Deleted

New Inscription stuff in 5.3 ?

Is there going to be something new for inscription in 5.3 ?

Not much to do anymore with a 476 weapon that is replaced within a week, a low-population server where everybody has the glyphs they need and the trinkets are not a "must have" anymore.

Maybe create a 522 weapon we can make ?? (where you need the 476 as part and need a minimum ilvl to use)

10+ Year Old Account
    I second this request! DMF cards are in the trash now that even new 90s can quest for enough valor to buy a 522 rather than wait a month between fairies. The only thing I use my inscription for is shoulder enchants and guild alt glyphs. Please help our struggling profession!

Huhwha? I can vouch that the dps caster trinket is still very good, even compared to some 522s (for elemental shaman, at least). Shoulder enchants will pretty much always sell, especially since we're still in the early part of this raid tier.

An option to upgrade the 476 BoA staves would be pretty cool, I'll admit. Highly doubt they would upgrade to anything better than what's available in LFR, though, so 496-502 would be cool. Doubtful this would happen, but hey, never hurts to dream.

Deleted
    No matter what,DMR trinkets always sell(on my server anyway).People are always leveling and I sold nearly 150 trinkets last month and I have got 50 more this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalyan View Post
    No matter what,DMR trinkets always sell(on my server anyway).People are always leveling and I sold nearly 150 trinkets last month and I have got 50 more this week.
    150 seems legit. you got 11 scribes or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayaar View Post
    buying cooldowns of frustrated scribes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayaar View Post
    150 trinkets would take 1200 cards, not taking into account you never get perfect decks, but always have cards left over. Even with 11 Scribes you'd only get some 340 cards made in a month, meaning you'd have to get a further 850 daily cooldowns bought from random strangers.

Also, that's roughly 12000 stacks of Green Leaf needed, which would take roughly 24 hours to mill and a further 18 hours or so to make into inks. You'd then still need time to trade inks and craft cards. I have no bad, rough, napkin-math to give an idea how long you'd need to legitimately gather 240000 herbs to be honest.

I think kalyan might have been slightly exaggerating when he said 150.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think kalyan might have been slightly exaggerating when he said 150.
    I know the major scribe on my server has 10 scribes, and he buys cd's at 75g a cd right now. The most trinkets he ever had in a faire was 170-something, and that is not an over-estimation. Yes, the time required is a lot. But when you make 500k+ (first fair he said his profit was around 1.9 million) a faire, it is worth the time investment!

Deleted
    I usually pick cards cheap from AH ,cranes(400g)tigers(300g)serpents(200g)oxen(100g) and i buy them all thru the month and you can ask any of my guildies and it was all on guild news .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalyan View Post
    I usually pick cards cheap from AH ,cranes(400g)tigers(300g)serpents(200g)oxen(100g) and i buy them all thru the month and you can ask any of my guildies and it was all on guild news .
    Oh, yeah that works. My server sucks in that respect though, which is why I didn't think of it, if there's no card on the AH they put one up at 3k or something silly, and then the slow undercutting begins back to reasonable prices. I buy cards here and there, for cheap, but it's unusual in anything apart from Oxen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to sell the shoulder enchants for some income, you are right they are a consistent source of gold..maybe not the huge money makers that jc provides but at least it is something. Thanks all for making me re-commit to the profession

I consistently sell 2-3 of the two 476 offhands from anywhere between 3-5k each week. Not going to make anyone rich, but there is still a market for the items. It seems to be the only part of the inscription market that our local auction botter hasn't gotten into.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
    Is there going to be something new for inscription in 5.3 ?

Not much to do anymore with a 476 weapon that is replaced within a week, a low-population server where everybody has the glyphs they need and the trinkets are not a "must have" anymore.

Maybe create a 522 weapon we can make ?? (where you need the 476 as part and need a minimum ilvl to use)
    Welcome to the world of engineers. D.E.A.L W.I.T.H I.T.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i made an 8k profit today only from shoulder enchants (with like 30 mins of work total)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    i made an 8k profit today only from shoulder enchants (with like 30 mins of work total)

they dont sell on my server at all :\ when they do sell its for like 100g max. im in 3 different guilds on the server, and each guild has a bank tab nearly filled with shoulder enchants

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Welcome to the world of engineers. D.E.A.L W.I.T.H I.T.

wish they would make new goggles each tier :<

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Oh, yeah that works. My server sucks in that respect though, which is why I didn't think of it, if there's no card on the AH they put one up at 3k or something silly, and then the slow undercutting begins back to reasonable prices. I buy cards here and there, for cheap, but it's unusual in anything apart from Oxen.

ive had a few serpent cards since near start of mop, cant sell them :\ i even got desperate and listed them for like 20g each a few times, serpent cards just dont sell for some reason. any other cards sell alright, not amazing right now but sell alright, but i just cant sell anything serpent for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    they dont sell on my server at all :\ when they do sell its for like 100g max. im in 3 different guilds on the server, and each guild has a bank tab nearly filled with shoulder enchants

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 10:55 PM ----------

wish they would make new goggles each tier :<

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 10:57 PM ----------

ive had a few serpent cards since near start of mop, cant sell them :\ i even got desperate and listed them for like 20g each a few times, serpent cards just dont sell for some reason. any other cards sell alright, not amazing right now but sell alright, but i just cant sell anything serpent for some reason.
    Regarding the serpent cards...that is strange, considering the caster trinket is really strong for it's ilvl, as in "you won't replace it until you get a ToT trinket" strong.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    anyway i'd be happy to have a method to craft something worth with the Scrolls of Wisdom, i have like 100 of them between 3 alts and they're good for nothing (cards/trinkets don't sell on my server, most of players don't have alts and are active raiders, so don't need them anymore)