Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Which champions does Volibear counter top?

As the title says, which champions does Volibear counter top?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think he actually counters anyone.

Deleted
    i find him hard to counter solo top, harassing him feels useless since he has his passive and harass you for double your damage while you try to move him out

In his current state volibear is only really viable in jungle according to my experience ..

10+ Year Old Account
    A few people I've talked to have been saying Voli top is actually incredibly strong. Frenzy harass is strong as hell and he's great for assisting ganks. Give him a shot I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    He counters everyone who towerdives with his passive up. Kinda like Mundo with his ult, only weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelius View Post
    In his current state volibear is only really viable in jungle according to my experience ..
    I've played Volibear solo top. It's amazing.

I've never tried to jungle with him though. I might have to try that.

Deleted
    Volibear usually has a lot of health. HP Shreds like Nidalee (AD, pref. Those ranged AA harass....) or Lee Sin will be extremely strong vs. him.

And harassing is useless cause' of his passive, lol? Sorry, but that's the wrong way to go about it. If you actullay manage to harass him down to his passive, then you did a good job. He'll be that much easier to kill now.
    Lee sin also has a Att speed reduction and loads of moblity to just escape Volibear.
    I havn't tried it, but i can only imagine Nasus would do a good job as well.
    Always roll with ignite in a toplane vs. Volibear.
    Fizz. Healing reduction built in, lots of dmg vs. target with lots of missing health, LOADS of mobility to escape and much superior harassing ability in comparison to Volibear. A good Fizz should be able to NEVER get frenzied.
    It's also worth mentioning an MR runepage. Voli's ult+frenzy is magic dmg, and his auto-attacks aren't that scary, as Voli players never (and rightly so) get much AD.
    Heck, i can think of loads of toplaners who are stronger, like Riven, Shen, Jarvan, Wukong, Vlad, Warwick...

Edit: Seems i misunderstood the post and went with it the other way around .p

EDIT: Volibear counters Irelia imo. High hp to survive with true dmg, much more dmg from his ult than she has... Well, maybe it's pretty even.
    Other than that... i don't think he counters anyone top, lol.
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2012-04-16 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Heck, i can think of loads of toplaners who are stronger, like Riven, Shen, Jarvan, Wukong, Vlad, Warwick...
    This but why do people always forget about the amazing Udyr

Quote Originally Posted by Xelius View Post
    I play Volibear as a 0 cs support and do very well with my duo carry.

15+ Year Old Account
    A RL buddy of mine plays a lot of Volibear top and rips it up (he's about 1500 ELO).

Like someone already mentioned, ranged harass like Nidalee, Teemo, etc will counter Volibear. I feel like Voli does well naturally against just about every melee AD that could be at top lane. He will not pick Volibear if there is a Fizz, Renekton, or Lee Sin either.

Top laners considered "uber strong" like Olaf, GP, Irelia, Yorick, Vlad, Udyr, Kennen, etc...are pretty easily taken care of by a good Volibear.

Item builds can vary greatly, but I highly recommend going double GP/10 early on and turning top into a farm lane. You'll eventually make a Shurelyas and Randuins anyway (as your last 2 items).

You basically want Warmog's ASAP. He typically goes:

Regrowth + 1 pot
    Philo
    Boots
    HoG
    Upgrade Boots (usually Tabi, depends on top matchup)
    Warmogs
    Wit's End (nice MR and attack speed for frenzy stacks / scales well w/ his ultimate)
    Atma's
    Shurelyas
    Randuins

You can reach your final build very quickly at solo top w/ the 2 GP/10 items going into your final two purchases. After Atmog's and Wit's End you're an absolute powerhouse....especially if you do a good job at freezing the lane near your tower and free-farming.

You could sub out Shurelya's and grab a Frozen Mallet if you needed more HP and the slow...but Shurelyas is cheaper and is a huge boost for team fights.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-05-23 at 02:05 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Well I don´t think he really counters anyone, I don´t really see which champion couldn´t free farm vs him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Well I don´t think he really counters anyone, I don´t really see which champion couldn´t free farm vs him.

You didnt play against good voli then I've farmed a lot of 1600s olafs, irelias and other popular top picks

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

You basically want Warmog's ASAP. He typically goes:

Regrowth + 1 pot
    Philo
    Boots
    HoG
    Upgrade Boots (usually Tabi, depends on top matchup)
    Warmogs
    Wit's End (nice MR and attack speed for frenzy stacks / scales well w/ his ultimate)
    Atma's
    Shurelyas
    Randuins
    As someone who play's Voli quite often, I agree with the build, except for one change, I prefer an Ionic Spark over Wit's End. Makes for quicker farming and harder pushing, plus it goes well with your ult and the extra HP is always nice to add into frenzies damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

voli is extremely strong at top, the only champs that outlane me at times are really good riven and olaf players, any one else and my poke will destroy them

Strange. I coulda sworn people said Volibear was one of those "decent, but other champs do his things better"-champions, but now everyone says he's viable both top and jungle.

Will probably have to give him a swing soon, though currently I'm having enough fun with Darius and Swain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    You didnt play against good voli then I've farmed a lot of 1600s olafs, irelias and other popular top picks
    One does have to tell me how an Olaf can't easily win trades? Sure frenzy hurts, but Reckless Swing just melts your face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    One does have to tell me how an Olaf can't easily win trades? Sure frenzy hurts, but Reckless Swing just melts your face.
    Volibear has more sustainable damage and can deal far more in a trade unless it's just an "instant cast one ability and run away" trade. Which with Volibear.. you can't really just run away from him very easily.

I think he's underrated, and one of his current strengths is that no one really knows how to play against him.

The times I've seen him lately, though, he's incredible in game, but has fallen off late (though this is probably largely due to players building him full health and no mitigation, then engaging poorly).

everyone. volibear is #1