Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Hey fellows!
    So, Im sick of RF.
    502 items are good if u see my gear (im 496 atm) and Im TRYING to farm some 502 LFR gear...
    BUT, since it avaible, i've been killing all bosses and I got 2 items so far...
    Actually it was 3, but one was repeated and I desenchanted it...
    So, when will it work??
    If I dont farm tokens of bonus roll I will drop 2 items every month??
    Thanks blizz, to piss me off every week!
    Be glad that you get a chance of free epic loot every week without effort at all. If you want actual raiding gear upgrades, find a guild and work for it. If you don't have the time or patience for that, suck it up and deal with LFR. The drop rates really doesn't need to be any higher than they currently are, you don't really even need this gear for anything other than feeling a bit stronger unless you're planning on progressing further into normal/heroic mode.

LFR was primarily meant for you to be able to experience the content, which you are fully able to do. The gear is a bonus, be glad if you receive any at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get quite a lot of loot in LFR on my alt

Loot is random, you are not guaranteed it, the sooner people realise this the better. You're lucky to see this content in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're not entitled to drops. I don't get this mentality lately. When I was still a 25 man raider I could go weeks without seeing an upgrade depending on drops and who needed it more/won the roll. Weeks. I remember in T11 how long it took to get my 2H mace from Magmaw.

The drops are fine. It takes a while to gear up through raiding; it always has. What incentive would you have to continuing to run LFR, getting your VP/gold if you got everything you needed the first day?
    I don't think anyone has a problem with it taking time to gear however when it is possible to go several weeks without seeing a single drop coupled with slow pace you are able to unlock gear from vendors due the incredibly slow rep gain for the Shado Pan Assault then it is a problem. Personally I went over five weeks of running five LFRs each week without seeing a single drop prior to 5.2 and even with increased drop rates with over 20 rolls on the old bosses I have seen two drops, one useful and other became a Sha Crystal. I still have alt that cannot enter the second raid of LFR as it has not got enough drops from the first two parts to fulfil the item level requirement. I am not prepared to spend weeks running obsolete content to then run some more obsolete content before having to endure another outdated raid before I can finally run the current tier.

It is interesting you ask what incentive people would have to run to LFR without loot in my case after the first time, none. It is too long and not interesting enough for repeated runs and quite frankly some of the people you encounter in LFR are rather unpleasant, I have my own child and when I play WOW I do not want to put up with someone else's throwing a tantrum, insulting and swearing at people.

I think that limiting the way people can upgrade their gear to only LFR is a big mistake that is going to end up costing Blizzard yet more subs. Had they allowed people to gain rep with the Shado Pan Assault through sources other than LFR, albeit at a slower pace, so players were able to purchase upgrades without being forced into LFR I don't think we'd be seeing half the complaints we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think that limiting the way people can upgrade their gear to only LFR is a big mistake that is going to end up costing Blizzard yet more subs. Had they allowed people to gain rep with the Shado Pan Assault through sources other than LFR, albeit at a slower pace, so players were able to purchase upgrades without being forced into LFR I don't think we'd be seeing half the complaints we are now.
    This has nailed my opinion of the whole LFR / gearing thing right now...

I raided at the start of the expansion for about 8 weeks, then took a break - my first real break since BC, until 2 weeks ago, when I came back fresh to try and find a new raid guild with an old alt I decided to reroll to.

However... I have found gearing up to the level required to do anything "interesting" or fruitful gear-wise a complete headache.

Run Hcs - did that, as dull as it is for a LOT of runs - had to buy some gear on AH to even start them, didn't luck out on drops, turned to AH and pvp of all things to get enough ilvl to enter LFR - probably dropped about 10K on gear so far ilvl bumping (something which some players don't have the luxury of).

Got into 1st stage of LFR - after going to the new isle to get a key, to run the solo instance for the charms. Did the first two parts of LFR with the lowest ilvl req - got 2 peices of gear. Not enough ilvl to do next stage, and can't get any upgrades (except shoulders) at this point from hcs now. Back to pvp / AH then... get some more ilvl later in the week, through methods that have nothing to do with pve (because at this point I'm literally cockblocked through LFR reset timer and ilvl requirements)

Go second stages of LFR with the ilvl I now had, get a bit more gear, but not enough to do newest (this tiers) LFR still. Now truly stumped, only gear buyable now to bump ilvl comes from rep factions that would take weeks to grind, and valor that would take weeks to grind (and still requires rep). Wait for reset.

LFR resets, go back to Isle of thunder, get key, enter 1 man instance, get tokens. Go back to LFR, do all parts except new and cross fingers and toes for good drops. This week due to good luck this week the many, many hours of work I put in over easter, and a considerable gold investment I have scraped up enough ilvl to get into the "new" LFR.

