Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    happened to me last night aswell as our spriests trying to mass themselves.
    We spent 2 night progressing on Primordius hc when suddenly warlocks and boomkins (Symbiosis) massdispel no longer worked at dispelling one of the 5 active buffs. Seemingly they hotfixremoved those dispels effect in order to prevent guilds from using that tactic on Primordius. I'm annoyed that we wasted 8 hours doing that tactic just to be spat in the face and mocked by guilds who have already gotten past the boss using the tactic, but in the end I'm overly pleased with our new tactic. It's alot less clunky and much better dpswise (hard to believe, but true).

About letting the debuff drop on its own. No just no. And do not Unbound Will it without having Sac Pact or Unending Resolve running, the damage is too great and we warlocks know how healers like to react to spike damage on random raid members, effectively not healing the tank anymore, who then dies. GG atleast the warlock was saved. Hnnng.
    Last edited by mmoce7431826d4; 2013-04-04 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    About letting the debuff drop on its own. No just no. And do not Unbound Will it without having Sac Pact or Unending Resolve running, the damage is too great...
    I use Unbound Will to dispell every single ionization, the soul leech shield you build while dpsing in the pool is more than enough to soak the hit.
    I prefer to sac a VW, and use it + sac pact during the dodge ball part, this way I can "ignore" the balls for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Well I was using Burning Rush to avoid the Lightning Bolts since the KJC snare can be deadly for those and I like DPSing during the Lightning Storm, but I guess I'll do that next week. Still.. it would be nice if I could use the abilities that are given to me.
    I've not done the fight on heroic but why not just start mounted and place your portal at the start and just port every time?

Seems when they hotfixed the imp dispel and other dispel mechanics to stop people using it on Primordius HC it also screwed everything else up.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I've not done the fight on heroic but why not just start mounted and place your portal at the start and just port every time?
    It's a different fight on HC, really. You can't compare the two, since the 2 new mechanics completely change the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    This. Especially when you get focused lightning just before ionization comes out, I like to be able to get rid of it basically as soon as I get it.
    During my first kill on this Heroic, we rotated the pulls clockwise and stacked the focused lightnings in the grates. We had ranged drop their Focuses to the left of the active pool's grates and melee on the opposite (to minimize ball damage if it went through people). As far as ranged was concerned we hugged the edged of the pool to be able to hop out and quickly position the focuses. I didnt't get focused during Ionization on our kill but on the attempts I did I still let Ion fall off on its own while taking focuses out like usual. Waiting for a healer to dispell so you can go back in cuts of some damage when you could be in the pool.

When I didn't get focused I stayed in the pool til the debuff had 3 secs left, walked out to drop then went back in for a few seconds before lightning storm came. What sucks for me though is I died right before the execute phase with my cds/pot/ and 4 embers ready to burn, was at 200k before death :/ I will say I loved Destro for this.
    Last edited by Ravoks; 2013-04-04 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Lightning Bolts =/= the balls on normal, he's on about the heroic mechanic that turns the entire arena into a bullet hell.

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball. If you had no problems with attenuation, you shouldnt have problems with this one. Only mechanic thats a wiper really is people dropping Ionization in a pool killing everyone. I wish they would not have screwed up the self dispels. I really hate having to gather Primo Mutates from zero:/
    Last edited by Ravoks; 2013-04-04 at 08:23 PM.

I don't have this issue on H jinrohk. My only thought is if ur using gosac vs sup u get singe magic vs sear magic and for gosac u would have to use a command demon input vs petcast macro or keybind. Honestly, if ur being asked to dispel urself, dont bother. U can just run out of the water. Remember, you dont have to be in the middle to get the buff u can be on the very edge and still get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    I don't have this issue on H jinrohk. My only thought is if ur using gosac vs sup u get singe magic vs sear magic and for gosac u would have to use a command demon input vs petcast macro or keybind. Honestly, if ur being asked to dispel urself, dont bother. U can just run out of the water. Remember, you dont have to be in the middle to get the buff u can be on the very edge and still get it.
    Well it's a dps increase to dispell yourself rather then letting it drop off, since you only have to run out for 2 seconds rather then take 5-10 seconds to run out/spread/run back etc. Also it definatly is broken since this reset.

Not a fun suprise when doing Primordius hc, but we managed to addapt our tactic. New tactic works fine as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    Everyone doing heroic knows that you CAN run out, that isn't the issue - it's just less optimal under a lot of situations.

How is it less optimal of you are hugging the edge of the pool anyway, and dipping out while not burning a cd to dispel, when you can move out of the pool. And go back in. Unless you know you have internals you are waiting then I can understand but if they are rolling, it can be vice versa to wai til they wear off if you won't drop Ion in the pool.

Deleted
    In any case it seems fixed?

If it's fixed it probably went in with the BT fix too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    How is it less optimal of you are hugging the edge of the pool anyway, and dipping out while not burning a cd to dispel, when you can move out of the pool. And go back in. Unless you know you have internals you are waiting then I can understand but if they are rolling, it can be vice versa to wai til they wear off if you won't drop Ion in the pool.
    Prettymuch exactly what you said - if you're waiting for a proc to come off ICD or you have no soulshards / are building embers, then it's better to run out and dispel, then get back in so that you can be in the pool until the very last second it becomes electrified.

Obviously if you've got procs rolling / shards / embers to dump then you're not going to run out to dispel, but having the option to dispel doesn't prevent you doing that, not having the option to dispel does strip you of the ability to squeeze that little extra out. It's not a huge deal and certainly won't make or break your performance and letting it fall off is a perfectly valid way of dealing with the debuff, but when I have times like getting a focused lightning, needing to run out, then having such a short time left on ionization that I need to stand around waiting for it to fall off, whereas I'd usually just dispel it - it's frustrating and completely unjustified.

That aside, glad to hear it's apparently fixed.

last week we did it the easy all warlocks dispell themselfs

this time .. the button JUST DOESNT work and i was like fuck blizz FUCK YOU . out of combat it works ^^
    gm ticket still doesn't answer but meh.

and no i don't wana spec unbound will, hate that spell and i love my green fire bootz, togetter with rocketboots i can run over the whole place in 2sec.
    I simply hate it when your own spells don't work for no reasons .. last week it did work

well this week i just let it tick out while standing outside, but i almost killed some healers (they kinda like to roll in my way sometimes -.-^^)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    your own spells don't work for no reasons .. last week it did work
    Reasons have been given in this thread.

And mine works now.