Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Except its not, which was thoroughly explained to specifically you, which you continued to ignore.
    Please show us the charity he made that people were donating to.
    Otherwise people were donating to a streamer who happened to be handicapped.

It happens daily, in fact most people asking for donations aren't being honest about intended use or the extent of their own handicaps one way or another. It's the oldest con/scam. I even fell for it embarrassingly a few times.

I say it's reasonable to get a tad miffed over it when it happens to you, but overall, it's about you, the conned. The scammed, the 'victim'. The ball is in your camp, the control is yours, to STOP being gullible. Just say no. Tell it to their face, what you really think they're gonna do w/ that money, what's really going on in their fake sob story, just tell 'em. It -really- phases them.

You know why it does? Why they don't expect people to wisen up about their bs? Because it's convenient to be gullible for most people. It's less confrontational, more politically correct. More importantly, it's mostly because people often feel guilty. Most people give in a naive hope even when they have doubts about true intentions/whereabouts, simply for their OWN benefit. They crave that "I feel better now, hey, I'm not such a bad person anymore, right? I've given [Who cares if the guy's obviously about to sneak out for a Coors Light in a paper bag the second I'm not looking]".

So how about this, folks. How 'bout you look at yourselves. See that thing that really makes you feel guilty? Is it because of some way you've been treating someone you love? Here's an idea : You could start by fixing that, instead. You won't have nearly as much guilt next time, now that you've gotten to work on your real personal self-pity/doubt.

Don't be a sucker. Don't be a victim - of yourself, of your own demons, in reality. Don't pander to society's losers to feel better about yourself. I do encourage helping, donating. BUT TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW. People you can follow. Friends, relatives, or better yet, organizations that you've done the research on, to see if they send most $$$ inflow to merely support the exhaustive bureaucracy/call centers etc of their NGO, or if they're for real and make a measurable impact in their sphere of humanitarian aid.

The very best thing you can do though, and of course that means it's the most challenging one, is to involve yourself, not just your money. Join an NGO. Found one. Become a program, one without corruption. Be someone's 'twelve step' pillar to be at the forefront of having helped them change their life around from a loser to a successful, functioning person. Then you can be proud of them, and you, for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by Planetarism; 2013-04-11 at 03:24 AM.
    >>> And then.. <<<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Please show us the charity he made that people were donating to.
    Otherwise people were donating to a streamer who happened to be handicapped.
    He was asking for donations to pay for a wheelchair which he said he needed but didn't. He said he was never going to walk again. That's deception and fraud when you're using that to convince people to donate money to you.

People chose to give him money and that is the end of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetarism View Post
    It happens daily, in fact most people asking for donations aren't being honest about intended use or the extent of their own handicaps one way or another. It's the oldest con/scam. I even fell for it embarrassingly a few times.

I say it's reasonable to get a tad miffed over it when it happens to you, but overall, it's about you, the conned. The scammed, the 'victim'. The ball is in your camp, the control is yours, to STOP being gullible. Just say no. Tell it to their face, what you really think they're gonna do w/ that money, what's really going on in their fake sob story, just tell 'em. It -really- phases them.

You know why it does? Why they don't expect people to wisen up about their bs? Because it's convenient to be gullible for most people. It's less confrontational, more politically correct. More importantly, it's mostly because people often feel guilty. Most people give in a naive hope even when they have doubts about true intentions/whereabouts, simply for their OWN benefit. They crave that "I feel better now, hey, I'm not such a bad person anymore, right? I've given [Who cares if the guy's obviously about to sneak out for a Coors Light in a paper bag the second I'm not looking]".

So how about this, folks. How 'bout you look at yourselves. See that thing that really makes you feel guilty? Is it because of some way you've been treating someone you love? Here's an idea : You could start by fixing that, instead. You won't have nearly as much guilt next time, now that you've gotten to work on your real personal self-pity/doubt.

Don't be a sucker. Don't be a victim - of yourself, of your own demons, in reality. Don't pander to society's losers to feel better about yourself. I do encourage helping, donating. BUT TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW. People you can follow. Friends, relatives, or better yet, organizations that you've done the research on, to see if they send most $$$ inflow to merely support the exhaustive bureaucracy/call centers etc of their NGO, or if they're for real and make a measurable impact in their
    sphere of humanitarian aid.

The very best thing you can do though, and of course that means it's the most challenging one, is to involve yourself, not just your money. Join an NGO. Found one. Become a program, one without corruption. Be someone's 'twelve step' pillar to be at the forefront of having helped them change their life around from a loser to a successful, functioning person. Then you can be proud of them, and you, for the rest of your life.
    That is an awesome post and i want to say thank you.

