Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    The problem is that LFR is supposed to be a catch up mechanic to allow people to get into the current raids. You can't have a catch-up mechanic with a weekly lockout that doesn't drop gear. It's really not fair when you took away a reliable, repeatable, quicker means of getting gear. You didn't have to spend months running your 25 man raid to get gear to let you walk into the current raid. No one is asking for real raiding drops to be changed.

But LFR isn't real raiding, it's an oversized heroic dungeon. Nothing more. And to those pointing towards the increased drop rates, my buddy as done Totes 3 times a week since Thanksgiving and hasn't gotten a weapon yet. RNG is RNG and RNG cannot play such a gigantic role in a supposed catch-up mechanic. It's not progression it's meant to be catch-up and like a "World of Tomorrow" tour for raiding.

Otherwise, give us back catch-up dungeons and let LFR be it's own thing. what it was supposed to be. Raiding for non-raiders.

But they won't, because they want to push the feature and the only way to do that is to force as much participation as possible.

I don't get this new mentality of rolling over and taking it anytime a company makes a bad decision. Any times a company makes things worse for it's customers. Of people who don't want to fight. That's why these corporations and companies grow and grow and only seem to get shittier and shittier. Because we never stand up to them
    No it isn't. Regular raiders are supposed to be jumping into regular raids, not using LFR as a spring-board. They can, but they're not supposed to. You'd probably gear up faster having your guild clear the previous raids than using LFR. LFR 5.0 raids are supposed to spring you into 5.2 raids with a significantly increased drop chance for gear. Even regular/heroic raiding doesn't guarantee you loot every week.

People are complaining, and rightly so, about some aspects of loot and Blizzard is listening. In 5.3, each time you get a failbag your chance of getting a piece of loot increases until eventually you're guaranteed something (if something doesn't drop before then).

10+ Year Old Account
    The drop rate is fine, if anything it should be a tad lower.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:34 PM ----------

The problem is that LFR is supposed to be a catch up mechanic to allow people to get into the current raids. You can't have a catch-up mechanic with a weekly lockout that doesn't drop gear. It's really not fair when you took away a reliable, repeatable, quicker means of getting gear. You didn't have to spend months running your 25 man raid to get gear to let you walk into the current raid. No one is asking for real raiding drops to be changed.

But LFR isn't real raiding, it's an oversized heroic dungeon. Nothing more. And to those pointing towards the increased drop rates, my buddy as done Totes 3 times a week since Thanksgiving and hasn't gotten a weapon yet. RNG is RNG and RNG cannot play such a gigantic role in a supposed catch-up mechanic. It's not progression it's meant to be catch-up and like a "World of Tomorrow" tour for raiding.

Otherwise, give us back catch-up dungeons and let LFR be it's own thing. what it was supposed to be. Raiding for non-raiders.

But they won't, because they want to push the feature and the only way to do that is to force as much participation as possible.

I don't get this new mentality of rolling over and taking it anytime a company makes a bad decision. Any times a company makes things worse for it's customers. Of people who don't want to fight. That's why these corporations and companies grow and grow and only seem to get shittier and shittier. Because we never stand up to them
    Wrong. The purpose of LFR is too allow people who can't commit to a raid team the chance to see content. I don't know where this rumor got started, but it is false, so stop thinking that. Blizzard has already clarified this.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Welcome to WoW, rng is a bitch.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Another LFR raider complaining about pixels, how novel.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:05 AM ----------

They would OBVIOUSLY do it to "experience the content" since its LFR's main goal, right?

I certainly do it for seeing content.

And when I don't get loot from said content I never want to do it again. And there's no reason to keep playing (for pve).

The current loot system for LFR is practically the same thing as diablo 3. And we all know that loot system sucks ass. There's literally nothing but you against rng. The best way loot EVER worked in pugs was in wotlk where there was a raid leader responsible for distributing loot. Appointing a raid leader in lfr would go a long way imo. There could be many ways to appoint one such as picking them based on their raid experience.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    The drop rate is fine, if anything it should be a tad lower.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:34 PM ----------

Wrong. The purpose of LFR is too allow people who can't commit to a raid team the chance to see content. I don't know where this rumor got started, but it is false, so stop thinking that. Blizzard has already clarified this.
    This is not a rumor. Blizzard has flat out said this. The blue post seems to be buried pretty dang deep but it goes something like "we want people to see more content but lfr should also work to help new players/players who want to raid prepared for the mechanics and gearing required for normal mode and eventually hm raiding".
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-04-04 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No it isn't. Regular raiders are supposed to be jumping into regular raids, not using LFR as a spring-board. They can, but they're not supposed to. You'd probably gear up faster having your guild clear the previous raids than using LFR. LFR 5.0 raids are supposed to spring you into 5.2 raids with a significantly increased drop chance for gear. Even regular/heroic raiding doesn't guarantee you loot every week.

