Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's not that fun, the story is generic, the gameplay is stale and clunky, the races are generic without any proper "fluff". I don't like the graphics and from what I'm hearing, despite being a relatively new game, many of it's core mechanics felt very old and dated. And the very concept of the Rifts was basically just the Scourge Invasion event all over, which wasn't that fun either.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Rift ist WoWs ugly sister, if you know what I mean. It's basically all the same, just less appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because for me Rift is boring and only another game without budget. It's just another WoW killer failure! In addition, I don't really like free 2 play games. There's no reason at all to play that game when you can play superior games like GW2 or WoW.

I installed Rift 2 times... and uninstalled the same day usually.

It is awfully uninspired, buggy and boring. If you play your first zone, you played them all. Quest design was not just boring, it was awful and experience gain was molasses slow. Terribly lagging combat with boring mechanics. Basically, the game was mediocre, and got what it well deserved.

Oh, and I haven't said anything yet about the idiots who failed to add Cyrillic support to chat after year and half...
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2013-04-04 at 10:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    In addition, I don't really like free 2 play games. There's no reason at all to play that game when you can play superior games like GW2 or WoW
    Can someone please point me in the direction of "Rift is now free-to-play?", so far that's two people have said this, also some mod action might be in order here.

Fairly sure if i hit up the WoW sections making "comments" like some posters have and game bashing in general i'd be taking a "break" from here

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    who failed to add Cyrillic support to chat after year and half...
    I'm fairly sure the Russian only servers have that

10+ Year Old Account
    If I actually found Rift to be better than WoW, I would be playing Rift. Not only is the art style not my thing, I joined WoW because it was Warcraft, not because it was the popular thing at the time, and I don't actually see Rift as better, or at least not enough to warrant a change of game. As far as I am concerned, I will keep playing WoW until I either get sick of it, and when the day comes that I quit playing it, I won't be playing the "next big thing", I'll just quit MMOs altogether.

In addition to what I said, you can also add this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You can play WoW in WoW. To put it bluntly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    just the Scourge Invasion event all over, which wasn't that fun either.
    I guess you didn't raid Varian in Stormwind as a zombie together with ally zombies then :P

Anyway on topic: "We are not in Azeroth anymore" was really really bad in my opinion. It was one of the causes of the bashing that Rift got from some WoW players for being WoW clone... (some elements were the same as I found out at that time indeed but the concept of the rifts as random events, the class system etc were completely different... plus the age advantage that resulted in newer graphics)

Although... Now that I mentioned it... WoW has its own age advantages as well... Take a look at SW:ToR for example. Saw a recent interview of a dev that he said that they didn't expect players to consume content so fast. They expected levelling to last for 3-4 months (!). To us it sounds absurd. But when wow was launched (without raids) it was an achievement that took a considerable amount of time to hit 60... And during that time the game was still developing... I guess you get my point.

BTW in the previous page I see a [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/spell=5784"]hFelsteed/URL] and a blue one with armour :P

Rift is to hard for the avarage wow joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Yep, Rift sure is a "WoW clone", copied everything from healing Mages to ranged spell casting warriors

Heck Rift even copied all the mounts from WoW, i mean compare these two mounts from Rift, Aurora and the Fiery Steed

I mean both are a blatant attempt to copy and look like WoW's Pegasus mount.....

Wait, what do you mean Pegasus isn't even out yet? how did Trion "clone" that Pegasus mount
    The 2 rift mounts look much more like the spectral horse and the warlock mount (or the fiery horse that drops in Kara) than the 2 mounts you linked that are being added recently. And they were added waaaaay before those mounts in Rift. Hell nebula looks more like the sparkle pony than the one you are implying Blizzard cloned it into!

Or is this going to be another one of those things where Rift players say "OH MAN DEATHWING IS TOTALLY RIPPED OFF ALKY, THERE ARE A COUPLE OF VAGUE SIMILARITIES AND REALLY IT'S QUITE A LOT DIFFERENT BUT IT'S TOTALLY COPIED" and then when people say Volan reminds them of the Fel Reaver they say "NOPE, IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT HERE LET ME LIST THE SMALLEST DIFFERENCES THAT PROVE ITS UTTERLY DIFFERENT IN EVERY SINGLE WAY WHEN IT ISN'T!". For example, det mentions the ui, which certainly borrows more from wow than those Pegasus mounts do from Rift, but instead of just acknowledging that you focus on the differences to make out its totally different, while ignoring the obvious differences in the mounts so you can imply Blizzard as copied them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

I think it's because Rift is a WoW clone and meant from the start to be a WoW clone, so to be blunt if you're happy with WoW there's no reason to switch. I tried Rift when it came out, thought it was neat but too close to WoW and all my friends played WoW and wouldn't switch, so I stuck with WoW. When Mists came out and I got frustrated with the daily gating and all of that, I quit and went to play Rift for Storm Legion which sounded great. I resubbed to WoW when I got tired of doing dailies in the same two zones over and over again and that my guild couldn't muster 20 people to do anything beyond the first 10-man raid in Rift, and now I kind of flit between the two of them.

