Deleted

[TV] Streaming TV Tokyo

Does anyone have a link or a way to watch TV Tokyo live? doesn't matter if it's in media player or browser etc.

Moved to the C/TV/M/B forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    The subscription service WIST TV offers HD quality streaming of live and previously recorded Japanese TV. It's completely legal, as it's essentially a Japanese Netflix and Hulu Plus; though you'll either have to understand Japanese, or use a translator to sign up as there's no English version of the website. Not bad for $30/month once you're setup though. Personally, I haven't used it but a friend of mine uses it to watch some shows on TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System), FujiTV, and NHK.

The only other alternatives I knew of that were free, have all been abandoned or shutdown. One of them being TVAnts, which was a project that offered online streams from around the world, so channels weren't limited to just Asia, though the most popular channel sources came from China, Korea, and Japan. But the master server containing the channel list has been shutdown, as have most of all the alternative servers.

There was another program made by one of the Japanese ministries ran a project to broadcast Japanese networks for free through a program called KeyHole TV, though the original keyhole project has been seemingly abandoned by the ministry and there's been independent efforts to continue the project; either way you'd be hard pressed to find a download or working copy. Wouldn't recommend Keyhole even if you had a working copy, as the quality is limited to 240p (lowest youtube quality) and can't be resized or offered in higher resolutions.

The online subscription one I linked has been the only alternative I've seen that's suitable for online streaming.
    Last edited by Anshinritsumai; 2013-04-05 at 03:32 AM.