Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Up coming expansion ideas.

I really think Emerald dream should come out like the rumors said they were after bc. also it would be kinda cool if murlocs were a playable class.

Please leave your idea and what should happen.

And no more animal ideas like the panda -_-

Next expansion should be Virmen themed and take place in the warrens under Pandaria. We could call it Watercraft Down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Would Murloc not be considered an animal? Kind of a fish-frog hybrid.

Also, I would like to see an expansion that no one is expecting. Something awesome and crazy. Just my personal opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but not repetitive like cata and rotc and mop

Emerald Dream expansion won't happen. At best it'll be a patch/raid.

OT: I'm hoping for a Azshara/N'zoth South Seas expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Emerald Dream has the potential. After Pandaria, I wouldn't rule anything out. Anything could happen. Even Ogrezonia.

...no.

Especially Ogrezonia.

Signs point to a Burning Legion related expansion. We could either explore more fragments of Outland or new worlds entirely. Plus a naga expansion featuring Azshara and some of the island zones we haven't seen yet. Plus underworld and elemental planes as more Azeroth-related stuff.

I dont think they could center a whole xpack around it, possibly a patch though /shrug.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Burning Legion? Return to Outland in some form?hmhmhm

10+ Year Old Account
    Visiting the Emerald Dream is pretty much a given but I don't think it's next. After how they handled the essentially nonexistent Pandaria, I'm pretty confident they could give the Dream enough substance to make it work - and they've pretty consistently said they're still interested in doing it too.

Facing the Burning Legion seems pretty likely to be Mists' follow-up, even if it does seem a little early in my opinion. Hopefully we won't be visiting Argus just yet at least if it is a Burning Legion expansion.

Race wise I'd kind of hope we could get a couple of completely new, unseen races if any at all. They fleshed out the completely new races on Pandaria well enough and it would be fun to see them do that for new races on a completely new world, rather than shoehorn in a couple of already established races.

If they're to opt for a new class over new races, then I'd like to see the introduction of the Demon Hunter Hero class (alongside the return of Illidan as an anti-hero again). I know loads of people feel the demon hunter's kind of useless or impossible to pull off well but after seeing threads on here speculating how they could work, I think there's room to implement them successfully - and they're kind of fan favourites like the Pandaren so it seems like they'd be a good move financially.

Instead of spending 100 pages in heated debate about the Emerald Dream, Burning Legion and South Seas let's just copy and paste those posts from all the thousands of other threads people have posted for the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Emerald Dream has the potential. After Pandaria, I wouldn't rule anything out. Anything could happen. Even Ogrezonia.

...no.

Especially Ogrezonia.
    Would help a lot with writing the next Steamy Romance Novel.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Visiting the Emerald Dream is pretty much a given but I don't think it's next.
    I don't think it's a given at all... it was abandoned in Vanilla and never re-visited. They wrapped up the abandoned plot threads in some novel. Seems likely to me we'll never go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well since Ysera, Cenarius, and Malfurion have all returned from the Emerald Dream/Nightmare there is no reason to go there.

It's going to be a return of the Burning Legion leading up to Sargeras, or else the South Seas with Queen Azshara & N'zoth.

I'm banking on a new playable neutral race. That seems to have gone over well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't think it's a given at all... it was abandoned in Vanilla and never re-visited. They wrapped up the abandoned plot threads in some novel. Seems likely to me we'll never go there.
    The only thing they wrapped up was Ysera and Malfurion.

I believe N'zoth is still in there. And from the sounds of it he has created a gateway within the Rift of Aln that connects beneath the Maelstrom, likely near Nazjatar.

I think we fight N'zoth around the time we fight Azshara. We raid Nazjatar and find the gateway into the Rift of Aln where we confront N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alex Afrasiabi said players would definitely see the Emerald Dream at a Blizzcon after Stormrage was released, the Nightmare has started to spread again since Cataclysm (and with her powers gone, Ysera's said it'll be up to the mortals to defeat the Nightmare this time in the Dawn of The Aspects), and Dave Kosak said they still want to explore it during the Mists press conference. It seems pretty likely we'll go there, even if it's an accompanying area to an Azshara expansion or something thwarting all of N'zoth's remaining schemes.

Stormrage wrapping up unresolved plot hooks from Classic basically just gave them a clean slate to work on.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, didn't read any of those thousand posts?

