Deleted

[Holy] Skada Heal & Absorbs

We had some Horridon 10m normal trys today, very casual guild, just joined it.

It seems that my healing/absorbs seem very high comparing to the other healers. Are they just slacking or is skada bugging?
    Because Normal healing in skada doesn't show that much Illuminated Healing. Heal&Absorbs usually shows double the absorbs.
    My RL said that no other healer can compare with a Holy Pally in this content and that nobody can get to him in Healmeters anyway.
    Every healer did average 30k hps on Skada Healing only with me at 35k until the third gate of Horridon. Screenshots didnt save somehow and i already resetted Skada but i did like 20 million more then anybody else on Heal&Absorb.
    So, Skada Heal&Absorbs bugged or whats going on there? Pretty confused right now.

We're healing with me Holy Pally, Resto Druid and Holy Priest.
    Last edited by mmoc64d2313849; 2013-04-04 at 09:41 PM.

I believe Skada Healing done was updated to contain IH. My Skada doesn't have a Healing & Absorbs component built-in by default anymore and I get IH counted in just "Healing".

As far as your RL's comment on Pally healers not being touchable, I think Disc Priests would disagree with you. Holy Pallies are very strong this tier, but not untouchable.

Maybe have your Holy Priest go Disc? Sure, you'll have extra absorbs, but might take some of the pressure off your group with more damage being absorbed.

Deleted
    You had to additionally download the heal & absorbs for Skada before it got included it seems. So its just bugging right now okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    You had to additionally download the heal & absorbs for Skada before it got included it seems. So its just bugging right now okay...
    Ok that makes sense. Regardless, without the extra download, you should still be able to have absorbs included in the Healing drop down of Skada and be just fine.

Have your priest go disc and atonement heal by dpsing the boss. Atonement is great on horridon since he takes 50% increased damage after every gate. He'll take a lot of damage from your priest which transfers into healing by atonement. In other words atonement on horridon - great dps, great healing

Skada healing includes the full mastery shields. Disc priests are stronger than holy pallies.

Skada Heal&Absorbs is double counting all absorbs nowadays. Get rid of it!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Skada Heal&Absorbs is double counting all absorbs nowadays. Get rid of it!!
    My skada works fine. It isn't "double counting" anything

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    My skada works fine. It isn't "double counting" anything
    Skada works fine. There was an old mod called "Skada - Healing and Absorbs" which now double counts absorbs

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use the plugin. It is bugged. Regular skada accounts for healing and absorbs now. It's possible that your other heals suck but I doubt that is the case. Disc priests still have us beat on a majority of the encounters but we are in a good place. I would say your RL has a bit of a big ego to make such a bold claim.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

30k hps on Skada Healing only with me at 35k until the third gate of Horridon.
    That sounds incredibly low, my group's usual HPS is around the 40-50k mark with me rocking a significant chunk more (in some cases double), with it being Horridon though, maybe the group was just executing it perfectly? If you interrupt/avoid all the AoE crap and the healers have good dispells I can see it being easily done with that low healing and you absorbing everything (My group is far from 'perfect' and I'm avoiding a lot of Wednesday raids to.. 'gear up' the other healers so I'm not sure what the minimum needed HPS is )
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-04-06 at 02:35 AM.

Deleted
    My RL said that no other healer can compare with a Holy Pally in this content and that nobody can get to him in Healmeters anyway.
    Tell your RL to take a look at the WoL rankings:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/hps/

Holy Pallies are strong, but definitely not above everyone else - especially not on Horridon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakto View Post
    Tell your RL to take a look at the WoL rankings:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/hps/

Holy Pallies are strong, but definitely not above everyone else - especially not on Horridon.

Yea disc priests definitely have the advantage on Horridon because spirit shell can be up for every dire call and there is a significant damage modifier for atonement.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-04-06 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdell View Post
    As far as your RL's comment on Pally healers not being touchable, I think Disc Priests would disagree with you. Holy Pallies are very strong this tier, but not untouchable.
    Sure, if you're bringing too many healers for an encounter so too much of the Paladin's healing is overhealing, a Disc can give him a run for his money. If that isn't the case, though, if you're being effective with your healers, Paladin HPS blows Disc and anything other than a MW Monk out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Sure, if you're bringing too many healers for an encounter so too much of the Paladin's healing is overhealing, a Disc can give him a run for his money. If that isn't the case, though, if you're being effective with your healers, Paladin HPS blows Disc and anything other than a MW Monk out of the water.
    Objectively I think Paladins are great this tier just because of versatility - they can heal almost any damage profile (tank, raid, spike, consistent) very well, even if we aren't as strong at spike raid damage as disc priests, or as strong at consistent raid damage as MW monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    No. Seriously check logs. There are fights that favor different healers. Horridon=Disc priests, Tortos=monks all the way.

Paladins are good this tier but to say they are blow every other healer out of the water on every fight is false.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-04-06 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Paladins are good this tier but to say they are blow every other healer out of the water on every fight is false.
    Exactly, and also I think at times too many of us (myself included) get caught up in HPS. Here's the problem, we're not DPS where everything, end-all and be-all, revolves around numbers. Yes HPS is important but you can't just rank healers in a vacuum based on it.