Normally I would not have been able to do this so "fast" due to having a job and shit to do that means I can't literally sit glued to my pc grinding for days. It happened to be easter, or I might have quit out of boredom tbh, because it would have taken much longer at smaller amounts per day.

So my point here is that - any returning players have to now rely on luck in LFR for drops, and if they don't get lucky, they are shut out for the week, as hcs only drop blues which are worthless for content being done now. There is no way to use justice points to improve your gear, and valor takes (weeks) time and rep to be useful / useable for upgrades. You can pvp for gear, but lets face it, thats not really ideal that I have to farm bgs for epics because there is no way to do the same farming in pve outside LFR and world bosses (bad drop rates).

You can't get a pug without achieves and an ilvl that is not attainable without throwing money at AH or praying to the RNG gods. You can try and make your own pug, but most players seem to find anyone that needs more than 1 ilvl upgrade from a raid uninteresting to party with Same goes with guilds really, everyone is doing content that you need a high ilvl to participate in, and the few guilds running last tier, I would feel like an ass to join, use them for gear and quit.

Basically I miss being able to reliably farm out last tiers gear through heroics, at least to a point. Being shut out for a week from doing any form of gear upgrades because of lack of ilvl / luck is insanely annoying, and but for the fact I pushed myself into BGs and had a stockpile of money and researched extensively how to squeeze out the most gear from all sources, I would be screwed again for another reset.

Basically, for anyone who has taken a break it sucks. I have played for years, often at a medium / high level of play and not being able to get back into the action in a timely fashion is insanely offputting, I still face quite a bit of work to get into a guild of decent standing, and I'm going to have to suck that up for a while longer.

It's not "entitlement" to want a sensible non-RNG way to return to raiding. We had it in the past 2 expansions with JP which are now worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Although I agree with the sentiment that these threads are pointless, I do really get a braincramp from people saying: but LFR is to see content... aren't you happy with that??

WoW and other MMO's are based on improving ones character. Loot is a way to improve ones character. It is incredibly frustrating if you play for months on end without seeing anything drop that you can use. Strange thing is that when I did raid 25 mans, I would not bitch about loot either. It was part of the game and I was happy to see others in my guild get stuff before myself.

But LFR is a "game" purely for yourself. You are not there to "gear up the raid". And after seeing "the content" one or two times, you have seen the content. So what is left? Oh .... golly gee... it must be .... /drums ..... LOOT?!?

And yes while in LFR, loot is what people care (usually - I say this cause I can already hear some people typing like mad to say they do not do LFR for loot) most about in LFR, to improve oneself. Is that really so suprising.

Again, I don't understand the bitching that much. Well I can understand one feels let down by the god of RNG, but to come here to bitch about it, goes too far imo and will result in nothing.
    This. /\

I've done LFR Terrace for months now, with no gun drop. I got lucky enough to get the LFR bow though. Still working on getting one of the new weapons from the ToT LFR sections.

I used to play a Druid during Vanilla and BC, and I didn't get sh*t because I was a Moonkin! If Spirit Leather/Spirit Weapon dropped, it went to the "healers" over me (even if they didn't really need it). And guess what? I didn't b*tch about it! Eventually, I got all the gear I needed. Especially when Zul'Aman came out (yay vendors).

Moral of the story: gear has always mattered. Sure no one is "entitled" to drops, but when it doesn't happen for weeks, while using your "special coins" might I add, it kind of defeats the purpose of LFR now- which is to further your toons gear!

Unless you were building a legendary in Vanilla, you have no rights to complain about drop rates (I never did, but I've heard stories)..

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    Unless you were building a legendary in Vanilla, you have no rights to complain about drop rates (I never did, but I've heard stories)..
    Stupidest argument ever made.

You know you can do better than that...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take me back to raiding BWL 6 months of BWL clears before my Nemesis boots finally dropped. 40men 2ish drops per boss. 4 on endbosses. your two weeks without any drops are nothing.

Even raiding 10man now and ive gotten 1 drop from normal mode. RNG is RNG learn to live with it.

EDIT: Did ToeS cause i was bored and got loot from every boss, and 2 loots from coins. all disenchanted cause i didnt need them.

