Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    screenshots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    so u 3 healed it or 2 healed it? our grp is also doing 3 heals but i dont think the boss goes down below even 45% after 8th nest.
    We two heal it every week, dont even send a healer to the Quills nests (2/4/6/8, etc.), all you need is one hybrid dps to go with that group (Ele shaman is boss, but any hybrid will do) and do some healing. G1: 3 DPS, G2: 3 DPS + 1 Tank. G1 drops a DPS for top nests since there are less adds for more DPS on boss. Hero/Lust after double nest spawn, easy kill.

Even classes with big CD's can just eat quills, Warlocks, maybe mage with good Ice Block/Barrier usages. Slightly sketchier, but at least once you learn how to handle one quills, which happens early in the fight, it fight is just get to double nest and then Lust for the kill.

If you 3 heal it (which you totally can), you will need to do 12-13 nests likely before you can plant feet and burn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    so u 3 healed it or 2 healed it? our grp is also doing 3 heals but i dont think the boss goes down below even 45% after 8th nest.
    3 Healed.

Disc Priest on nest group A and Resto Shaman on Nest group B. Holy Paladin was permanent on the platform.

We nuked after 8th nest (wait for feed young, let all catch it and pop Hero)

10+ Year Old Account
    @Grimord.

Do you have any logs by chance? or someone that has done this strat. I'm curious on what the dps needs to look like in order the boss to be around 40% come 8th nest

Deleted
    No, sorry, we don't have logs available. Haven't been able to upload logs for like 2 weeks now, dunno why. Client just won't work or when it does it'll say the data cannot be verified or some crap.

If it helps you can check our kill vid and watch the damage meter?

EDIT: We pop hero around the 5:50 mark (when the feed young for nest 9 comes up).
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-05-03 at 06:38 PM.

we used the burn after 8th nest strat last night - it was our first time working on this boss on heroic but it only took us 9 pulls. Thank you for the great info that was posted in this thread. For those needing a log here is ours - we ended up getting the kill using 2 heals after initially trying with 3 heals.

I was the shadowpriest in the log and my job was going to the big add nests and taking care of the offheals in addition to dpsing of course. So you don't have to have a healer go to those nests if you have a strong hybrid (shadowpriest, ele shammie, boomie)

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f4nlm34xkecnqk1j/analyze/dd/source/?s=14425&e=14840

We definitely could've done better with our primal nutrient uptimes but we made sure we got it before lust went out. getting that buff is key when you're going to use this zerg method
    Last edited by TheDarkExileCreel; 2013-05-03 at 04:49 PM.

Grimord
    Can you please write your group order, which groups go where and how many ppl in each group, thanks. Like what i have noticed you send group 1 for nest 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, group 2 for nest 2, 8. Tank is going with you only for guardian nests 2,4,8? And on upper nests you used 2 dps only, down from 3, right?

My guild just spend 4 hours on this boss last night with no success. We used fatboss tactic (like to go all the way to nest 12) and then pop cds/bl to nuke the boss down. We had 2 groups (3dps + healer and 2dps + healer + tank), and we have 3 healers... After nest 8 on our best attempt boss was at 48% (normally he is 50-53%) and after nest 12 boss was close to 30-35 or so. So pretty much we are doing something really wrong.
    I hope you clarify your strategy and we gonna down him on sunday :P Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Grimord
    Can you please write your group order, which groups go where and how many ppl in each group, thanks. Like what i have noticed you send group 1 for nest 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, group 2 for nest 2, 8. Tank is going with you only for guardian nests 2,4,8? And on upper nests you used 2 dps only, down from 3, right?

My guild just spend 4 hours on this boss last night with no success. We used fatboss tactic (like to go all the way to nest 12) and then pop cds/bl to nuke the boss down. We had 2 groups (3dps + healer and 2dps + healer + tank), and we have 3 healers... After nest 8 on our best attempt boss was at 48% (normally he is 50-53%) and after nest 12 boss was close to 30-35 or so. So pretty much we are doing something really wrong.
    I hope you clarify your strategy and we gonna down him on sunday :P Thanks.
    Group A: 2 DPS + Healer who can dps too (Druids/Monks/Priests)
    Group B: Tank + Healer + 2 DPS

Nests order (Nest/Group): 1A2B3A4B5A6A7A8B9A

When boss hits 30%-35% stop doing nests and burn it, you can try 2 or 3 heals, it's the same. Your raid needs to understand the feathers mechanic, getting nutriment buff adds a lot more dps and you can nuke the boss to 30% faster. ~5 seconds before Feed Young use the extra action button and fly over Ji-Kun, it's easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7o_NjvqABI

This is our second kill, i wasn't using feathers because i didn't understand the mechanic, n00b bear i know... now i'm ending the fight over 160k dps, that's why you need the nutriment buff.
    #yolo #swag

How do you manage to get nutriment buffs on heroic when you only have 3 feathers to work with? Which team gets them..A or B?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazily View Post
    How do you manage to get nutriment buffs on heroic when you only have 3 feathers to work with? Which team gets them..A or B?
    Group 1 flies up after the nest to get the buff, they then have 2 feathers left. Use another to get buff, drop down to nest 3 and refresh feathers. These need to be used to fly up, time it so u get another buff if poss then you have 2 charges left for the upper nest.