Not surprising the vanilla art has been abandoned - it's old. There's no way they'd straight up use any of those ancient assets, the quality has moved beyond it.

And the plot wasn't resolved in the novel, it was reset - in WoW, the Nightmare persists and has begun to spread through the Dream once again. Further fiction reveals that it's searching for a new Nightmare Lord to command it.

Deleted
    And how do you think - when it could be released?

As much as I want to see an Azshara/Emerald Dream expansion, I doubt it will be the next one. The next expac is gona take place on WoWs 10th anniversary, so Blizz is most likely going to have the villian be a big bad we are familiar with, aka the Burning Legion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

World of Warcraft: The Dark Tide

Anyone who has played the Warcraft 3 demo (or the scenario from that in TFT) should remember this. Anyway. As Thrall was crossing the maelstrom, they wrecked on the island with the island trolls. Sen'jin dies, they defeat the Sea Witch, blah blah blah. Anyway, as they were sailing away, the Sea Witch yelled out "Sail on, Land-dwellers. Flee! The Dark Tide is coming to swallow you all, and once it begins, there will be nowhere to hide!"
    And about 5 minutes before the end of the level, she says "Yes. At last the end draws near. Your deaths are only the beginning. Soon, all land-dwellers will be entombed in a watery grave."

following is fan speculation... pics are not mine.
    World of Warcraft: The Dark Tide
    Azeroth is flooding and naga pour out of the seas. After the reclamation of Orgrimmar tensions between the Horde and Alliance are high over the fate of the city. Before either side is able to move a grunt runs in from durotar. As the faction heads turn to him the orc yells of naga invasion swarms of them. The factions go out and see their fleets sinking to naga and kraken. Experiencing a vision, Thrall realizes he must depart as he is needed by the Earthen Ring once more and leaves the Horde in the hands of his good friend Vol'jin, determined to right the mistakes Garrosh has made. The factions agree to discuss this later and turn toward the Dark Tide.

FEATURES:
    *Player models and animations redesigned (excluding Goblin, Worgen, Pandaren).
    *Tabards are now permanently learned across characters, accessed like mounts & pets.
    *Current mats can now level all professions to get over rough spots (introduced for Blacksmith & Cooking in MoP).
    *Auction Houses merged across battlegroups.
    *Challenge mode raids: players can now be scaled down to do older raids as if they were current.
    *Bronze dragons in the caverns of time can teleport you into an instance of original raids that have been altered (Naxx, Ony, ZG, ZA).
    *Raid finder, normal, and heroic gear have minor physical differences besides color (Example). Gear obtained in the raid finder is of rare quality.
    *Raid finder gear of previous raids can be purchased with justice points and previous season gear with honor points for transmogrification.
    *Players who have completed any difficulty of a raid on any character may now que for groups of the 'normal' difficulty if they meet the ilvl.
    *New raids are designed for 15-player groups only to support tuning and balancing.
    *Compromising between Cataclysm and Mists, dungeons can only be queued for once any of your characters has reached the entrance.
    *To encourage realm groups, completing dungeons in the Dungeon Finder will now provide additional gold and valor/justice points scaling with the number of players you queue with. Likewise with battlegrounds and honor points.
    *Players will now get bonus rewards two times per day up to seven times per week instead of once a day when using Dungeon Finder.
    *Certain factions can be championed through the tabard interface, allowing a player to gather reputation through running dungeons and heroics. Current factions has a daily cap to how much reputation can be earned this way, those from previous expansions do not.
    *Tabards have two versions, a Faction Initiate's Tabard and a Faction Champion's Tabard. Visually differentiated like the illustrious/renowned guild tabard and the private/scout vs knight/stone guard PvP tabards. The initiate tabard can be purchased at friendly reputation and the champion at exalted. Faction Champion's Tabards gain reputation faster with no cap (as one of your characters is already exalted).
    *New zones feature the introduction of public quests that scale with the number of participants.
    *Guild Officers can now send invites to players that have requested to join through the Guild Finder even if player is offline, they will be able to accept or decline once logged back in. The invite can be removed by guild officers if player has not accepted or declined.
    *The Guild Finder criteria has been expanded to include Casual, Hardcore, Social, Questing, Adventuring, Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds, Arena, and Role Playing as Guild Interests options and tickable boxes to indicate specific days for Availability.
    *An ingame forum has been integrated into the guild interface (example).
    *Draenei and Blood Elf starter zones updated to modern events, allow flying, and are merged into the Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms zones.
    *Spellbooks are trimmed down, merging similar and situational abilities.
    *Cosmetic items for mounts added (example).

