Thread: 5.3 nerf shadow

5.3 nerf shadow

Hello there,

I saw the shadow nerfs with md basically saying the cast time will be increased and no longer able to use void shift in arena. These both are fine nerfs. But with what I am concerned with is that shadow will need a small self based defensive added to them to make them feel in a better spot. It feels as if most classes have multiple defense cds, where as shadow will just have disperse and a few small heals. Most melee and hunters can just sit on you and win.

I want other peoples opinions. please let me know what you guys think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I'd be interested in seeing Shadow get something like "Fade, for Shadow spec, now removes all poisons and bleed effects and makes you immune to them while active".

Really we should be immune to them all the time, we're not corporeal - we don't have blood, we can't bleed without blood, you can't put poisons into our blood when we don't have blood. It becomes really bizarre when you think about Fade - with Fade, we are not even a Shadow, we are the remmant of a shadow: how does that bleed?!

The alternative way to do it would be something like "For Shadow: While Fade is active the priest gains 30% dodge" - which also makes sense, as anyone who has attempted to deal damage to a shadow by hitting it with a sword will attest. I think people are less likely to cry about it if they lose their bleed/poison effects though, than if they suddenly see their abilities miss.

Loss of Void Shift will hurt shadow directly, but the real thing it will hurt is our comp synergy / utility.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Hmm, I'd be interested in seeing Shadow get something like "Fade, for Shadow spec, now removes all poisons and bleed effects and makes you immune to them while active".
    I rather have Phantasm back.

Shadow has been getting massive defensive nerfs due to their team utility. For some reason, Blizzard thinks squishier Shadow Priests means their team utility is less effective.

They'll keep nerfing spriests until our rep is down to where they think it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    They'll keep nerfing spriests until our rep is down to where they think it should be.
    So, in other words they're going to keep nerfing them until they're down to around where rogues were during Catacalysm (yes, Catacalysm), at which point they'll go "oh shit; hey Bob, shadow priest rep looks a little low, doesn't it?" and throw a legendary into the game just for spriests... :eyeroll:

For serious though, I'd love to spend a week behind Blizzard's doors -- even as just a fly on the wall -- just to see what goes on in their minds when they think this shit up. While 5.2 was on the PTR, Ghostcrawler tweeted that he thought the patch would make (s)priest #s surge, because of all the awesome changes they were making to the class / spec. I was all like, "oooh yeah, I'll be able to bring my priest down off the shelf again!"

Nope. Leveled to 87 and threw her back up there. Utility, defense, fun... all gutted. And to pile on top of that, it's not even a dot(-centric) spec any more; it's barely a shadow of what it used to be... (hah)

Spriests have entirely too many easy buttons in arenas to the point that it became trivial. God forbid the awful spriests I've ran into now might actually have to learn how to pvp.

Deleted
    hehe when I see a nerf: Insanity damage -20% I will say goodbye to Spriest forever and ever

The healing toolkit nerf was loooong announced prior to 5.2, i'm surprised it could last that long since the patching day.

Next in line: Vampiric Embrace. Something will change about it, dunno how, but a nerf is incoming no matter what. After that, some single target boost (and possibly, no more PWS as shadow).

Deleted
    But I still think its stupid that blizz done this: 5.2 patch note +25% SW:P buffs, 3 Days later, -25% SW:P damage, come on blizzard how many retard you got in develop apartment...

Deleted
    One retard is enough (see my signature). He also said, that Mass Dispell and Void Shift won't get changed.

If they remove VS from the arena they should also remove alter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    If they remove VS from the arena they should also remove alter time.
    This represents the whole problem with shadow priests. Shadow priests have a ton of team utility (good for ranked play) but their self utility is continually nerfed because team utility is too strong.

As a result, shadow priests suffer when they're not doing ranked play.

so, did they remove void shift for Disc priests also? in arenas and BGS? or is it just a shadow priest change. What i understand from the official patch notes is that it is being removed completely for all specs in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    so, did they remove void shift for Disc priests also? in arenas and BGS? or is it just a shadow priest change. What i understand from the official patch notes is that it is being removed completely for all specs in pvp.

actually buffed as disc. 1min shorter cd.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    actually buffed as disc. 1min shorter cd.
    what i actually asked is: is it still usable as disc in pvp? cause they nerfed it to 10 min cd for shadow but it's also not usable in pvp anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    what i actually asked is: is it still usable as disc in pvp? cause they nerfed it to 10 min cd for shadow but it's also not usable in pvp anymore
    Yeah, what stops it being used in arena for shadow is the '10 minute" rule. Being that disc and holy version of void shift is less then 10 minutes it's still very usable in arena. Slightly more so thanks to the 1 minute buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Discipline and Holy will still be able to use it in Arenas. Not Shadow though... because Shadow's OP, apparently...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

Really we should be immune to them all the time, we're not corporeal - we don't have blood, we can't bleed without blood, you can't put poisons into our blood when we don't have blood. It becomes really bizarre when you think about Fade - with Fade, we are not even a Shadow, we are the remmant of a shadow: how does that bleed?!

The alternative way to do it would be something like "For Shadow: While Fade is active the priest gains 30% dodge" - which also makes sense, as anyone who has attempted to deal damage to a shadow by hitting it with a sword will attest. I think people are less likely to cry about it if they lose their bleed/poison effects though, than if they suddenly see their abilities miss.

Loss of Void Shift will hurt shadow directly, but the real thing it will hurt is our comp synergy / utility.
    I like your second idea about fade, it fits the ''shadow'' part really well. IMO shadow is lacking that type of lore/abilities.
    I have my own idea about the tier with Fade anyway, I wrote it down somewhere but i cant remember where. I remember some post where I said they should nerf mass and void shift and leave Phantasme alone or give us some silence immunity for short duration. Now we got both nerfed lol.

My idea would be to leave phantasme they way it is, change AF to--> No longer has 3 stacks, now has 2 stacks and work like a placement freedom with or without speed boost. Cut the speed boost talent with shield and make it a silence immunity talent and THEN nerf mass and Voidshift.