Group 2 can only catch the one on the flight back up, they need their charges for the upper. The tank is the exception, he can fly up to catch the buff, he doesn't need to go up again.

I think I got this right :s

Quote Originally Posted by Crazily View Post
    The same way you do on normal. You just have to skip one buff/some boss uptime.

When flying up from lower nests, wait for Feed Young (just stand there), then fly up and grab it. When flying up to upper nests, wait for Feed Young, then grab the buff and fly up to the nest. If you have extra feathers, grab the buffs in between. If you don't have an extra feather, don't grab the buffs in between.

You're able to get a buff with every single feather.

Ahh that makes sense, we are doing it opposite in normal...our Group 2 are the only ones grabbing the buffs..looks like we need to change. Thx

Deleted
    we just did 3 guardians then the double nest after that then hero and burned

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    A lot of you guys are making this fight way too complicated.

G1: 3 DPS, 1 healer
    G2: tank, 2 awesome cleavers, 1 healer

G1 takes odd nests, G2 takes even nests. The tank only needs to go on 2, 4, and 8. After nest 8, get Primal Nutrients, pop hero+second pot, and burn boss. That's the whole fight.

If you're running 2 healers, there should always be 1 healer back in time to heal Quills, and you'll have 1 extra DPS that can just tunnel the boss the entire time, making the kill faster. If you're running 3 healers, 1 should just sit on the platform full time, making healing easier. We've done both and they both work and both are pretty easy.
    My guild one shot the boss on our very first pull with this strat tonight, thanks a ton, Squirl.

8 nests was the magic number for us.....we tried the 3 nests thing (Almost had it just not enough dps) and the 12 nests thing (someone would always die to something at that point)

but 8 was the magic number

also 3 healed.

Deleted
    if you have decent DPS then zerg tactic is pretty good and super easy as well. I joined a pug group on trade who did it this way.

Basically you have 2 tanks 2 healers and 6 dps. 3 dps and 1 healer go to first nest, then htye clear it and wait there untill they can fly up while getting feed young buff. then the other 3 dps and 1 healer go to 2nd nest and do same. when they fly up and get feed young, you use lust. then use the remaining feather stacks to grap the feed young and just burn the boss down, ignoring all the nests (So you only clear the first 2 nests). Our groups lowest dps was 120k and highest 200k, and the rest between. So if you have farmed normal modes for a while this can be a nice and easy tactic.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nz...?s=1082&e=1436
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2013-07-12 at 07:35 AM.

We usually 3 heal all content because our healers arent the best but this fight has very little damage besides quills so we had our Resto Shaman go Ele now this is a very good trade off and if one of your Druids had a boomkin set it may be similar. But what we did was have Group 1 be 2 DPS they should never be on a nest when quills goes out and if they do they should have enough CD's to survive, Group 2 would just be 2 DPS and a healer. We ended up doing 10 nests then dropping to the main platform hero'ing and burning. Our DPS is not extremely high either but this worked out well we thought it would be sketchy towards the end from Juvie damage but it was a really smooth kill I recommend you guys try this out if one of your Healers has an off set.

Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    if you have decent DPS then zerg tactic is pretty good and super easy as well. I joined a pug group on trade who did it this way.

Basically you have 2 tanks 2 healers and 6 dps. 3 dps and 1 healer go to first nest, then htye clear it and wait there untill they can fly up while getting feed young buff. then the other 3 dps and 1 healer go to 2nd nest and do same. when they fly up and get feed young, you use lust. then use the remaining feather stacks to grap the feed young and just burn the boss down, ignoring all the nests (So you only clear the first 2 nests). Our groups lowest dps was 120k and highest 200k, and the rest between. So if you have farmed normal modes for a while this can be a nice and easy tactic.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nz...?s=1082&e=1436
    Is this strat a "can kill H Jin'Rokh before the third storm" kinda thing, or a "can kill him in the first puddle" kinda thing?

edit: Also doesn't the nest guardian on nest 4 do some raidwide AoE if there's noone there to tank it?
    Last edited by Rocksteadee; 2013-07-12 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    Well you can see from the WOL link what kinda dps you need to kill it. As i said i joined to a pug and this was my first kill of ji'kun HC. And only the first 2 nests were dpsed down to get the feather buff. As far as i know, no one went to the 4th nest. And now that i look the logs, seems on the first nest there went 1 tank and 3 dps and on the 2nd nest 1 healer and 3dps as the quills happen during the 2nd nest. It is important to wait down in the nest untill ji'kun will soon cast feedyoung so you can fly up and take the buff and not waste it. But looking from the logs, there was a few failuer with the nutriment buff as some only got 2.

As for ilvls, 2 dps had 535 or so ilvl and rest had +-522
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2013-07-12 at 08:34 PM.

We've been doing 2 nests then burn for a few weeks now. Granted, we're all super geared, but it makes the fight a lolfest. I'd still recommend 8 nests for most groups, but I'd give 2 nests a try or two. It's entirely doable if your raid is around 530 avg ilvl.

You have to kill it before nest 4 guardian starts his channel thing, but you have plenty of time there. The main worry is getting instagibbed by all the Juveniles you'll get (6+ up near the end, which can be deadly during Quills).