Am I the only person who read the thread title and thought it was about how a con man got religion and started walking on water?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    People chose to give him money and that is the end of it.
    Lying about being crippled for money is fraud, which is a crime. He's a con artist. If people who donated to him file police reports he can be persecuted. This isn't the end of it unless people let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is a huge scum bag, i bet he is shitting his pants right now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Am I the only person who read the thread title and thought it was about how a con man got religion and started walking on water?
    No I thought something similar as well lol.

I am crack up in my seat right now, that was funny to watch.

Although he still is a horrible person for faking that.

Quote Originally Posted by moodawg View Post
    Lying about being crippled for money is fraud, which is a crime. He's a con artist. If people who donated to him file police reports he can be persecuted. This isn't the end of it unless people let it go.
    False get a clue. Your statement was sillier than the one in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    No I thought something similar as well lol.
    lol that's exactly what I thought this was about too.

He purposefully conned people into believing he was handicapped, that they were donating him money for things directly related to his proposed handicap (e.g. new wheelchair). Judging by your post I'm guessing English isn't your first language, so here's the definition of the word fraud. Legally, fraud is one of those super-tricky terms that encompasses a lot of things of varying degrees of bad, but basically if some one intentionally deceives a person, company, establishment, the government, ect. the victim can press charges (generally for something like money, as is the case here). In cases like this, the sum of money he conned isn't worth any one taking him to court.

I don't quite care enough, but if you're curious I'm sure you can find plenty of interesting things to read about. Then you could have a clue. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the state. Which state was the guy in the OP from? In North Carolina it's classed as a misdemeanor http://law.onecle.com/north-carolina...aw/14-113.html

Also the reply in regards to the statement in your sig makes the people going on like that look like petty children, and reading the reply in that thread from Darsithis doubly so.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    He was asking for donations to pay for a wheelchair which he said he needed but didn't. He said he was never going to walk again. That's deception and fraud when you're using that to convince people to donate money to you.
    How do you know he didn't need it?
    People say a lot of things that aren't true.
    That is not fraud.
    You need to prove those people wouldn't have donated to a streamer and were only donating because he was handicapped. Good luck with that.

How do you know he didn't need it?
    People say a lot of things that aren't true.
    That is not fraud.
    You need to prove those people wouldn't have donated to a streamer and were only donating because he was handicapped. Good luck with that.
    Um...why else would people be donating to him if not for the reason he was handicapped?

if the guy said he needed money for a wheelchair bcuz of health issues then obviously people would donate for that cause. yes true we can't prove why people donate but by using the power logical reasoning it can be supported by the fact that he asked people to donate money for that particular cause. it seems unlikely people would donate for electricity bills, medicare,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    Um...why else would people be donating to him if not for the reason he was handicapped?
    The same reason people donate to any other streamer like reckful,sodapoppin,Kripp etc.
    They are providing entertainment streaming video games with commentary.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same reason people donate to any other streamer like reckful,sodapoppin,Kripp etc.
    They are providing entertainment streaming video games with commentary.
    Do they directly ask for money for their services? Do they, in any way, use deceit to get that money? Do they say they need that money?

The person in question here said he needed the money for the wheelchair, and requested donations based on that need. Faking a handicap to get money is a misdemeanor in some states and carries a fine if you are found guilty. He is clearly faking being handicapped on multiple streams, and it is obvious he isn't handicapped when he gets up and walks.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-04-12 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Do they directly ask for money for their services? Do they, in any way, use deceit to get that money? Do they say they need that money?

The person in question here said he needed the money for the wheelchair, and requested donations based on that need. Faking a handicap to get money is a misdemeanor in some states and carries a fine if you are found guilty. He is clearly faking being handicapped on multiple streams, and it is obvious he isn't handicapped when he gets up and walks.
    Saying you need a wheelchair and opening a charity are much different.
    I haven't seen how he asked for the wheelchair which would make a huge difference.
    Did he use the money to buy a wheelchair?
    In his stream he is in a wheelchair.
    There is no law that says you can't fake a handicap.
    Setting up a charity however for a false handicap is illegal.
    It really depends how he asked for the money for the wheelchair word for word.

The point is faking a handicap to make people feel bad for you and hope they may donate to your stream due to the handicap it is not illegal.
    Faking a handicap and setting up a charity for it is illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying you need a wheelchair and opening a charity are much different.
    I haven't seen how he asked for the wheelchair which would make a huge difference.
    Did he use the money to buy a wheelchair?
    In his stream he is in a wheelchair.
    There is no law that says you can't fake a handicap.
    Setting up a charity however for a false handicap is illegal.
    It really depends how he asked for the money for the wheelchair word for word.

The point is faking a handicap to make people feel bad for you and hope they may donate to your stream due to the handicap it is not illegal.
    Faking a handicap and setting up a charity for it is illegal.
    There is a law saying you can't fake a handicap for self-gain. I linked it earlier.

http://law.onecle.com/north-carolina...aw/14-113.html