Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stand 5 yards from the edge of platform on the seam. Wait for purple and move to safe zone. Then keep moving to new area. That's really it.

To put it simply, when it starts you don't want to figure out where it's going to be, you want to look at where it just was. So when the disintegration beam and wall of purple shit comes up behind you, have a look at where the path is formed (you should see 2 paths cut out of the purple shit, and run back towards the beam and into 1 of the two safe spots. NOW you can start looking forward at where the maze is going, and follow it.

When he starts casting his DBeam, does he always face a specific direction (like, towards the door or his current tank, or something?)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    When he starts casting his DBeam, does he always face a specific direction (like, towards the door or his current tank, or something?)
    Always the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Always towards the entrance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, that graphic is incorrect. He will fill in the maze side first, then the closed side.

Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Just use a defensive/immunity cooldown as the maze spawns and you're golden.
    No. At least feral symbiosis divine shield does not stop the fog damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have a question about life beams.
    I read on here before that if you immune the life beam that you don't take damage and the boss doesn't get healed.
    I tried this tonight by jumping into it and iceblocking. I was still taking damage through the immunity and still gaining stacks but I didn't see if the boss was getting healed or not. If he was, then I'm to infer that the info was false and you can't cheese it.

We killed it tonight despite all this by just doing the normal swap at 2-3 stacks method.
    Can anyone confirm/deny immunity cheesing on this fight? I know it's not needed but if I can go above and beyond to help future kills I would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Change resolution to full-screen and set gamma to max - it help a lot. You eyes will have pain but maze are more visible to people who don't get it or start progress on this boss. Also turn graphics to lowest settings and partical destiny to low also.

Deleted
    When the maze starts to form, it will fill the room clockwise or anti-clockwise with the beam at the entrance. If it fills clockwise, then the safe zones will be on the left of the beam and vice versa for anti-clockwise. I found the safe zones roughly 90 degrees from the beam (melee anyway but I hear the ranged safe zone is much better :P).
    Probably just echoed what everyone else has said in here but I didn't read the last few pages so this is just my take on it from personal experience