Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    This. Whats worse IMO is the fact that we only get 180 conquest for arena wins STILL. So that 2800 cap you have takes like 18 arena wins to get which if your a healer isnt easy to get in 2s.
    The only healers for who this is an issue are Monks and Paladins, since they need completely different gear sets to switch to their DPS specs. The other healers can just spec shadow, ele or boomkin and do well enough in their healing gear to cap. Just drop your mmr till you start winning and you'll get your cap in one hour.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    RBGs give waaaaaaaay too much CP limit, compared to Arenas, so lot of people, who dont like arenas, or play unlucky classes just play rbgs.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    I think a lot of what people have been saying. But I will also add that people are just tired of Arenas. I mean it serves no purpose. Blizzard still have not dealt with the win traders/exploiters. In fact Random BG queues seem to be very short, 3 mins or less. Also I've seen even the low level BG queues are shot compared to how long they were at one time 10+mins. People seem to be enjoying PVPing in random BGs without all the stress.

But PVP is imbalanced and that has not helped. I myself am having more fun PVPing lower levels on my Disc Priest. I can hold 4-5+ at one time healing myself and dealing damage.

But the CC right now is ridiculous. You spend most of your time in stuns/slows/roots/snares. There is no thought involved. Someone focus you, stuns you back to back and you are dead.
    Hasn't it always been like that xD?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

LAST season's 2/2 gear is better than THIS season's honor gear.
    It discouraged the baddies.

Deleted
    I think a lot of what people have been saying. But I will also add that people are just tired of Arenas. I mean it serves no purpose. Blizzard still have not dealt with the win traders/exploiters. In fact Random BG queues seem to be very short, 3 mins or less. Also I've seen even the low level BG queues are shot compared to how long they were at one time 10+mins. People seem to be enjoying PVPing in random BGs without all the stress.

But PVP is imbalanced and that has not helped. I myself am having more fun PVPing lower levels on my Disc Priest. I can hold 4-5+ at one time healing myself and dealing damage.

But the CC right now is ridiculous. You spend most of your time in stuns/slows/roots/snares. There is no thought involved. Someone focus you, stuns you back to back and you are dead.
    Are you playing alliance by any chance? The horde queues is always at least 5 to 6 minutes for a random battleground in current patch.

If giving my own theory of why it is dropping i would say its related to the amount of crowd control currently in the game, there is simply to much of it for pvp to become an enjoyable experience, it have high burst but crowd control levels which would suit a more slow burning gameplay then what we have currently.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-04-06 at 05:09 PM.

Stun before stunned; that is the law of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    on the other hand to play with last season 2/2 weapon for this season aswell and for the next season when the gear gets down to 496 ilvl i simply stupid , like most said not many care for raitings anymore if u have the elite weapon and u use it for 3 seasons if u have the glad title alrdy for hardly u find any challenges left in pvp atm

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's always been a joke.
    not true. best point was BC. before each class had 50 million spells.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

its pretty bad because for months(before Holinka was hired) things were going extremely downhill. warrior/hunter/mage completely broken overlords at the start of last season, and to this day hunters still being broken it takes the fun out of the arena.

there has def been a noticeable dive in population, but as Holinka is working on it and there will be new pvp stuff every patch(bgs, arena, world pvp) it should only go up!

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Or ppls who wanted a fresh start, or someone who didn't bother playing their beloved class becouse it was dogshit compared rest, or someone who wanted to switch class.

OT: Wow population generally took a significant hit, then if you factor that many don't even bother with arenas before getting geared through RBGs and those who don't do arenas becouse it's frustraiting to do on their spec ofc participation became much lower then in bc/woltk and even cata.

I left at the beginning of the season because i was pretty much burnt out from playing for 8 years. They're doing nothing good with pvp nowadays. I'm enjoying life without wow and its wonderful. I think a lot of people are leaving the game that are long time players. Its just going no where imo.

Wanted to add I play a warlock. After reading a bit of posts here and on AJ i'm glad I left tbh. SP are better than locks, thats really sad...

Even with previous imbalances participation was never this low.

People are burnt out and the only real reward for arenas is Gladiator.
    The increased conquest cap isn't the only reason RBG's are taking lead; It's the rewards system as a whole.
    The average player actually gets something out of it (Mounts and Titles) whereas in arenas only the absolute best get the mount and a cool title.
    And contrary to what a very small and whiny portion of the population thinks; That group of "average" (1750ish) players is what made arenas actually worth it back in the day; The less people playing overall = deader ladder entirely. Right now it's either people just capping or playing extremely casually or the hardcore/people selling titles.

Put rewards back into arenas and it'll get some people back in; But the damage has been done and it'll probably never fully recover no matter what.
    MMO's will never be balanced and unless they take out a large chunk of the toolbox for each class it will /never/ even be remotely close to balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Are you playing alliance by any chance? The horde queues is always at least 5 to 6 minutes for a random battleground in current patch.

If giving my own theory of why it is dropping i would say its related to the amount of crowd control currently in the game, there is simply to much of it for pvp to become an enjoyable experience, it have high burst but crowd control levels which would suit a more slow burning gameplay then what we have currently.
    Yes I do play Alliance.

However, I just feel people get more enjoyment from Random BGs, than they do from Arenas these days. I do know I do have a lot more fun in Random BGs than any other competitive PVP besides WPVP.

Arena has become too much about everything other than skill. There are too many FoTM comps that no skill can overcome past a certain degree.

Deleted
    I think its interesting that almost everyone in this thread is pointing to answers involving the PvP playerbase simply doing other stuff ingame... the answer is more likely the obvious answer... and thats the simple truth loads of PvPers have stopped playing altogether.

The proof of this is loud and clear in this thread... the PvPers who admit to quitting arena all say theyve quit the game completely.

Lets wait and see if this thread gets many posts from players admitting theyre still playing and just gave up Arena.....

Yes I do play Alliance.

However, I just feel people get more enjoyment from Random BGs, than they do from Arenas these days. I do know I do have a lot more fun in Random BGs than any other competitive PVP besides WPVP.

Arena has become too much about everything other than skill. There are too many FoTM comps that no skill can overcome past a certain degree.
    That's because it's more fun to use your awesome gear to shit on the little guys while slowly getting your caps than it is to actually try. At least, for most of the mediocre crowd.

MoP is complete crap pve and pvp. Subscription ran out and I never came back. Surf the board to see if anything changed but nothing really has and WoW is not worth my time right now or maybe ever again.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.