People are complaining, and rightly so, about some aspects of loot and Blizzard is listening. In 5.3, each time you get a failbag your chance of getting a piece of loot increases until eventually you're guaranteed something (if something doesn't drop before then).
    You can't walk into ToT with 463 gear. You won't be able to walk into SoO with 463 gear. Where else do you propose people get gear from.

And also, it's not a rumor. There are blue posts. LFR is replacing 5-man dungeons as a catch-up mechanic.

The idea that new player and new guilds are interested or going to form and then jump into old content is a pipe dream, a fantasy. Not many new players want to hit 90 and then go do the old shit. If I had hit 80 when I joined in WotLK and had no avenue to get into the raids the rest of the playerbase was doing was go do old shit for months? I woulda quit and everyone I joined with woulda quit. Being able to quickly gear up and get into guilds doing the newest content was what enabled me to play wow and enjoy myself for as many years as I have.
    Last edited by Mordredofmia; 2013-04-04 at 05:47 PM.

Refer to my comment. Since thanks giving, TotES every week, 3 coins a week. No weapons.

Also point out to me the other catch-up mechanics? Because all I see is gear gated behind either daily quest reputations, or the current raid reputations that you still need old LFR gear to qualify for.

Besides, you are already wrong. Blizzard already knows the LFR drop rates are unacceptable. Hence the continued improvements to them via the increase in lesser and elder coin availability and bonus-roll bad-luck prevention.

But they still have work to do
    TotES drop rate doubled when 5.2 launched and you should be using an elder coin on every single boss in 5.0 LFR every week now.

Sha/Galleon drop great catch up gear and are easy to find groups for.

You get an easy ilvl 522 neck which requires no rep grinding at all. You get access to multiple other ilvl 522 items for Friendly rep. Friendly Shado-Pan Assault rep is really easy to get.

Catching up to ilvl 480+ is not hard these days and much much easier than it was to get ilvl 470 for ToES LFR back in 5.0.

i cleared all lfr wings every reset i got tier legs x 1 i could diss and then i have gotten 8 legendary quest items

im quite happy with that

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    No, I am afraid that you are wrong. In the absence of any new 5-man dungeons with improved loot the only catch-up mechanism for new players or alts is to use LFR (and I am not encompassing regular raiders with this comment, because they of course have the option to run the older raids with their guilds). People like me in fact, who do not run regular raids with their guilds. LFR is my end game, so if I want to run SoO LFR in T16 on an alt, then I have to go through the whole gamut of wings and then get an appropriate ilvl to enter the next tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't walk into ToT with 463 gear. You won't be able to walk into SoO with 463 gear. Where else do you propose people get gear from.
    Doesn't normal ToT drop 522 gear? Can't you use that 522 gear to enter SoO?

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    TotES drop rate doubled when 5.2 launched and you should be using an elder coin on every single boss in 5.0 LFR every week now.

Sha/Galleon drop great catch up gear and are easy to find groups for.

You get an easy ilvl 522 neck which requires no rep grinding at all. You get access to multiple other ilvl 522 items for Friendly rep. Friendly Shado-Pan Assault rep is really easy to get.

Catching up to ilvl 480+ is not hard these days and much much easier than it was to get ilvl 470 for TotES LFR back in 5.0.
    Do you have a reading deficiency? Like I said. since thanks giving my friend has gone for a weapon in ToETS, He used 3 coins a week every week. He still has gotten nothing but belts to disenchant.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 01:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Doesn't normal ToT drop 522 gear? Can't you use that 522 gear to enter SoO?
    What if you joined the game after SoO started? What if you are switching mains?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Catching up to ilvl 480+ is not hard these days and much much easier than it was to get ilvl 470 for ToES LFR back in 5.0.
    This is not meant to sound snarky, and is an honest question, because maybe I'm overlooking something amazingly obvious:

How do you "easily" get to friendly with SPA if you don't even have the 480 iLvL to get into the 5.2 LFR? (If you can get in there, then yeah, friendly is obtained by the time you hit the 3rd boss.)

Again, if the 5.0 LFR is supposed to be the "5-man heroic catchup replacement", then they should just simply remove the weekly lockout for the 5.0 LFR. (Same with the 5.2 LFR when 5.4 is out)

You can chain run 5-mans with LFD, so treat the older LFR's the same.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-04-04 at 05:58 PM.

Also, your mileage WILL vary with catching up in LFR. My rogue was ilvl 481 4 days after hitting 90. My friends priest is still at 470 for a month. My other buddy's hunter did it in two days. My brother's monk has been doing LFR every week since Thanksgiving as well and he is only just hitting 480. Two of my friends have characters that still haven't received a single drop in TotES

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're not entitled to drops. I don't get this mentality lately. When I was still a 25 man raider I could go weeks without seeing an upgrade depending on drops and who needed it more/won the roll. Weeks. I remember in T11 how long it took to get my 2H mace from Magmaw.

