Help Me Priest Forum, You're My Only Hope.

Alright so I just made the switch from my resto shaman to my holy priest. I did alright I think but I need some help. I'm going to include what I'm doing (basically) and my logs from last night.

WOL Link

Armory Link

As you can see i'm relatively low on output. I'm having mana problems as well.

Currently I'm doing the following:
    1) Using POM on cooldown. I'm typically putting it on the tank who has the boss. Is there a better target? Especially when I get a free one on proc?
    2) Pop shadowfiend guy at about 90% mana and then on CD for the rest of the fight. If there is a lull I try to line it up w/ hymn of hope.
    3) Circle of Healing as long as there are 4 people who have some healing needed and there isnt a big incoming spike.
    4) Cascade before any spike or if there is a good amount of healing needed.
    5) Renew or Heal single target damage.
    6) Try to have renew rolling on tanks.
    7) Keep my lightwell down, i put it out there basically as soon as the trash is cleared so the CD will be back up earlier.
    8) POH if 3 or more people in the group need a heal.

Please help. Any input is appreciated!

Have you read my guide? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Raiding-Guide

PoM on cooldown isn't necessarily right. If it still has 4 stacks on someone, then don't throw out another. Especially when you get 2pc. Watching your PoM is more important than throwing it on CD.

Cascade isn't always the best, try using Divine Star on fights where you can hit a handful of people or you're stacked. It's generally higher HPS and easier on mana.

Renew on tanks is great when you have mana, but honestly isn't going to make or break your tanks staying alive, you can cut some mana here. Also, especially if you're using Renew glyph, as you're casting it way too often to keep it up, and this is a pretty large mana drain.

DI is not a "free proc" you still spend mana on it. Use this one anyone with damage taken, or someone that is near other people.

Reforge all crit to mastery.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Oh yes I read your post. What do you use to track stacks of POM?[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 06:02 PM ----------

I'm using a Vuhdo icon but its super hard to see it bounce. Any suggestions on a better way?
    Last edited by rmlunsford; 2013-04-04 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rmlunsford View Post
    Oh yes I read your post. What do you use to track stacks of POM?[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 06:02 PM ----------

I'm using a Vuhdo icon but its super hard to see it bounce. Any suggestions on a better way?
    i use Prayer of mending tracker

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pray...ending-tracker

One more thing, why do you say "if it still has 4 stacks"? Is there an amount of stacks at which I should be reapplying?

One more thing, why do you say "if it still has 4 stacks"? Is there an amount of stacks at which I should be reapplying?
    he was commenting on what you said about casting POM on cd.. the cd for pom is only 10 seconds.. it lasts for 30 seconds every time it jumps you shouldn't cast it again if there is still charges left. and damage is still going out.

Cool yeah I'm just trying to understand this one, really nothing comparable as a resto shaman. So basically I should aim to let it stay out there until it runs out of stacks. When would be a good time to "clip" it?

I use hot icon and hot bar to track pom on vuhdo. The hot icon shows the # of charges on the pom and the hot bar shows the duration left. Most use pom tracker, I'm just used to vuhdo. I actually might start using pom tracker in addition because of how important 2pc is.

Cool yeah I'm just trying to understand this one, really nothing comparable as a resto shaman. So basically I should aim to let it stay out there until it runs out of stacks. When would be a good time to "clip" it?
    You shouldn't really be trying to clip PoM (it is not a hot/dot). If there is constant raid damage going out you should wait for the charges of your previous pom to run out and then reapply to a low health target which will be taking damage. It's not about putting PoM out as much as possible, it is about understanding when PoM is the right spell to cast. If you're PoM is regularly expiring at multiple charges remaining you may want to evaluate what situations you're choosing to cast it and if you're choosing an optimal target. Some common damage patterns for PoM include bouncing it between tanks, ticking raid aoe damage, bouncing between debuffed raid members (think frostbite on council), etc.

Thanks Crzed. I really appreciate the input. I'm trying to understand the best way to utilize the spell as its mechanic is different than any other I have used.

Deleted
    Funny to see that I ain't the only one making a switch from resto shaman to priest

One thing I found helpful was to get up to the 4721 Haste breakpoint. You can probably do it with your gear ... so Spirit -> 4721 Haste -> Mastery -> Crit.

You should look it up, but there are certain ranges of haste at which the renew glyph is actually worse than unglyphed.

If you're having mana issues, replace glyph of CoH as well. 35% mana cost for 20% increased throughput (assuming there are in fact 6 injured targets).

What spells would the haste breakpoint effect? Renew? Not much of my healing is coming from haste in the first place and a lot of the advice seemed to recommend moving away from renew, especially glyphed. Also, did anyone have a chance to look at the log and possibly find some other issues?
    Last edited by rmlunsford; 2013-04-08 at 08:21 PM.

Haste breakpoints: http://talesofapriest.com/resources/haste-breakpoints/

And holy shit.. you're in Req... I was in that guild in Vanilla - and Calefax still plays?! Tell him Lexipie says hi, and to add me on btag Star#1760 :P

Yup Calefax still plays. I think the only other original member is Doomflama. I'll tell him you said hello and ask him to add ya!

Yup Calefax still plays. I think the only other original member is Doomflama. I'll tell him you said hello and ask him to add ya!
    Calefax was the person that got me to join Req haha... I remember Doom too! :P Thanks

Also, I guess my question was more focused on is it worth shooting for a breakpoint that doesn't appear it will have much effect on my overall healing output? Renew and Lightspring are so low I can't imagine another tick being that big of an increase?

Also, I guess my question was more focused on is it worth shooting for a breakpoint that doesn't appear it will have much effect on my overall healing output? Renew and Lightspring are so low I can't imagine another tick being that big of an increase?
    They really aren't that large of an increase. How are you healing? Mouseover macros/click healing is so much faster than targeting a player and then pressing a key and really does add up.

Mouseovers through Vuhdo.