Reforge/gem HELP. KINDA LOST

Hello there,

So I've been playing a lock since the beginning of 5.2 and I have a couple of questions. I'm pretty decent at playing my toon, and roll the correct addons for dot power and tracking for refreshes. BUT. First off, I'm not sure what to gem and/or reforge at my current ilvl. Sitting at 515. I know mastery was the main stat before our nerf, but now I'm not sure where to go. I feel like my single target is lacking. I'm rolling GoSup, sitting at 73% mastery and 13% haste. 9765 mastery and 5055 haste unbuffed. I see a bunch of locks leaning toward haste with goSup, and i see other ones full into mastery with GoSac. I'm not sure what to do. Any help? Could you take a look at my gear/reforges and lend any insite as to what I should do? Toon name is "boyscoutdoc" on mug'thol. MMO champ won't let me attach a link. Also, I know that the second haste threshold is 6k something and the 3rd is 9k something. What does the 5% haste from our boomy add to my haste roughly. 3k or so? So that would put my haste in raid at about 8k, which means maybe I could go for that 3rd haste threshold? But I'd drop about 2k mastery for it. AHH...which is the better stat!? Anyhow. Sorry if i seem noobish. Would really like some help and some PRO advice. Thanks in advance.

-Boyscout

Quote Originally Posted by boyscoutdoc View Post
    What does the 5% haste from our boomy add to my haste roughly. 3k or so? So that would put my haste in raid at about 8k, which means maybe I could go for that 3rd haste threshold? But I'd drop about 2k mastery for it. AHH...which is the better stat!? Anyhow. Sorry if i seem noobish. Would really like some help and some PRO advice. Thanks in advance.
    Not sure about locks atm, but did want to comment on this last part. Usually when Haste caps are mentioned it's with 5% Raid Haste added in.
    Here are some links to a table with breakpoints and what you need with and without Spell Haste buff (in case your raid doesn't have it.

http://www.totemspot.com/images/hast...uction.5.2.gif -- This one references the Goblin Haste Breakpoints for Destruction.

It is really hard to say. The only way to ascertain what to do is to sim, plot and sim again. Build different gear-setups with gems and reforges on chardev, import in simcraft, see what happens.

Of course, theoretical dps is that, and different fights may favor different stats anyway. But it should give you a good impression.

I'm around your ilvl, slightly higher. I'm at the 6600something haste breakpoint and also 75% something mastery. Doing the above, I found out going for full haste at this point until the 8ksomething hastecap would net me a 900 dps increase. (Assuming gosup)

From experience at least going for the highest haste plateau you can reasonably attain without going crazy with only haste gems is usually the best course of action. Note the 'personal experience' and 'usually' in that sentence. :P I highly recommend you check it out for yourself.