Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    This is coming from somebody who just started arenas; This is my first patch actually being able to participate.
    I'm playing at 1850+ MMR.

Frost Mages;
    Deep --- > Dead.
    Unless I trinket I'm out. It's also cute when they frost bomb ontop of that so unless my healer is playing 110% I'm screwed; It turns into a laugh fest when I'm actually able to 1v1 one of these crappers or I survive deep. Nothing with this much CC should /ever/ do this much damage.
    Frost bomb also needs to go. Deep might actually be /okay/ ontop of the million other things if this were just straight up never implemented.

Hunters;
    No skill stampede. If they've got a brain they've got too much instant CC with no draw back to their class. (Minimum range gone? Haha. If they keep all that it should have been kept.) - The fact they can control, kite, deflect and have their pet do a large chunk of their damage was just asking for poor balance in the first place.
    No idea why they weren't nerfed into the ground like warriors were.
    One of my best friends is a hunter and she's just enjoying her free ride and knows it's too good right now.

Rogues
    Nothing with that much CC should do that much damage.
    Subterfuge.

Personally not having too many grips against S-Priest. Maybe it's because my alt is one so I know it's toolset but unless one of the above 3 classes are with it I don't struggle. Also not having too many problems against DK - Damage is comparable to warrior and I've never actually had a problem against a DK comp unless again - One of the above 3 classes are playing decently. I just force AMS and we destroy it.

Every single one of my complaints comes from the common sense balancing key of; "It should either be utility, damage or heals" - Too bad everything has to do everything and PVP's dying because of it ontop of a lack of participation. (In my opinion.)
    All I can say is thank goodness last season's warriors are done and we went straight to the damage department.
    Really, Deep>Dead? LOL, frostbomb deep combo is 50% of your hp if you stack resilence like everyone has..

Stampede is so easy to deal with. The amount of aoe slows/fears/stuns can sort pets out.

Also you kinda didn't mention what class your playing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    -Disc absorbs and CC
    Disc has the least CC. They have only 2 they can use on other players and 1 they can only use on undead creatures (is that what you are bitching about?)

Umm yeah anyway I hate rogues, but whatever. Blizzard wants them that way so doesn't matter what I think about them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    Really, Deep>Dead? LOL, frostbomb deep combo is 50% of your hp if you stack resilence like everyone has..

Stampede is so easy to deal with. The amount of aoe slows/fears/stuns can sort pets out.

Also you kinda didn't mention what class your playing lol.
    Well if you can get off full bomb with incanters ward and icy veins with glyph, in deep freeze, and with frost orb on top of that than you kill in one DP but that is almost impossible to set up, although possible. You would have to force all def cds from target, together trinket from healer, and other dps couldnt have any stuns peels up so, though you can still kill even if its not in one deep freeze and by yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    The massive flood of Instant CCs and Immunity Spells or Practical Immunity Spells now in the game.

Kill a Hunter, nope pracitcal immunity, reset button, practical immunity again.
    Kill the Mage, nope immunity, reset button, immunity again.
    Kill the Shadow Priest, nope immunity
    Kill the Warlock, nope practical immunity
    Kill the Paladin, nope immunity
    Kill the Rogue, nope immunity
    Kill the Monk, nope practical immunity
    Kill the Druid, nope because he plays with a mage or priest, IMMUNITY
    Kill the Shaman, Oh hey look he died, no wait SPRIEST LOLS INSTANT FULL HEAL, SWAP SPRIEST, IMMUNITY
    Kill the DK, yep he died.
    Kill the Warrior, yep he died.

These abilities which should be pulled from the game Shockwave, Cheapshot, AoE Stun Kick, BM Hunter Pet Stun, DK Ghoul Pet Stun, Deep Freeze, Deathcoil, Psychic Horror, Bash or Disorienting Roar or Instant Clone, AOE Blind.

Warriors did fine without stuns (and none of this prot war needs it bullshit either, Boss mobs are immune!!), Monks can lose their AOE instant stun, Rogues can use their 6s/20s CD kidney after garrote to tunnel down that healer, Hunters still have Root, SS, Trap, DKs could still talent a stun, Mages can suck a dick, Deathcoil hasnt been used defensively since I had mace stun, Psychic Horror is a stun on a separate DR and we all fucking know it, Druids dont need 3 instant CCs for FFS, Paladins dont need an AOE CC just like Priests dont need a targeted stun.

Then what else is griping me,
    Roots not breaking on damage when my talented root that has setup had to be nerfed to break on damage. If you are ranged you get to shoot people like fish in a barrel, but when I actually get a root on a ranged class it breaks on any damage.

My nerfed ass damage reduction, which is kinda getting fixed. For some reason Shadow Priests, Moonkins, Hunters.... all get 15% all the time and thats ok, but 25% on a class that cant hug a pillar all game and doesnt have an immunity was too much. Bullshit.

All these DKs in Blood Pres 100% of the time, its the exact same shit as a warrior being in D all game (yeah its less of a % reduction, but it also gives them tank level health and armor). Just like after that shitheel GC said its unfair for Warriors to have a healing debuff unique to our class, then he gave one to DKs in Necrotic Strike and one to rogues in Smoke Bomb. GC's logic for warrior nerfs only ever seems to apply to warriors.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played arena for the first time today i was a monk healer and it was 2v2...the matches with a enemy healer in lasted way too long >.< when i was against 2 dps it was basically yay we win before we even started >.<

Also just offtopic...another thing i noticed...it is incredibly easy to get conquest in arena..in bgs i usually have to play 20min matches for 50 conquest points IF we win -,- in arena i got 180 in like 3 or 4 minutes...i can't believe people say bgs require less effort than arena :S I also don't see why they don't add a random group type thing to arena it would make alot more people play it and even out the skill level for it >.<

All the instant cc aside, another problem "in arena" is the lack of knowledge. As I like to play with random players from trade and boost them every now and then, I keep seeing people who don't want to take the necessary talents to actually survive or to gem properly, and when they die, they whine instantly and eventually make forum posts about how things are unbalanced(such as rogue openers, mage shatterbombs, dk dmg etc).

