content, and if holy paladins and disc priests make it easier (ever heal with both? It makes the content MUCH easier!) then they will go out of their way to get those classes. And say I wanted to try heroic raids? I guess I'm just out of luck as a resto druid because I picked the wrong class. Fair?

Enough off-topic class bashing
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-05 at 01:32 AM.

Resto druids just look bad when you 3 heal because that's too much healing to bring to a fight. Heroic progression is pretty much 2 healed. I two heal almost every fight (all but Ji Kun) with an amazing holy pally. We both rank top 100 on most fights. Differences in our throughput is very very minor. I am even or a little bit ahead of him on almost every fight. I know this is anecdotal but I will say it again, he is a *very* good holy pally. The only problem with resto is if people are all full bared most of the time, priests and pallys pull ahead, not because the class is better but because the shields steal heals. To be frank, if people are mostly full bared, you have too many healers. As long as people are mostly below at least 80-90% most of the time, resto has some amazing output. Resto has slower ramp up and takes longer for heals to run their course but has very very good ramped up total output. I believe resto druid is one of the easiest classes to one heal fights on once you have enough regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please let us bring this back on track. Help the OP if you're able by looking over the logs and offering suggestions. No more "resto is bad mmmkay" derailing. Thank you!