Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Character transfers and faction changes price changing?

I heard a rumor that Blizz was going to start lowering the costs of their server transfers and faction changes. Has anyone else heard this? I can't find any official info on this...which prob means that it is simply a rumor. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigs79 View Post
    I heard a rumor that Blizz was going to start lowering the costs of their server transfers and faction changes. Has anyone else heard this? I can't find any official info on this...which prob means that it is simply a rumor. Thank you.
    Not rumor, but what the details are yet, no-one knows.. i'll find the link..

I think it is just a rumor.

Edit: Apparently not, according to the guy on top of me but I haven't seen any blues or anything about this recently.

http://realm-maintenance.com/2013/03...crawler-recap/

"They are investigating ways to allow people transfer all of their characters from one realm to another as one way to handle the issue of low pop realms."

ok, perhaps it wasnt quite what i was thinking.. you get to move all your chars for reduced rate, hurrah!!!.. to a dead realm?.. /facepalm

If it was to pay one price for as many from realm a to b then its great idea.. but at the moment it looks like daft idea.. guess we will know more soon(tm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehgypsy View Post
    http://realm-maintenance.com/2013/03...crawler-recap/

"They are investigating ways to allow people transfer all of their characters from one realm to another as one way to handle the issue of low pop realms."

ok, perhaps it wasnt quite what i was thinking.. you get to move all your chars for reduced rate, hurrah!!!.. to a dead realm?.. /facepalm

If it was to pay one price for as many from realm a to b then its great idea.. but at the moment it looks like daft idea.. guess we will know more soon(tm)
    No TO a dead realm. Here is what was said in that link:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    They are investigating ways to allow people transfer all of their characters from one realm to another as one way to handle the issue of low pop realms.
    Essentially giving the players a one time shot to make their move to a higher pop realm. This way, the players still have to come out of pocket and they get their wish for a reduced rate. This means anyone who choses to stay will, in fact, be on a completely dead realm.

To be honest, they really should reduce the cost of the optional services. The price they're at now was justifiable years ago, because that was the norm. But now MMOs are coming out that either offer these things for as little 5 bucks and other MMOs offer free server transfers (with some restrictions, but it's still free).

This is one thing I think Blizzard definitely needs to get with the times on. I understand wanting to prohibit people from race changing constantly for FOTM type of things, or server/faction transferring in places where it would make balance issues worse, but that issue can be solved by giving it a cooldown (the main point here being that the current situation isn't helping the issue at all, in fact that prohibitive cost of moving so many characters is making it harder on people who are less likely to abuse it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    To be honest, they really should reduce the cost of the optional services. The price they're at now was justifiable years ago, because that was the norm. But now MMOs are coming out that either offer these things for as little 5 bucks and other MMOs offer free server transfers (with some restrictions, but it's still free).
    Strongly agree with this, it's about time they reduce the prices of these things. Hell, F2P games don't charge anywhere near the amount Blizzard wants for optional services on their P2P game.

I only hope there's no strict rules in terms of eligibility for transfers off one low-pop server to a more populated one, such as being ineligible to transfer due to your faction being less populated compared to the other on your server, I think it sucks but I understand it I guess. If they do happen to go through with such a plan.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-04-04 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought yesterday a race change, would suck if its 50% cheaper tomorrow ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    They definitely need to change the current price for xfering to another server. I wouldn't mind paying what they are asking now to move as many characters as I want to a new server, but just for one... no way!!

Deleted
    The biggest issue from my PoV, I'd like to see Blizzard fix the massive faction imbalance on some servers.

A lot of servers one faction is completely dead, while the server itself has a High/locked population.

My Server has very little Horde population, not as bad as some, but enough to warrent my guild staying Alliance regardless of the faction change costs. Blizzard needs to incentivize guilds to move servers/factions before anything else but at the same time, put a realistic cap on movement (allowing more people to move to Kazzak horde for example should not be allowed).

