Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    The world first guilds spend what...40 or more hours a week during progression and using really wonky strats to kill the bosses. Execution is a part of that...but blind RNG luck is more important with that amount of attempts. There will be large differences in a full crit, full haste, breakpoint du jour -> crit build, even with just basic play like Total was saying. Stop acting like there isn't. Play style matters yes...but beyond play style stats matter.
    Ofc stats matter to a certain extend. It's pretty obvious that haste or crit is better than mastery , because the MW mastery is unreliable and doesn't add anything to our normal spell other than increased chance to spawn. But from what I've seen, people think it's really complex and are trying to calculate things that , in the end imho, doesn't matter nor have a huge impact on the result in terms of execution. And just as you said. Blind RNG luck is a huge factor which you can't predict which even proves my point even further. In depth theory crafting , as I've said before and before that etc etc, really only matters for dps since their execution is easier to predict than a healers. Tell me Im wrong on that point. Calculating breakpoints for extra ticks and such is ofc needed so that people know what rating they need to get to get that extra tick. But determine if it's better or not for you as an idividual without knowing your set comp as well as the ability of your fellow healers is something you can't calculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Just wanted to point that out before declaring this tangent officially over. Going into a thread asking a specific theorycrafting question and saying "LOL DOESN'T MATTER UNLESS UR GOOD" really only serves to derail the thread. The rest of us all know the value in the numbers, so this is the last time in this thread that I'll mention it.
    I was indeed using my wording abit too extreme, but the point still stands. Thanks for putting words in my mouth btw, that's what beeing a good sport is all about! Would you mind actually reading what I write in the posts instead of just spouting out bullshit please? There comes a point where further theorycrafting regarding healing, become ridiculous when you don't have all of the sources required, LIKE I HAVE SAID A MILLION T IMES, RAID setup as well as the competens of the other healers. If you are saying that Im wrong in this regard, then I seriously doubt you will ever understand how this game works. Since it's not all about numbers. It's not a text based game. Stop thinking that it is.

Unless you are underperforming like mad, no one but you can decide if a change would be good or not when it comes to tweaks. That's what I have been trying to say the entire time, might have been in a stupid and retarded way but still. The thing I meant by mastery / haste / crit. If you are new it won't make a huge difference as you will most likely fuck up alot. once you get better u learn what works and you will eventually figure out what works best for you. Relying on other people to hold your hand in that regard is not something that I think will work.

In the end, it's mostly theories and not actual facts, unless you take into consideration the things that I've been trying to push forward as important factors. Which you guys, most of the time, are ignoring.
    Last edited by nowish; 2013-04-07 at 06:47 PM.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3