Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like 3 and 4, rest are meh.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    When using the glyph to remove the elemental just buff frostbolt to compensate for the loss of waterbolt and give the mage a version of freeze that can be used while casting other spells and is not on the gcd. Problem solved and a lot of us would be much happier.

I suppose it would make the elemental rather redundant in pve but you would still want it in pvp.
    IMO the placeable frostnova is already OP as fuck.. since u already got the normal nova, i am strongly against this idea, it just wouldn't work.. in terms of balance.

Waterbolt is like what % of total damage? I remember mages wouldn't even let it auto attack just cus they want to use the nova.. talking pvp btw here.

10+ Year Old Account
    If recall correctly in MoP Beta, there was a minor glyph that put a tiny, cosmetic familiar behind the mage, of the corresponding element/spec.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    My favourite water elemental is the deep sea version. I don't mind the current model, but... It would be so cool if they were updated/glyphed as an option!

Deleted
    I don't mind either way, as long they reinstate naming the elemental. Revive, AquamusPrime !

Deleted
    I think a good idea would be something a long the lines of Glyph of Elemental Infusion. Where, as a previous poster suggested, the elemental infuses you with its power and becomes an aura around your character, still casting water bolt from the infusion graphics. This way, it makes it a little gimmik around having a pet out or not etc, but also means there is absolutely no need to rework any of the abilities or scale the mages abilities to incorporate the loss of the dps.

The only thing that would need to be overcome, for PvP purposed, would be the ability to kill it. Maybe make it dispellable or something a long those lines?

Halatosis

Get rid of it and roll the dmg into ours to ez.

Deleted
    If recall correctly in MoP Beta, there was a minor glyph that put a tiny, cosmetic familiar behind the mage, of the corresponding element/spec.
    That is Glyph of Conjure Familiar and it is in live, it is just that you hardly see anyone ever using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMonster View Post
    Get rid of it and roll the dmg into ours to ez.
    This is exactly my opinion as well, compared to other pet classes such as warlocks,hunters and dks our elemental plays very little part for us. To make frost mages unique I suggest that instead of having our permanent elemental they give the mage itself the water bolt attack, much like melees equality of auto attacks.
    Would give us the same amount of damage without giving us too much burst with a buff on frostbolt and not even more multidotting with another bomb buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    That is Glyph of Conjure Familiar and it is in live, it is just that you hardly see anyone ever using it.
    Because like all the fun things, it has a stupidly long cooldown for minimal gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sign me up for the smallest spec possible. The water elemental always seems to know where I want to click =\

Whoa! I just was also thinking the same thing. Changing the look of the elemental something imo more bearable >.>. I imagined yes alternating between the various water elementals. Thinking those cata ones with some updates could be neat, or the pandaran ones. Other options could be slimes or those mana wyrms, but doubtful since the prettier Northrend ones became hunter pets a few patches ago, perhaps maybe with this tiers theme, mages can get hydras.
    Last edited by vriska; 2013-04-14 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    I am for this!
    Size isn't everything!
    Me too, tiny little ball of water all the way

After that I'll go with the pandaren version.