Page 3 of 348 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Simply amazing, GOTD incoming!

They make Triss look better every game
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    The sex scenes are going to be incredible with those graphics!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Simply amazing, GOTD incoming!
    I despise when people say things like that, if the game is anything less then like a 95/100 people are going to call it a complete failure lol.
    You're a towel.

Well let's hope it really delivers and gets an actual 9.9 or 10 perhaps even 11!

Deleted
    aaaand my pants are ruined. THANKS CDPR. HUH!
    <3

Pre-order The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com and get:

A$89.99 A$80.99
    YOU SAVE A$9.00 (10%)
    PRE-ORDER NOW
    100% DRM-FREE game
    Satisfaction of supporting CD Projekt RED & GOG.com
    Fair Price Package (you’ll get $21.97 back)
    Exclusive bonus content

Since the price in your region is almost $21.97 higher than in the US, we’re giving you $21.97 back (~A$23.85) in bonus codes to get free classic games from GOG.com
    Can I just point out how awesome that ^ is.

I'm quietly excited for it, ciri and yennifer both in that trailer. RIP lots of people's hardware though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

I hope they got the combat right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    I hope they got the combat right this time.
    I really liked the combat in 2 except for the boss fights. Every boss essentially had a sign it was weak against, and if you didn't use that sign you were at a severe disadvantage, and if you did the game practically played itself. If the boss fights were a little more dynamic I wouldn't have had many issues with the game. Though I seem to recall the start not playing that well, but it was good once you got some more abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I really liked the combat in 2 except for the boss fights. Every boss essentially had a sign it was weak against, and if you didn't use that sign you were at a severe disadvantage, and if you did the game practically played itself. If the boss fights were a little more dynamic I wouldn't have had many issues with the game. Though I seem to recall the start not playing that well, but it was good once you got some more abilities.
    My only issue with Witcher 2 was rolling. It felt unnatural. The combat rebalance mod added FREAKING PIROUETTES, which were much more awesome, and felt right in place with a witcher combat style. However, FCR added many more things I just didn't like so I ended up removing it. I also never got into W2 modding enough to see if I could just replace the animation for the roll.

Witcher 2 combat was better than 1 but still terrible. Compare Witcher rolling to Souls rolling. You can dodge in almost any direction in Souls if timed right, you can dodge like backwards in Witcher and not get hit, sometimes. That "Draug" boss in Witcher 2, his weapon's hitbox is so bad it's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

GOTY 2015, calling it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    The sex scenes are going to be incredible with those graphics!

The Witcher 3(Some), Spring 2015.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Eh? Is that Yennifer?

Deleted
    That trailer gave me shivers down my spine, Dragon age isn't even going to get a look in for me now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Oh Snap its a Love Triangle.
    You say this but let's be real, there's totally going to be a threesome. I mean it's the Witcher that's pretty much guaranteed.

OT: Looks like they finally fixed/perfected the combat system, not to mention the presentation was amazing. Yeah this will definitely give Dragon Age: Inquisition a hard time. I'm definitely getting this I want to know how the story ends; gonna have to replay the first two games to remember it's been a while.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unpopular opinion incoming!

I'm really iffy on the trailer, because it's giving me the same vibes the Witcher 2 gave me, and the Witcher before it. I think it's a great world and what bits and pieces I got from the story was interesting (I haven't finished either game) but...I can't help but...well, rather than writing a huge wall of text here is a review that I for the most part agree with. Maybe it's the pacing or the dialogue but while the story itself is interesting, the storytelling is lacking.

Maybe I'm too much of a romantic or maybe I'm too easily offended but also having sex with women and collecting cards in the first game upset me. In the second game you had R sex scenes that were extremely awkward imo and didn't flow well (Triss scene anyone). The Mass Effect scenes in comparison were a lot more emotional and romantic so I was okay with them.

Gonna keep my eye on it because I always thought the world was interesting and I love me a good open world RPG but I really think this series is not meant for me.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Unpopular opinion incoming!

I'm really iffy on the trailer, because it's giving me the same vibes the Witcher 2 gave me, and the Witcher before it. I think it's a great world and what bits and pieces I got from the story was interesting (I haven't finished either game) but...I can't help but...well, rather than writing a huge wall of text here is a review that I for the most part agree with. Maybe it's the pacing or the dialogue but while the story itself is interesting, the storytelling is lacking.

Maybe I'm too much of a romantic or maybe I'm too easily offended but also having sex with women and collecting cards in the first game upset me. In the second game you had R sex scenes that were extremely awkward imo and didn't flow well (Triss scene anyone). The Mass Effect scenes in comparison were a lot more emotional and romantic so I was okay with them.

Gonna keep my eye on it because I always thought the world was interesting and I love me a good open world RPG but I really think this series is not meant for me.

like, 95% of the sex scenes are with random prostitutes in whore houses. They aren't supposed to be Romantic. And the one main sex scene with Triss if I recall was in an underground elven spring/bath with roses everywhere and echos and sappy music. Sounds pretty romantic to me. (From what I can remember anyways). If you got offended by the other sex scenes in the Witcher 2, that is your own fault for paying prostitutes to get them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    like, 95% of the sex scenes are with random prostitutes in whore houses. They aren't supposed to be Romantic. And the one main sex scene with Triss if I recall was in an underground elven spring/bath with roses everywhere and echos and sappy music. Sounds pretty romantic to me. (From what I can remember anyways). If you got offended by the other sex scenes in the Witcher 2, that is your own fault for paying prostitutes to get them.
    Yup, it's pretty obvious which conversation options are going to spring a sex scene, you have to be one flirtatious MF if you are getting them that often.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yup, it's pretty obvious which conversation options are going to spring a sex scene, you have to be one flirtatious MF if you are getting them that often.
    There's not enough sex scenes. NOT ENOUGH I SAID! :P
    My Geralt is almost always a sex junkie

Deleted
    Dat Yennefer o_O

I wonder if either of them would ever agree to a relationship triangle, considering everything they've been through (both literally and emotionally) and how liberal sorceresses and witchers are. I can't imagine Geralt being able to make a choice, not the Geralt I played anyway :P

Also, damn CDProjekt for making me require a change of pants every time they release something.