PRE-EXPANSION EVENT
    Pre-Dark Tide patch updates Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and merged starter zones. Over the course of the event, the water level on Azeroth rises submerging parts of the continent and naga invasion of all coastal regions until Thrall and the Earthen Ring are able to return the tide to reasonable levels at the end of the event. Regular naga invasions of Orgrimmar and Stormwind, at the end players can defeat the supercharged naga commander who drops loot. Potentially phased for only those level 60 and above to allow normal leveling.

NEW ZONES:

*Kul Tiras (90 - 91)
    The naga warlord Zethresh commands the naga forces who have overtaken Crestfall. The forsaken town of Drisburg is the Horde landing ground while Alliance players assist Tandred Proudmoore in reclaiming Boralus. Some spillover of the conflict in Tol Barad and Gilneas. Naval routes have been established by the alliance to Menethil Harbor and by the horde to Bilgewater Harbor. Fauna include turtles, crocolisks, crabs, and crawfish.
    *Zul'Dare (91 - 92)
    Treacherous cliffs tower over the rocky shoreline, making an uphill battle for anyone wishing to enter. The defensive terrain has allowed the resident dark trolls to hold off the naga invasion. Zul'Dare is visually very reminiscent of Howling Fjord.
    *Balor (91 - 93)
    Once a province of Stormwind, the island has since been overtaken by the kvaldir, shrouding parts in mist. A splinter sect of nerubians have also surfaced here.
    *Hiji (92 - 93)
    Also known as the dragon isle, Hiji is home to the matriarchal ogre society of Ogrezonia as well as many proto-drakes including the son of Galakrond. Led by Lord Gajanshis, a rebel group of naga known as the Venomtail have established the city of Nar'Ranzja on the island. Troll ruins surround an active volcano on the western edge, with a rock formation resembling the head of a dragon jutting out over the island. On the southern coast the remains of old god minions can be found like that in Master's Glaive.
    *Tel Abim (93 - 94)
    A desert-like island with numerous oases. Many have gone insane from a powerful prescence beneath the island. Tel Abim contains deposits of Kaja'mite which has caused the local gorillas to exhibit great intelligence (Planet of the Apes), attracting the interest of Trade Prince Gallywix, butting heads with the Venture Company and Kul Tiras port of Valorgarde. Fauna include basiliks, scorpids, wind serpents, hyenas, giraffes, raptors, plainstriders, thunder lizards, and turtles.
    *Zandalar (94 - 95)
    The birthplace of troll civilization, this island has been ravaged by the recent cataclysm, crossed by deep fissures. The boundaries of the elemental planes have been weakened here, making it a battleground between the various elements while the Zandalari fight to keep the sinking island afloat. A rebel group against Zul seeks to secure their future through diplomacy instead of conquest.
    *Plunder Isle (94 - 95)
    Dangerous, boisterous, drunken and bawdy, this tropical island is the center of piracy and a haven for outlaws in the south seas. The infamous Bloodsail Hold is the center of operations for a powerful pirate organization led by Duke Falrevere. Players must choose their allegiance between competing pirate factions (Scryer/Aldor Oracle/Frenzyheart).
    *Broken Isles (95)
    Players accompany Nazgrim or Taylor to the Broken Isles. The expedition here goes awry during a conflict with the other faction interrupted by naga kraken leading to players shipwrecking off the coast (reminiscent of vash'jr intro) of archipelago of islands under a neverending thunderstorm. Players encounter Drak'thul with the remaining Stormreaver clan and Naisha's escaped wardens. Wrathion shows a particular interest in the Tomb of Sargeras.
    *Kezan
    Seeking new sources of labor the goblin trade coalition are now allowing all races to board vessels bound to Undermine from Ratchet and Booty Bay. The city of Undermine acts as a neutral capitol with a district for Horde and Alliance on each side, and Shipmaster Placeholder teleports players to the faction ship in the zone of their choosing.
    *Amani Vale (95+) (added in patch 6.1) (Map by Amonra)
    New quest zone added in patch 6.1 featuring the rise of the serpent goddess Ula-Tek.
    *Darkspear Islands (95+) (added in patch 6.1
    Once the land of the darkspear these islands are now contested between horde and alliance fleets.
    *Zuldazar (95+) (added in patch 6.2)
    Raised plateau on Zandalar isle. New daily zone for the Zuldazar raid. Very mayan/aztec inspired architecture.
    *Eye of the Maelstrom (95++) (added in patch 6.4)
    Massive zone featuring several subzones (see Vash'jr). Within the waters of the Eye are the opposing empires of the makrura and naga. When Brann Bronzebeard visited it, he saw more forms of life that he imagined existed in all the world.