Plus, Rift now is in a bit of a flux as after the expansion, Trion let a lot of their staff including class designers go, which caused turmoil. It's a good game but there isn't that much going on (although the next patch promises to add some stuff) and due to the TBC-like raid progress, if you can't get 20 good people you're kind of severely limited in what your options are in the game. I never thought I would say it but in Rift I actually miss not having the Raid Finder, just because it's the difference between logging on to do SOMETHING and logging on to do dailies, maybe a few dungeons, and that's it because the 10-man is boring and we can't even attempt the 20-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    nebula looks more like the sparkle pony than the one you are implying Blizzard cloned it into!
    Except Nebula and now Aurora cost you absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, no real cash handed over

when people say Volan reminds them of the Fel Reaver they say "NOPE, IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT HERE LET ME LIST THE SMALLEST DIFFERENCES THAT PROVE ITS UTTERLY DIFFERENT IN EVERY SINGLE WAY WHEN IT ISN'T!
    Except Fel Reaver was a machine, a "robot", Volan is a Demon wearing armor,so yes it is "utterly different" care to try again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Nebula and now Aurora cost you absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, no real cash handed over

Except Fel Reaver was a machine, a "robot", Volan is a Demon wearing armor,so yes it is "utterly different" care to try again?
    I thought you were comparing models and how they look compared to each other, and not the specifics of how they are obtained or what kind of creature they are? Or do you change your argument as you see fit to get the last word? Which one is it? First you link screenshots comparing the mounts and pretty much implying that the new pegasi mounts are copies of your precious Rift horses, but when people call you out on your bullshit the argument shifts to "ah, but you don't have to buy those!". What's it gonna be?

In any case, the red horse you linked from Rift is pretty much the warlock Dreadsteed mount, while the blue one looks almost like the Celestial Steed (minus the wings). As for this Volan guy and the Fel Reaver... I don't find them that similar so... /shrug

Now, is this really a bad thing that the mounts look alike? Or do people really need to have pissing contests as to who copied what, or who did more copying? Or are we gonna stop the childish bullshit and just admit that having similar mounts isn't that uncommon considering the fantasy theme?
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try looking up the definitions of opinion and debates, it clearly seems to have gone over your head

10+ Year Old Account
    Try looking up the definitions of opinion and debates, it clearly seems to have gone over your head
    Of course it has. Classic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Must pay for for the "starter pack".

Computer might not be able to handle it - laptop.

Currently using Mac.

I like my class the way it is. Rift doesn't seem to have an equal that is well, equal.

If Blizzard completely messes up my class, then maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I respect the Rift people in here and never try to bring in any drama or cause problems. But since we are on this discussion my honest opinion on this whole matter is I'd "Rather Be in Azeroth". To me as a person of my own taste in games, I will never play Rift aslong as it has a sub (Reason why I only play on weekends, if I have nothing else to do. Its like many people have said before, Rift having a sub is a brick wall & choking the game to death.

The comabt is clunky and with the system I have, It should destroy the game & be able to be runned on the high settings, yet i can only have it on medium or low to have the game stable. Yet I can run games likes Tomb Raider, BF3 (prbly BF4) & GW2 on Ultra with no problem.

To me Rift just isn't popular and never was, it was just hyped and fell flat, but that doesn't mean a small community of people can't enjoy it still, they just need to learn there place in the market.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-04-04 at 12:36 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    The game was amazing no doubt, my friends went back to wow and so did I. Despite getting a top10 kill on Greenscale, I thought the content was lacking compared to wotlk raids.

I'm fairly sure the Russian only servers have that
    Show me the fool who's going to play on two empty servers for $13/month? That's a higher price than WAR or WoW, closing to USA one, so it was a failed project for a start.

Deleted
    rift is wow but prettier
    there is no reason to leave all that you have known and worked for the last half decade

To be honest, the only thing stopping me from going back to Rift is that my PC broke and all I have are Macs. One game is not worth bootcamp. If they do a native OSX client I'll be back.