The issue is that they are not entirely to blame, as if you try to look up a guide from a high ranked pvper you will most likely NOT find any updated, even on sites like AJ.

For example, for the last couple days I have played with people who didnt even know they should be gemming resi, DK that didn't know what conversion does, hunters playing without powershot, etc. Yes, those people aren't 2500 or glads or r1, but this is BASIC information and if you don't have it you WILL struggle.

So what I am saying is understand how arena actually works(again, no real updated guides anywhere) and then make suggestions and pass judgement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Played arena for the first time today i was a monk healer and it was 2v2...the matches with a enemy healer in lasted way too long >.< when i was against 2 dps it was basically yay we win before we even started >.<

Also just offtopic...another thing i noticed...it is incredibly easy to get conquest in arena..in bgs i usually have to play 20min matches for 50 conquest points IF we win -,- in arena i got 180 in like 3 or 4 minutes...i can't believe people say bgs require less effort than arena :S I also don't see why they don't add a random group type thing to arena it would make alot more people play it and even out the skill level for it >.<

random bgs are not really meant for conquest, they are for farming honor, the 50 conquest is a little bonus if you win, arena is meant for conquest

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, the main problems I've expected as a Holy Paladin is:

- Monk mobility.
    - Double Hunter Stampeede.
    - Abusive amount of stunlocks.
    - Chain CC, any combination where both have more than 1 repeatable CC (Repentance, Cyclone, Sheep, Fear)

... And the fact that my best survival against melee has been nerfed to have a cast time, Blinding Light was my main survival - other than having to pop a bubble and hope for no shatter/dispell.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    for me this season (well most of mop) is just the amount of CC, against some comps you seem to spend half the game CCd, you trinket something and you just cycloced again right away, or blinded, rooted, feared ect. be nice if pvp trinket get a few second immunity to CC after being used. ive not been too fussed with classes damage, im doing 2s, so i expect shitty combos and unbalanced play

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

I think the key to this post is that you just started today. I felt the same way with double dps (unless 2 hunters/locks/mages) Things drastically change when your rating gets near and above 1500. You see way less scrub teams and more geared, fotm comps. The first 2 weeks we spent casually capping conquests with a 3-1 win/loss ratio until this past tuesday when we went 0-6 fast, not even close. I litterally checked to see it I had the right gear on or if some suprise patch came out to buff dps. I play a Hpally and was caught off guard by the damage output in the higher ranked teams. I also noticed not so many healer/dps comps higher up but the ALL seem to have a rogue or mage (go figuire).

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    This is coming from a frost/unh dk:
    -Disc absorbs and CC
    You should be thankful about absorbs, unh dk's absolutely anihilates disc priests because of that mechanic...

The only thing that really pisses me off is how I cant play my character for a full 15 seconds because of the ridiculous ammount of cc in this game, which make classes with extra trinkets (BM huntards) really strong this expansion
    UNH dk's are also absurd in 2s

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    im still a firm believer that if they just deleted mages, pvp would be so much more fun.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    As a resto shaman:

Melees, just melees. I hate every single last one of them, some more than others. TSG for example doesn't need skill, just the Shado Pan 522 strenght procc trinket and they're just going to tunnel something into the ground. Same for thug cleave. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eziush View Post
    Wrong in so many ways. Man. DK hardcounter any disc team atm
    Unholy DKs might, but frost DK damage gets absorbed A LOT by discs. I can only do 3 obliterates in a row with all runes up = MAX 300k damage with all CDs up. With no CDs up whatsoever I was only doing 30k~ obliterates which were being absorbed 24/7. The only time I could get the priest low was when I had empowered runic weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinro View Post
    My main gripe is Monk's Ring of Peace combined with there 20 yard range disarm.
    That and Warlock's improved Succubus' CONSTANT spamming of sleep.

This coming from an Arms Warrior.
    Neither of those are actually bad.

Also an arms warrior.

I'd rather be sleep spammed than rooted all day.

Deleted
    Windwalker monk's ability to completely stop a caster from doing anything.

Spear Hand strike's blanket silence
    Ring of Peace
    Fists of Fury
    Touch of karma
    Damp/Diffuse magic

Absolute insane mobility and really strong constant pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    im still a firm believer that if they just deleted mages, pvp would be so much more fun.
    I feel the same way about rogues. Oh well.

I wish they would at least let you blacklist a class you do not want to face (kind of like in LOL where you ban champs from your games)...but if they did that then certain classes would probably never get to pvp except against each other *cough*rogues*cough*. =^.~=

I can somehows deal with everything else but CC-chains are just ridicilous. Pillarhumping is also annoying as fuck.

as a resto druid i must say that unholy dk damage is a bit over the top. very hard to heal through and almost impossible to cast any CC under dk pressure. frost mages dont bother me cos if u time ur dispels right they never be able to burst something. i must agree though that the tunnel fest i observe since mop launch is kinda boring and frustrating. i only do weekly caps atm =(

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    as a resto druid i must say that unholy dk damage is a bit over the top. very hard to heal through and almost impossible to cast any CC under dk pressure. frost mages dont bother me cos if u time ur dispels right they never be able to burst something. i must agree though that the tunnel fest i observe since mop launch is kinda boring and frustrating. i only do weekly caps atm =(
    Kite, fakecast or cc the dk :P