NEW RACES:
    Both besetted by the Dark Tide, these newly playable races turn to their old allies as their lands begin sliding into the ocean.
    *Ogre (H)
    -Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Shaman, Death Knight, Monk
    -Starting Zone: Dustwallow Marsh (1 - 12 H)
    -Faction: Stonemaul Clan
    -Racial Mount: Kodo
    Ogre players fight alongside the half-orc Rexxar and at the end of the zone are evacuated from the almost entirely submerged zone via zeppelin to Orgrimmar and renew allegiance to Vol'jin.
    *High Elf (A)
    -Classes: Paladin, Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Druid, Priest, Monk
    -Starting Zone: Northeron (1 - 12 A)
    -Faction: Northeron
    -Racial Mount: Unicorn
    High elf players defend a gateway portal to Stormwind so displaced refuges can escape, then enter themelves and renew allegiance to Varian. Northeron is a mountainous region whose fauna include bears, wolves, lynxes, gryphons, as well as the mystical unicorn.

(No new classes introduced so monks can continue to integrate.)

DUNGEONS:
    -Zethresh Grotto (Kul Tiras) (90 - 92)
    Lair of the naga warlord Zethresh. Also some murlocs.
    -Zin'Dare Temple (Zul'Dare) (90 - 92)
    Amani attempting to resurrect their warlord Zul'jin, infiltrated and manipulated by demons.
    -Balor Depths (Balor) (91 - 93)
    Underneath the island of Balor stirs a nerubian complex built by a splinter faction.
    -Hiji Hollow (Hiji) (92 - 94)
    The insides of the volcanic Mount Hiji dominated by lava elementals.
    -Halls of Life (Hiji) (93 - 95)
    A titan structure on Hiji once like Ulduar's Conservatory of Life has been corrupted by old gods and home to bizzare mutated creatures.
    -Defiastown (Plunder Isle) (94 - 95)
    A dark alleyway serving as a bastion for the Defias pirate gang led by the tauren Mr Smite.
    -Den of the Cold Eye (Plunder Isle) (94 - 95)
    A series of natural caves favored by frightening local fauna including giant basilisks.
    -Mount Mugamba (Zandalar) (94 - 95)
    Covered with snow and cold, ice trolls dwell on this towering mountain with totems chiseled of solid ice.
    -Suramar Ruins (Broken Isles) (95)
    Night elven ruins similar to Dire Maul. Enemies are orcs.
    -Izal-Shurah (Broken Isles) (95)
    Spirits of the highborne wander enslaved by demons.
    -Blackfathom Deeps (Ashenvale) (Heroic)
    Revamped for Dark Tide.
    -Zul'Farrak (Tanaris) (Heroic)
    Revamped for Dark Tide.
    -Sunken Temple (Swamp of Sorrows) (Heroic)
    Revamped for Dark Tide.
    -Gishan Caverns (Eye of the Maelstrom) (95++) (added in patch 6.3)
    Avoided by the naga, these caverns are rumored to house gargantuan sea creatures.
    -Lost Cove (Eye of the Maelstrom) (95++) (added in patch 6.3)
    Cove of ghost ships manned by the skeletons of those who fell into the maelstrom, "Davy Jones' Locker".
    -Pillar Deep (Eye of the Maelstrom) (95++) (added in patch 6.3)
    A terraced area with many thermal vents releasing steam and gas bubbles. There are hundreds of colossal column-like tubeworms grown on the acidic gas from the volcanic fissures.