Yeah, I just moved from a low pop ally server to a high pop horde for $55. Great decision. But leaving 6 other 90's and 4 more toons 85+ sucked. A 1 shot deal, one price (Even if it was $100) for as many toons of my choosing would have been so much better. Not going to pay $600 to move all my toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    I bought yesterday a race change, would suck if its 50% cheaper tomorrow ;p
    I'm thinking they read some of the ideas on the fan site and may use that pricing. $10 for the first toon at $5 - $7.50 each toon after that. I can see them keeping the faction change the same price, but am glad to see they are listing to the folks on dying/dead realms for bulk discounts. They need to make sure to emphasize a 90-180 day time frame for people to move. At least give them all a chance to take advantage of the discount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

This is one thing I think Blizzard definitely needs to get with the times on. I understand wanting to prohibit people from race changing constantly for FOTM type of things, or server/faction transferring in places where it would make balance issues worse, but that issue can be solved by giving it a cooldown (the main point here being that the current situation isn't helping the issue at all, in fact that prohibitive cost of moving so many characters is making it harder on people who are less likely to abuse it).
    The high-price point is set to discourage people to abritrarily filter to whatever realm has a popular person/guild/community. See the retardation that was Swifties various exploits on Darkspear. Not to mention the overpopulation in realms where major guilds are located. By making them 5$ or less, they are going to create more dead realms.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Was it not some Blizz hugebigdudechieff-man (or Activision) that said, if it would be up to him the migration/faction change services would be even more expensive?

stop playing for a few months and you'll get 1 char only free transfer / faction change

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    The biggest issue from my PoV, I'd like to see Blizzard fix the massive faction imbalance on some servers.

A lot of servers one faction is completely dead, while the server itself has a High/locked population.

My Server has very little Horde population, not as bad as some, but enough to warrent my guild staying Alliance regardless of the faction change costs. Blizzard needs to incentivize guilds to move servers/factions before anything else but at the same time, put a realistic cap on movement (allowing more people to move to Kazzak horde for example should not be allowed).
    I think there really needs to be some incentive in playing in small server/faction. Real, tangible incentives that most players would care about.

Something like cheaper subscription fees (1 dollars off) for being in that server/faction ? Or adding a free month sub fee when you pay to transfer to said servers/factions.

Simply merging low pop/unbalanced servers would be potentially risky, with character/guild name overlaps and destruction of server economy.

(now back on topic)
    A 'transfer with friends!' feature would be pretty cool, which I feel is an extension of the existing recruit a friend.
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2013-04-04 at 03:35 PM.

Yea I'm definitely not an abuser. I simply want to move my toons to another server because my whole guild moved to merge with a sister guild on the opposite faction. I just want to play my characters that I always have without having to re-roll. I don't think I should have to do that as I have already invested the time in my current characters. I miss playing them and feel as if they are just being wasted away on the other server that I won't be playing anymore. I basically feel like they were all a waste of time.

Unfortunately to do this is ridiculously expensive. Server change + faction change = 50 bucks per toon. As a guild we never thought or intended to ever change servers and factions but times have changed and it is what it is.

I just feel that you shouldn't be penalized so expensively to retain use of the characters you have already invested huge amounts of time into.

Hell give me a full year cooldown before I'm allowed to transfer again. I'd be fine with that.
    Last edited by Rigs79; 2013-04-04 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The high-price point is set to discourage people to abritrarily filter to whatever realm has a popular person/guild/community. See the retardation that was Swifties various exploits on Darkspear. Not to mention the overpopulation in realms where major guilds are located. By making them 5$ or less, they are going to create more dead realms.
    Which might be a good point if there weren't already dead realms.

As by your own evidence, people already abuse it. The high price is punishing the many who suffer because of said abusers.

Just allow us to transfer one character per month to another realm if we want. Like how item restoration works. If we want to transfer characters faster, we can pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    No confirmation by Blizzard and I honestly think there is no way they will do it. I'd imagine they'd be more likely to implement something like buy 2 faction transfers and get the next half price, or buy 2 in a single transaction and get 1 half price etc etc.