The drops are fine. It takes a while to gear up through raiding; it always has. What incentive would you have to continuing to run LFR, getting your VP/gold if you got everything you needed the first day?

Agreed. If you guys don't like not getting loot then go join a guild and stop being lazy with raiding. Expect 0 gear when running LFR, expect that everyone else will get gear. Afterall... LFR was made for players to "SEE CONTENT" and not spam it for easy gear, right?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Agreed. If you guys don't like not getting loot then go join a guild and stop being lazy with raiding. Expect 0 gear when running LFR, expect that everyone else will get gear. Afterall... LFR was made for players to "SEE CONTENT" and not spam it for easy gear, right?
    Older LFR's are the catchup mechanism to replace "new 5-mans with infalted iLvL drops".

So... no, that isn't correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    No, LFR is now the intended catch up mechanic to allow plays who join the game late or alts to be able to enter the current content because there is no gear powerful enough from dungeons or that isn't locked behind a reputation gate.

And Blizzard knows, which is why it is still being improved. And I am happy with the strides they are taking to correct this. After being very disappointed with all the news regarding alts, catching up, dailies, reps, and dungeons, it has renewed my faith that they are capable of understanding what makes this game enjoyable to play

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    How do you "easily" get to friendly with SPA if you don't even have the 480 iLvL to get into the 5.2 LFR? (If you can get in there, then yeah, friendly is obtained by the time you hit the 3rd boss.)
    Well, I consider running 1 single 3-boss set of LFR pretty darn easy. You can also just do a trash run and then turn in one of the quests on the island that give Shado-Pan Assault rep. Plenty of people on my server were doing this to reach Friendly before LFR even opened. Might be hard to find a group for ToT trash runs these days because it's so trivial to just run LFR once to get the rep that nobody does this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I really wish these threads would stop.

It's like these people never ran a normal or heroic raid before where in some cases you had even less of a chance to get loot for actually putting effort into the game.
    I believe that actually is the whole problem. They weren't allowed to raid due to attitude problems which is exhibited by starting (or agreeing with) this thread.

Well, I consider running 1 single 3-boss set of LFR pretty darn easy. You can also just do a trash run and then turn in one of the quests on the island that give Shado-Pan Assault rep. Plenty of people on my server were doing this to reach Friendly before LFR even opened. Might be hard to find a group for ToT trash runs these days because it's so trivial to just run LFR once to get the rep that nobody does this anymore.
    You ignored him again. If you don't have the ilvl to get into ToT because LFR drop rates have screwed me, how do you get the rep.

Let me save you the trouble coming up with an answer.

"You can't"

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    No, I am afraid that you are wrong. In the absence of any new 5-man dungeons with improved loot the only catch-up mechanism for new players or alts is to use LFR (and I am not encompassing regular raiders with this comment, because they of course have the option to run the older raids with their guilds). People like me in fact, who do not run regular raids with their guilds. LFR is my end game, so if I want to run SoO LFR in T16 on an alt, then I have to go through the whole gamut of wings and then get an appropriate ilvl to enter the next tier.
    I'm glad you brought this up. It truly doesn't matter whether it's meant to be used as a catch up mechanic at all, because it's core users were suppose to be those who are unable to raid on a set schedule but want to see the content.

Not only do we need the ilvls to see the next tier (attainable through valor too) but more importantly we want the tier gear/sha touched weapons/trinkets too. That is the content of a MMO after all, improving your character's power as you progress through the story.

Rng is rng, but in terms of LFR I feel it is much harder to reach those milestones in gear. Luckily the new algorithm to bonus rolls should fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrtnap View Post
    I believe that actually is the whole problem. They weren't allowed to raid due to attitude problems which is exhibited by starting (or agreeing with) this thread.
    No, I raided regularly in Wrath and Cata. I never once complained about my drop rates. I did ICC 25 every week since it opened and never received Deathrbinger's Will and I never cried or whined about it or demanded better drop rates. I had a blast killing those bosses and progressing through the Citadel was a reward unto itself. LFR however is not a rewarding experience in its own right, it is trying, it is boring, it is unpleasant. The gear is the only reward it offers. If LFR were a fun enjoyable interesting challenging part of the game instead of something I could go AFK in or die to a random mechanic in and have my lack of contribution actually matter, then I would be more accepting of the poor loot system. But it is not those things. It is some of the worst and least enjoyable instanced content I have played in WoW

But when Blizz intends for LFR to replace catch-up dungeons, and LFR fails to deliver me gear to get the current content, then yes. I will absolutely not be happy and I will absolutely find that unacceptable. Not because I am lazy, not because I want free loot, but because they took a system that facilitated and enabled my participation in the wow raiding community and allowed me to discover that I love raiding and replaced it with an objectively inferior and more time consuming system.
    Last edited by Mordredofmia; 2013-04-04 at 06:08 PM.