RAIDS:
    *Tomb of Sargeras (Tier 17)
    Underground laybrinth full of demons led by nathrezim and doomlords.
    *Abyssal Maw (Tier 17)
    Neptulon's scrapped raid from Cataclysm.
    *Throne of the Dragon (Tier 17)
    Den of the proto-drake son of Galakrond. A short raid, like Gruul's Lair or the Throne of the Four Winds.
    *Zuldazar Plateau (Tier 18)
    Features an entry subzone with four bosses that later allows multiple paths of progression like Ulduar. Enlisting the aid of the faceless, Zul is revealed to be a minion of the old god N'zoth. Once defeated he retreats to the Emerald Dream. Raid faction is Hand of Rastakhan (Ashen Verdict / Avengers of Hyjal).
    *Eternal Palace (Tier 19)
    Palace of a twisted beauty and residence of Queen Azshara. The Earthen Ring cannot keep the ever-growing pressure of the Dark Tide at bay for much longer. Players venture in to stop the Dark Tide from sinking all of Azeroth. Split into four wings with two culmination bosses much like Naxxramas.

PVP:
    *Older battlegrounds redesigned to bring up to the standard of more recent ones.
    *Alterac Valley removed from random queue, revamped to provide a similar experience to it's original appearance. Frostwolf and Stormpike Commendations gained from completing daily battleground quests are used to purchase cosmetic equipment and items.
    *New Battleground: Greenwood Pass
    Igiarmpr's battleground concept set in Northeron. Factions are dwarves and high elves for alliance, forsaken and blood elves for horde. Wyverns replaced with Gryphons.

ACHIEVEMENTS
    *Glory of the Dark Tide Raider (Reward: Rainbow Plumed Proto-Drake Mount)
    *Zuldazar Plateau (Reward: <name>, Hand of Rastakhan)
    *Heroic: Ula-Tek (Reward: <name> the Godbreaker)
    *Glory of the Zuldazar Raider (Reward: Swift Bat Mount)
    *Heroic: Queen Azshara (Reward: <name>, Light of Lights)
    *Glory of the Eternal Palace Raider (Reward: Swift Couatl Mount)

Patch 6.1
    *New quest zone Amani Forest featuring serpent goddess Ula-Tek.
    *New world PvP and daily zone Darkspear Islands.
    Patch 6.2
    *New daily zone Zuldazar.
    *Raid: Zuldazar Plateau
    Patch 6.3
    *Naval battles, something like Archeage.
    *Kraken world boss, engaged via above ships.
    Patch 6.4
    *New quest and daily zone Eye of the Maelstrom. Players start at hated with the Mak'aru faction and must prove themselves against the naga.
    *Three new instances: Gishan Caverns, Lost Cove, Pillar Deep.
    *Raid: Eternal Palace
    Last edited by bohapjut; 2013-04-08 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Nice idea, but I dont think those would be the races. Another elf race is just too much, and I really dont see the ogres as a playable race. Instead the 2 new races could be something like:

Horde: Rebel Naga (Metzen said something that they would like to introduce Naga as playable race.)
    Mount: Snapdragon
    Alliance: Island Jinyu (little different from the ones from pandaria, but basically the same.)
    Mount: Hippocampus

Would go well with the sea expansion too.

Or not have new races at all but another class or two.

Also for instances how about:

Venture Company HQ (Undermine, Kezan)

You fight the thugs of venture company as well as hordes of goblin business men and lawyers. Last boss is the leader of Venture Company, Mogul Razdunk.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2013-04-07 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have been going on about the Emerald Dream for years, I wouldn't get excited for it.. Not for an expansion anyway.

Next expansion should be Virmen themed and take place in the warrens under Pandaria. We could call it Watercraft Down.
    If the fauna is even a fraction as scary as the bunnies were in Watership Down... then no freaking thank you:

... Not even a little.

Scarred childhood coming back to me now.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Anyone who has played the Warcraft 3 demo (or the scenario from that in TFT) should remember this. Anyway. As Thrall was crossing the maelstrom, they wrecked on the island with the island trolls. Sen'jin dies, they defeat the Sea Witch, blah blah blah. Anyway, as they were sailing away, the Sea Witch yelled out "Sail on, Land-dwellers. Flee! The Dark Tide is coming to swallow you all, and once it begins, there will be nowhere to hide!"
    And about 5 minutes before the end of the level, she says "Yes. At last the end draws near. Your deaths are only the beginning. Soon, all land-dwellers will be entombed in a watery grave."
    I actually think it's still too soon after TBC to do another Legion-themed expansion.

I would play the hell out of this. Nice ideas.