BM monk or Guardian Druid?

Not sure if this is the right section for this or not but didn't see a tank forum so......

Planning on re-rolling either a BM monk or a guardian druid and not sure which one to go with. Which one is better overall? Which is easier to level as? Which one is the most wanted when it comes to raiding (10m not 25m)? And lastly which race should I go with? I'm thinking it should be Nelf since the 2% increased passive avoidance is pretty good for tanks but wasn't sure.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Death Knight! :3

Made by the fabulous i4ni <3

Deleted
    Go Night Elf female!

As for the class, both are great. I'm maintanking as druid atm and have leveled a BM monk to lvl90. Their playstyles are quite different. I suggest that you try both out and play the class you like more.

EDIT: If you are starting to play tank classes now, I'd recommend a Druid for you as it's learning curve is much more forgiving than Monk's.

Paladin. That class is now redicilous, it has extreme damage and healing and it's quite simple. Same goes with Death Knight, but he is weaker (More fun from my point of view though)

Bear is good with his high dodge chance (but its so boring)...Dunno about Monk, i only know that his self healing is weak. Warriors are always good with their mobility and block.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    Paladin. That class is now redicilous, it has extreme damage and healing and it's quite simple. Same goes with Death Knight, but he is weaker (More fun from my point of view though)

Bear is good with his high dodge chance (but its so boring)...Dunno about Monk, i only know that his self healing is weak. Warriors are always good with their mobility and block.
    brewmaster is not about self healing. but all about your Stagger mechanic and your own buffs.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 tanks. Pally, DK, and Druid. Each serve a unique function as a tank. Druid tanking does still require some skill, but, when I switch from tank to DPS I do more damage going from Guardian to Feral than I did going from Brew to Windwalker. That is when I deleted my monk and never bothered to look back.

Go with the Guardian Druid in my opinion. The playstyle takes a little getting used to if you're shifting from a tank such as a warrior or a DK, but is ultimately rewarding. And who doesn't want to take on enemies as an enormous bear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Go with the Guardian Druid in my opinion. The playstyle takes a little getting used to if you're shifting from a tank such as a warrior or a DK, but is ultimately rewarding. And who doesn't want to take on enemies as an enormous bear?
    Agreed. Plus as A Tauren Druid, I had to go Herb/Alch for the pots and flasks. And let's face it... Tauren + Swift Flight Form + Gathering bonus + Herbalism = WIN FARMING

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I have 3 tanks. Pally, DK, and Druid. Each serve a unique function as a tank. Druid tanking does still require some skill, but, when I switch from tank to DPS I do more damage going from Guardian to Feral than I did going from Brew to Windwalker. That is when I deleted my monk and never bothered to look back.
    That seems a little extreme. WW monks aren't exactly top-tier this patch but we're not bottom of the barrel, either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faxedge View Post
    That seems a little extreme. WW monks aren't exactly top-tier this patch but we're not bottom of the barrel, either
    I just figure why waste my time with subpar DPS. Have never had issues as Feral Druid or Unholy DK. I should not have to suffer through WindWalker just because Brewmaster is not a horrible tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post

self healing is actually very strong, but very bursty. I can go from 5% to full within 2 globals with a crit. can only do it every 15 seconds tho