Thread: Bandages and me

Bandages and me

Why are bandages not an item that you click on and gives you/someone a HoT? They are a heal that the one who applies must concentrate on. if the person receiving them gets damage they are interrupted, plus they have a cooldown in the form of a debuff. Other heals from professions or racials are a one click HoT (like herbalism or drenai) or items a one click heal (like potions). why is it that bandages ended with all the downsides and no advantages, are they designed to heal between kills when questing ( I use food for that). I just find that is more difficult to find the special/specific moment to use them than to not use them. So I feel like I wasted time and gold in a profession that gives me nothing much. Btw in my server bandages don't really sell (so not a gold making profession for me).

Because the point is you can stop someone getting the heal in PvP. If someone can bandage you should have applied pressure.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Therefore they are only really usable in PvP under certain circumstances? As I don't PvP .... Is it a waste for me?

They are meant to be difficult to use, as first aid is a secondary profession and isn't supposed to give too terribly much of a benefit.

I've used them in raids before in situations where you can't do anything else and there's nothing to interrupt you, nothing wrong with saving healers a tiny bit of mana. But those situations are pretty few and far between. Only one that comes to mind in T15 potentially, is during Lei Shen transitions - he goes to the center and becomes unattackable, and for most of the phase, if done correctly, you won't have anything to attack nor any pulsing/unpredictable sort of damage. But it'd be a very minor difference and not necessary in the slightest.

It's also very cheap to level up. No harm in carrying a stack of heavy ones around.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of using them is during a period of no damage, and when you are still stuck in combat. PvP is a good example - If I am at low health, and can CC someone and then bandage up, I will do so. For questing, bandages don't have much use except in rare situations where you are fighting a boss mob and you can't hit him for a few seconds, or if you are able to AoE CC a group of mobs that has you overwhelmed. It's uses are situational at best, but there are definitely times when I would consider using them. Atramedes back in Cata comes to mind, as does the few seconds between head spawns on Magaera in ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumbaya View Post
    Why are bandages not an item that you click on and gives you/someone a HoT? They are a heal that the one who applies must concentrate on. if the person receiving them gets damage they are interrupted, plus they have a cooldown in the form of a debuff. Other heals from professions or racials are a one click HoT (like herbalism or drenai) or items a one click heal (like potions). why is it that bandages ended with all the downsides and no advantages, are they designed to heal between kills when questing ( I use food for that). I just find that is more difficult to find the special/specific moment to use them than to not use them. So I feel like I wasted time and gold in a profession that gives me nothing much. Btw in my server bandages don't really sell (so not a gold making profession for me).
    It is actually a very old concept that was useful at one point of time. First Aid was probably useful till around WTLK or even before that. Its more of free Achievement points right now.

The mechanics suck since even if you have a HoT on you and you bandage yourself, you lose out on a heal and get the debuff. Not only that but with damage has ridiculous as it is these days, there really is no time and point in using bandages.

I've never known anyone actually buying bandages, since you actually need to be a minimum level in First Aid to actually use them. And if the person was the minimum level he/she would probably have a stack or more from simply levelling First Aid.

There are just so many things that are quite pointless right now in the game but still stick around. Especially 5 mins trinkets that increase your primary stat by 20 or 30 in the lower levels. They don't really do much, but it made all the difference during Vanilla WoW. It has a lot to do with scaling and HP. If you look at a person with heirlooms at the lower levels, they have no less than 2-3K HP. You get around 200-300HP from the low level bandages. Its quite pointless really.

Another thing, most classes have some form of self heals these days. During Vanilla WoW only healers or hybrids had access to heals.