Came back to the game a few weeks ago, hit max level. Took a couple days to hit 460 ilvl for the first set of lfr. Did it once and got enough to get me the 10 ilvl in that single run to do the next ones. Ran the middle group of 470 ilvl required ones and got enough to be 1 ilvl off from the ToT lfr. Obviously it isn't a problem with the drops across the board.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me two years total to get the Engineer's hat from Loot Reaver. TWO YEARS and including when I was running Eye in BC. I didn't even complete my BC four piece until an xpan later when it didn't matter anymore (wrath).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Hey fellows!
    So, Im sick of RF.
    502 items are good if u see my gear (im 496 atm) and Im TRYING to farm some 502 LFR gear...
    BUT, since it avaible, i've been killing all bosses and I got 2 items so far...
    Actually it was 3, but one was repeated and I desenchanted it...
    So, when will it work??
    If I dont farm tokens of bonus roll I will drop 2 items every month??
    Thanks blizz, to piss me off every week!
    My alt got 4 items last week, 2 items the week before. I don't remember if she got something when only the first part of LFR was open.

So far, all my main got from LFR was a chest that was slight upgrade over the one I already had for offspec. But there's little from LFR that I actually have use for on my main, aside from the one or the other trinket.

What I'm getting at is that random loot is random, and when I see how my alt gets showered in stuff when setting foot in the LFR, even getting a trinket that I'm chasing after on my main (damn you, RNG)... and when I see how my main tends to be quite unlucky in LFR and also with Mogu Runes... heck, I haven't got a single item from a Mogu Rune in 5.2! it's just really sucky RNG there. One char gets stuff like mad, the other doesn't even get useless stuff to vendor.

*shrugs* It's annoying, but what can you do?

It's not just an LFR issue. You might run your normal or heroic mode raid for weeks too without getting an upgrade. It's just RNG (and in the case of non-LFR raids, people passing on stuff for you because you get set-bonuses, had worse items in those slots than they do, have gone without loot for longer etc). Even in Dragon Soul 25-man, you basically had the place as good as clear on heroic before you had 4pc (I got mine the day before we went to kill Spine heroic, and it had 2 LFR pieces because we got sooo many Vanquisher tokens that people had those for 3 specs already whereas Protector tokens were scarce and Conqueror practically nonexistent).

RNG. It sucks, but that's the name of the game and it has been so for years, and it will be so for years. So let's be happy when RNG smiles on us and let's kick it in the shins when it doesn't. ^^

Deleted
    I have done every ToT LFR every week since each becomes available; I have received ZERO items. You should count yourself lucky, I can also go weeks in my 10 man guild without loot, I really don't get why people in LFR think they're entitled to loot when it's mostly all faceroll anyway.

Rng is a good thing. If it wasn't there and you just got your drops off of every boss when you first killed them, then what...It just makes it that much greater when that item you want so bad finally drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Take me back to raiding BWL 6 months of BWL clears before my Nemesis boots finally dropped. 40men 2ish drops per boss. 4 on endbosses. your two weeks without any drops are nothing.

Even raiding 10man now and ive gotten 1 drop from normal mode. RNG is RNG learn to live with it.

EDIT: Did ToeS cause i was bored and got loot from every boss, and 2 loots from coins. all disenchanted cause i didnt need them.
    All you ever get with these posts is this!! Peope who are either trolling or to stupid to see the point the OP is making.

It is not about doing raid after raid and not getting that particular 'Bow' or 'Nemesis Boots' or last item to complete your set. It is about not getting any loot PERIOD so you are unable to even enter the "current" LFR in the first place. If nobody reading this post can grasp that then stop posting.
    Also comparing it to a guild run where "you passed on loot" for guildies because it was a better upgrade for them.......is again you guessed it not the same thing because this implies you are already geared and awaiting the uber item.

LFR raiders need a decent drop rate and return or you cannot do any other content because there is no other way to gear up apart from
    'Valor' which you get from these LFR runs which do not reward you with anything more than 90V and lots of useless gold.

All this is from someone who does not really care too much about this but I can empathise with the OP. Read the post first before posting and put your self in their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    I have done every ToT LFR every week since each becomes available; I have received ZERO items. You should count yourself lucky, I can also go weeks in my 10 man guild without loot, I really don't get why people in LFR think they're entitled to loot when it's mostly all faceroll anyway.
    main - 1 drop from all bosses each week, gone up 1ilvl overall in terms of gear, now 497.
    alt - 6 drops from all bosses each week, gone from 480 to 496ilvl..

both chars have used only 4-5 coins each too

main 1/29 chances - 3.4%
    alt 6/29 chances - 20.6%

overall, 7/58 - 12%

OP isn't even being very unlucky. Just slightly below normal.
    It's fine. Can we stop having these threads about you wanting a bag of epics for doing nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I don't think anyone has a problem with it taking time to gear however when it is possible to go several weeks without seeing a single drop coupled with slow pace you are able to unlock gear from vendors due the incredibly slow rep gain for the Shado Pan Assault then it is a problem. Personally I went over five weeks of running five LFRs each week without seeing a single drop prior to 5.2 and even with increased drop rates with over 20 rolls on the old bosses I have seen two drops, one useful and other became a Sha Crystal. I still have alt that cannot enter the second raid of LFR as it has not got enough drops from the first two parts to fulfil the item level requirement. I am not prepared to spend weeks running obsolete content to then run some more obsolete content before having to endure another outdated raid before I can finally run the current tier.

