Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I like you a lot
    The pleasure is mine
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Don't really understand what your issue is. If someone wants to play on the easiest settings, there's nothing wrong with that. Watching someone else play a game is not the same as playing it yourself. Not everyone is interested in the challenge.
    Indeed. Some games i'll play on harder difficulties, such as Racing Games. I accel at them, so it is more fun to have some kind of a challenge. But some other games, especially story driven ones, I may not want the stress of playing on harder difficulties.

Nothing wrong with playing either way.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok after playing this game so much and over 300+ hours already in the pc I finally decided to play on Death March difficulty which I never played before haha. :P

I just defeated Nithral the first main boss. So anything I should know that is related to that difficulty other than of course that we can't get healed while meditation and stuff?

Witcher 3 is one of those games you want to play on a harder difficulty. Its not an elitest thing, but the game works better when you cant outlevel/outgear it so quickly and more missions feel dangerous.

I just wish the combat felt better to play. Its so close to being a perfect game

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Ok after playing this game so much and over 300+ hours already in the pc I finally decided to play on Death March difficulty which I never played before haha. :P

I just defeated Nithral the first main boss. So anything I should know that is related to that difficulty other than of course that we can't get healed while meditation and stuff?
    Yes. There is a feat tax, buy the one which gives you food for 20 minutes or something stupidly long and never ever use any elixirs to regain health. Presto, you now passively regenerate health consuming water or eating bread.

Also, Witcher higher difficulties are bonkers and totally break the immersion for me, when my elite monster slayer spend minutes slashing naked chest deserters. Yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Witcher 3 is one of those games you want to play on a harder difficulty. Its not an elitest thing, but the game works better when you cant outlevel/outgear it so quickly and more missions feel dangerous.

I just wish the combat felt better to play. Its so close to being a perfect game
    It is and you will regardless of difficulty. The most irritating thing about it that there is a feat tax for regenerating health and exp is not hampered by difficulty. Non dlc bosses are also dodge, dodge, dodge, slash, slash, repeat from first dodge regardless of difficulty.

There is also no inheritated "danger" because you create alchemy build which is immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post

It is and you will regardless of difficulty. The most irritating thing about it that there is a feat tax for regenerating health and exp is not hampered by difficulty. Non dlc bosses are also dodge, dodge, dodge, slash, slash, repeat from first dodge regardless of difficulty.

There is also no inheritated "danger" because you create alchemy build which is immortal.
    Alchemy build is op so I dont go it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Alchemy build is op so I dont go it.
    You can also go bomb build and annihilate everything up to medium new game+. And in new game+ you can go heavy bear armor with cat weapons, change armor type to light and still annihilate everything with light attacks build, while having immortality of a full tank.

Point is, there are tons of builds to destroy any semblance of difficulty, which mostly is that you health regen need a feat tax and that naked, forest dwelling hobos take forever to kill.

Also, do you also on purpose do not use best equipment available because it can be op?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also go bomb build and annihilate everything up to medium new game+. And in new game+ you can go heavy bear armor with cat weapons, change armor type to light and still annihilate everything with light attacks build, while having immortality of a full tank.

Point is, there are tons of builds to destroy any semblance of difficulty, which mostly is that you health regen need a feat tax and that naked, forest dwelling hobos take forever to kill.

Also, do you also on purpose do not use best equipment available because it can be op?
    Funny thing after all of the long long hours I have put in the game I never ever tried playing as an alchemy build.

I think I will do it for this first time death march difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account

Damn for a second I thought this was official.

Gonna finally buy the DLC this weekend. Feel like starting a new game again and may as well get around to trying it out.

Any suggestions to get the most out of heart of stone and blood and wine?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Gonna finally buy the DLC this weekend. Feel like starting a new game again and may as well get around to trying it out.

100% it. Both are great

10+ Year Old Account

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat you still didn't play the dlcs? oh my god! you are in for a treat!!! enjoy man !!

Both dlcs are million times better than the base game and I love the base game so much so yeah that says a lot eh?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat you still didn't play the dlcs? oh my god! you are in for a treat!!! enjoy man !!

Both dlcs are million times better than the base game and I love the base game so much so yeah that says a lot eh?
    Yeah I had been saving them for a rainy day. Saving them quite awhile lol. The combat put me off getting them earlier and I got distracted with dark souls 3. But I always planned on trying them some day!!

is the dlc better in new game + or at the end of the base game first playthrough?
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-03-23 at 02:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I had been saving them for a rainy day. Saving them quite awhile lol. The combat put me off getting them earlier and I got distracted with dark souls 3. But I always planned on trying them some day!!

is the dlc better in new game + or at the end of the base game first playthrough?
    Heart of Stone it is possible to do it at the very very end of the game yeah, but for Blood and Wine it's better to do it in ng+

Take your time. Especially in Blood and Wine. Main story was always con in this game and DLC didnt fixed it. There are some amazing locations, great dialogue to witness and overall atmosphere is amazing. Just main plot is meh. So take your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take your time. Especially in Blood and Wine. Main story was always con in this game and DLC didnt fixed it. There are some amazing locations, great dialogue to witness and overall atmosphere is amazing. Just main plot is meh. So take your time.
    Yeah I loved both dlcs but I do think the main story of Heart of Stone is better than the main story of Blood and Wine.

Yeah I loved both dlcs but I do think the main story of Heart of Stone is better than the main story of Blood and Wine.
    It was much more interesting for sure IMO but ending was really weak.
    Blood and Wine wins with locations though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed Blood and wine is also longer

The brighter colors in blood and wine look a nice change of pace from velen/novigrad

Deleted
    Dunno, I found HoS to be weak. And short to boot. The whole story felt forced and overly dramatic. And contrived.

The wedding part was amusing, but forgettable. Also railroaded sex scene at the end, which can only be avoided by refusing right before, as opposed to being based on the whole day.
    Apart from that, I did not enjoy that all of it is basically you having no control and doing what you are said. #NotMyGeralt
    Overall, if you don't have EE, I would not recommend buying HoS.

Still playing BaW, done with side activities and finishing (starting, really) main story now. Have to say, location is amazing, and story makes some sense this time. Not to mention it's a lot more like the base game, but improved on.