Has anyone else encountered bugged feathers on Ji-kun?

Hey guys,

I wanted to reach out here and see if anyone else has been experiencing a rather annoying issue with feathers on Ji-kun. On a 25N run this last week a few of us were randomly losing our extra action button feather at random times. Myself included.

When it first happened, I figured that maybe it was one of those "oops, I mashed the button too fast multiple times and it counted 4 uses so *poof*!"
    On our next attempt I made sure that I manually clicked the button once- leaving our first platform, flying up to our second, it disappeared mid flight and I just dropped to the main platform. This continued to happen almost every attempt to at least one of our raiders.

We blamed it on custom ui's, but this still happened after disabling addons. We blamed it on speed boosts (PW:S, Stampeding Roar) and it still happened. I couldn't find any info about this happening to others. I'm not sure if we're missing some key point or if this is a legit issue.

If anyone else has experienced this, please add some details here so I know I'm not crazy (I mean, I'm crazy... but not that kind of crazy).

-Q

It has happened to me a couple of times as well, once on heroic and once in lfr.

I have no idea what causes it either, but I don't think it happened to anyone else in my guild on normal or heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havn't seen this issue.
    Sounds strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Qana View Post
    Hey guys,

I wanted to reach out here and see if anyone else has been experiencing a rather annoying issue with feathers on Ji-kun. On a 25N run this last week a few of us were randomly losing our extra action button feather at random times. Myself included.

When it first happened, I figured that maybe it was one of those "oops, I mashed the button too fast multiple times and it counted 4 uses so *poof*!"
    On our next attempt I made sure that I manually clicked the button once- leaving our first platform, flying up to our second, it disappeared mid flight and I just dropped to the main platform. This continued to happen almost every attempt to at least one of our raiders.

We blamed it on custom ui's, but this still happened after disabling addons. We blamed it on speed boosts (PW:S, Stampeding Roar) and it still happened. I couldn't find any info about this happening to others. I'm not sure if we're missing some key point or if this is a legit issue.

If anyone else has experienced this, please add some details here so I know I'm not crazy (I mean, I'm crazy... but not that kind of crazy).

-Q
    I can say safely that there was (not sure if fixed or what caused it) that caused raid members to lose the feathers. I had this happen a few times, some guildies were also reporting it fading without any major deviations from what others of the same classes were doing.

I personally have never had this issue happen to me but several guildies have in both LFR and Normal difficulty. My guess is this is the new /afk Thrall.

Yes this happened to our Raid group tonight 25m. Using tank spot guide's on youtube. Group 3 had the issue only, and it would happen after the top middle platform above boss. One poster believed if you flew to high you would loose it. We have yet to solve the issue. The issue was happening to these classes, locks, hunters, priests, but we did not test everyone.

It's been happening in my 10man guild as well as i've also had it happen in LFR to myself. Something is wrong and i hope they fix it soon

Quote Originally Posted by Shoegum View Post
    Yes this happened to our Raid group tonight 25m. Using tank spot guide's on youtube. Group 3 had the issue only, and it would happen after the top middle platform above boss. One poster believed if you flew to high you would loose it. We have yet to solve the issue. The issue was happening to these classes, locks, hunters, priests, but we did not test everyone.
    Was happening to me tonight as I tried to get to the highest nest. I would not only lose my current charge of wings, but I'd lose the fourth stack that I'd saved up.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to other people, but at the same time, glad it's not just me. We were in there again last night, it only happened to me once, but it happened at least 2 other times to guildies. Here's hoping this is something that gets hotfixed soon! Though we were able to down her in the end, it was pretty inconvenient and made the fight a little harder depending on the timing.

I'd say that it could be something to do with the Icarus Effect, which causes issues if you fly too far up in the air... I was always in the 3rd group and hitting the highest nest... perhaps the error has something to do with this.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 11:15 PM ----------

Yes. Okay, so I think part of it is the Icarus situation I previously mentioned. I was always in group 3 and flying up to the nest at the very top center of the room is incredibly close to the "line". If you fly slightly above that platform, there's a good chance you'll lose the feather.

There could be other situations that bug this out, but I'm pretty confident this is what was happening to us, as it was usually group 3 affected.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has been happening to my guild too yesterday. 10 man normal kill.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Here is a video showing where the max height is.

"Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.

Whiped 4 times the other night in LFR because the entire nest team was losing their action buttons randomly (I don't think uses are limited on LFR?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had a feather disappear on me - guildies had though - but once, there wasn't a feather left for me to take on the first platform. We suspect that one of the small adds died too quickly or that an egg was bugged or something because even if it had been covered up by the corpse of the big add, I'd have easily got it from running over it , seeing as I ran around in circles so much that my hooves needed a blacksmith's attention after that wipe ^^

I lost the button in LFR once.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Never lost the button, but the Flight buff dropped once after ~5s during our kill yesterday.

As shown in the video above, you do lose it if you fly too high. Whether it's a really random and vague reference to the Icarus story or just a simple mechanic added to avoid exploitation, it's there.

Aside from flying too high, I've yet to experience the flight buff falling off prematurely, or the EAB inexplicably disappearing. I suspect people just aren't fully aware of the charges left or the duration left and just get confused when it feels like it fell off early. But eh, I could just be that lucky I guess.