It is interesting you ask what incentive people would have to run to LFR without loot in my case after the first time, none. It is too long and not interesting enough for repeated runs and quite frankly some of the people you encounter in LFR are rather unpleasant, I have my own child and when I play WOW I do not want to put up with someone else's throwing a tantrum, insulting and swearing at people.

Clearly a lot have problems with not getting much gear every week, considered OPs post. It has only been up a few weeks and he got two pieces of gear already, which is more than i've had in raid.

And i think you're confusing shado-pan offensive with some other faction, because it's not slow. You get more gear locked up than you can spend valor on.
    I had 3000 valor when 5.2 hit, and there's still plenty of gear to buy from there.

About not being able to enter after ages, on alt.
    Farm instances to you brain bleeds together with a tank, and convert the justice, to honor and buy the 476 honor-gear which is as good as normal 476 gear+they have the free pvp-stats on them.
    And cap your conquest for the higher ilvl gear.
    Buy crafted mats, or make them on your own.

It's overall fine. I'm tired of clueless people entering higher raids with their alt, when they haven't even learned to perform their role.
    Them having to run it for many weeks, is the only way you get to see them even perform remotely well on mechanics, so i don't want to see any of them get loot fast.

As you say. People are unpleasant in lfr. Mostly because they're only there to get their free epics, and every fuckup delays what they think rightfully is theirs.
    It's not like they deserve to get gear from running lfr without caring about any else. It's just the reason people go there, so it's the carrot they're all hunting, and once in a while get to nip at.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Farmed blood queen 25 hc for months, no shield. Our paladin got it 3 times, took one and enchanted it with spirit and used it for holy in arena, solely to fuck with me lol.
    I had 378 shield while progressing spine heroic.
    Bonelink trinket in dragon soul, 4 characters, ~970 kills in lfr/normal/heroic.
    Didnt even see it once, statistically i should have seen it ~4 times.

RNG is RNG...

OP. It wont change, you might aswell quit now.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-04-04 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're not entitled to drops. I don't get this mentality lately. When I was still a 25 man raider I could go weeks without seeing an upgrade depending on drops and who needed it more/won the roll. Weeks. I remember in T11 how long it took to get my 2H mace from Magmaw.

The drops are fine. It takes a while to gear up through raiding; it always has. What incentive would you have to continuing to run LFR, getting your VP/gold if you got everything you needed the first day?
    You can´t compare LFR to your own raid.
    a) When I don´t get loot in my own raid, someone else in this raid will get it. No matter who get´s the item - the raid will be stronger next id. It´s ok.
    b) When I don´t get loot in LFR I really don´t care if someone else gets something. It´s either wasted to a faceroller or never seen again.

But then... in the end it´s only pixels anyways. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    snip
    Good post. I think there are more people then just you in the same boat. Blizzard (as I understood it) changed this because people who were new, always jumped right into the last piece of current content. They skip the story and content for that expansion. It sucks for those players to be right at the end when you buy the game. I mean let's say you buy an offline 1 player game. The game is now out for about 8 months and a follow up title of that game is coming out in 3 months.... you would be put automatically around stage 3 of 4 in that 1 player game, not able to go back. As in WoW you are ofcourse able to do the content that came before the current one "theoretically". But no one would likely help you "experience" that content. Nor would you need gear from there either.

Since WoW doesn't have a very large loyal player base (people are not constantly subbed or stay with the game for every long appearantly), a lot of new players play the game constantly. They don't have much content then if they get to jump to the last section do they? Now they do.

And as a guy who has (few) alts, I like the fact that I need to redo the progress. There are always groups for every bit of content. There is always something to do. Imagine if people didn't need gear from LFR of non-current tier stuff.... who would do those then? Well apart from a few guys who want to cap their valor, not many would. And valor capping can be done quicker by grinding rares/elites on Isle of Thunder.

So while it sucks to be you in this case, it is for the greater good - and I fully support Blizzards decision. It might take you a few weeks (cause that is all it takes) but then yes you would be "current" again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop rate is fine. I already got 3 tank items and 2 dps from the new lfr raids. I didn't even have any bonus rolls. Luck is luck.