Speed leveling 89-90?

So I'm working on my third alt and stuck at 89.5, at this point I'm sick of leveling and leveling in Dread Wastes especially, dungeons are low xp/time invested so I was wondering if one of you awesome people knew any mob-grinding spots that I could use to get to the finish line. Please dont say "questing is faster" or anything to that effect, I'm not looking for those answers.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-04-05 at 11:32 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I would say killing rare spawns might be a good option for you. At your level I believe they give anywhere from 300-500k experience plus whatever goodies they might drop. Get npcscan if you don't have it as well as npcscan overlay as it will show on your map the general area of where they spawn and patrol around.

If you don't feel like killing rares, battlegrounds give decent experience when you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    random Bg's aren't to bad if your side wins the majority.

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

Deleted
    looking for a spot with fast respawns head to any daily location that's not being used that day theres usually a good quick respawn rate

Didnt even think of bgs, might give it a try.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Did 89-90 doing BGs. Took about 6-7 hours, or 10-15 BGs. Don't get it when someone complains about long 85-90 leveling. 60-70 took me about 10 times longer back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartungar View Post
    Did 89-90 doing BGs. Took about 6-7 hours, or 10-15 BGs. Don't get it when someone complains about long 85-90 leveling. 60-70 took me about 10 times longer back then.
    I know man, back in the day we didn't have computer and had to go out just to socialize too, and walked 10 miles in the snow, up hill. These Lazy people today right? Everytime I hear these back in the days Quotes This is what I imagine the person looks like.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.47542....1&H=106&W=160

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be saying the obvious here, so sorry, but make sure to have full rested always as it helps a lot, esp when killing rare mobs. The classes I found hte easiest to kill rare mobs on below 90 was warlock and hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try doing the Treasures of Pandaria. Those will easily get you the rest of the way (they got me to 90 from the start of 89 alone). Wowhead's guide, located here, can help you do them pretty easily. Finding the treasures gives you damn good XP for most of them, it's easy to do and pretty effortless.

Edit: Plus most of the treasures sell for a decent amount of gold (~100/ea for most).
    Last edited by Hanto; 2013-04-05 at 02:09 PM.

Other people have already said it, but random BGs, or even the CTA Battlegrounds can make a nice change of pace. Quest while in queue, peeveepee, and then rinse and repeat.

I've planned my last two toons to be around the 88-89 mark for Alterac Valley CTA.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Try doing the Treasures of Pandaria. Those will easily get you the rest of the way (they got me to 90 from the start of 89 alone). Wowhead's guide, located here, can help you do them pretty easily. Finding the treasures gives you damn good XP for most of them, it's easy to do and pretty effortless.
    Now this is an interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartungar View Post
    Because as I've said I've been through this area twice already and leveling is just becoming boring and tedious, the other zones are fine, just Dread Wastes that I hate.

if you have a friend/friends or another account, then mob tag the big scorpions in dread wastes! huge bonus if you have friends on other servers and can use cross realm while waiting for respawn, wich isnt long.
    they have around 700k HP, and award around 150k XP
    this is how i leveled my monk 89-90 full rested in around 1-2 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    I know man, back in the day we didn't have computer and had to go out just to socialize too, and walked 10 miles in the snow, up hill. These Lazy people today right? Everytime I hear these back in the days Quotes This is what I imagine the person looks like.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.47542....1&H=106&W=160
    Yeah, and everytime I see someone complaining about the ridiculously fast leveling from 85 to 90 as still being too tedious and slow, I imagine the person looks like someone from the cast of Jersey Shore with an equally stunning intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post

Edit: Plus most of the treasures sell for a decent amount of gold (~100/ea for most).
    This.

I had a friend take me around pandaria on 2 person mount. 89-90 took like an hour maybe? Plus I got some nice blues to use too, well worth it. Probably less effective on more populated servers, but whatever, it's great.

Maybe a gathering profession might work?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Yeah, and everytime I see someone complaining about the ridiculously fast leveling from 85 to 90 as still being too tedious and slow, I imagine the person looks like someone from the cast of Jersey Shore with an equally stunning intellect.
    Go spout your BS elsewhere, I said why I made this thread so just drop it or get out.

Edit: The pandaren treasure hunting is working great, Jade forest down and already 71%

Edit 2: Thanks all for your suggestions, finally got it

Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-04-05 at 04:57 PM.

This is probably the best way to level 89-90 as long as it doesn't get nerfed, with guildperks, rested and a help from a 90 (mobtagging) You are able to hit 89-90 in under 2 hours!

Good luck with your leveling y'all
    -Anix

For someone who enjoys pvp, bg'ing at level 89 is a fun experience, and you all know why

10+ Year Old Account
    my 4th alt was so burned out of doing Dread Wastes, I twinked him with enchants, Mogushan Palace Gear, Dread Wastes BoA weapons, one or two twink BoEs and spammed battlegrounds between 87-90. I won only around 50% of the time, but I had a decent Kill/Death ratio as an unkillable Prot Warrior. It certainly beats questing for a moment there.

However as others said Pandarian rare-killing or treasure hunting is also a good idea as they give you a really nice chunk of experience and goodies.