Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Skyrim, couldn't really grip me and the animations, interface and combat were horrible imo.
    Darksiders, boring gameplay and over-the-top "epic" story and characters.
    The Witcher 2, though I wouldn't say it was bad, just overrated. It certainly looked nice.
    Mass Effect 2 was worse than 3 imo, though I also enjoyed it.
    Limbo was also overrated.
    Minecraft consumes too much time for the enjoyment it brings for me.
    Deadlight, though I'm not sure if this is a "popular" title.
    Civilization 5 is neither immersive nor exciting. I'll rather play other strategy games.

But of those listed, Darksiders and Civ5 is the only one I could say I didn't really enjoy it. The others were alright or good, but not as good as you would think after visiting the internet.

EDIT: Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2 is in the same category as Darksiders.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2013-04-05 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    The Splinter Cell games might be up your alley then? Or Thief, both pretty popular so you probably know them.
    He may be referring to a historical fantasy style stealth game which I admit was one of the biggest drawing points for me as well, only to end up feeling like a totally optional cosmetic feature. I love the AC series immensely, but I'll be the first to admit they didn't really live up to the first couple trailers. I ended up enjoying them for other reasons.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by darebear View Post
    gta series after 2.
    I am totally right there with you. I love to top down unique feel of gta 1/2.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    all the final fantasy games ive played

portal games

and starcraft
    You must have played starcraft on the N64 :P
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Final Fantasy
    Bioshock
    Mass Effect
    Farcry
    Crysis
    Dead Space
    Left4Dead
    Call of Duty (I did like World at War though)
    Assassin's Creed (anything past part 2)
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria
    Darksiders
    Half-Life
    Dragon Age

Yeah, the list goes on and on. Most games that come out nowaday are crap imo. Maybe it's my age/mentality.
    *Breathe in, breathe out*

He's allowed his opinions, he's allowed his opinions, try to not punch, he's allowed his opinions

*breathe in, breathe out*

Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim was pretty disappointing.

The amount of fucking hype that game generated before release was unmatched. I don't think D3 even came close to how high expectations were for skyrim.

I loved all of the fan creations and videos and parodies etc made about it. But the actual game itself was pretty god damn bad. I tried so hard to make myself like it but it just wouldn't fit.

Most FPS games, unless it shows something actually innovative. So, not the endless COD/Battlefield games, basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mario games..all of them. I am a sonic fanboy I guess (well not since about 2000) but mario just never did it for me. To slow and cumbersome, and I hated mario 64. Id also go with bioshock, but Ihavent given it enough of a chance really.

Deleted
    Elder scroll games. Too slow paced for me, didn't even enjoy Skyrim, only played through the mainquest.

I hope Witcher 3 will be awesome.

Deleted
    Echoing others... Skyrim.

I actually think it's god awful and i don't get the fanfare. A boring Sandbox with no meaning and horrible combat. I played a few hours and that was it. Was hard enough to do that. Won't make the mistake of buying one of those again.

TES:Oblivion/Skyrim, Halo 1/2 (never bothered with the later ones, I'm assuming they are more of the same), the Civilization series
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Mass Effect 3 - compared to the first game it was trash, and moved into generic action shooter rather than RPG. I really just hated it, and at this point it seems Bioware is just going downhill in quality of games when you compare their newer releases to their golden days. I point the finger at EA for that though.

Skyrim - it was good, but it is not the Jesus of videogames and it certainly didn't deserve GOTY over other games that did the genre better (Dark Souls/The Witcher 2). I did enjoy it for a while but I didn't finish it and found the side-quests really repetitive. And there is no excuse for the combat being the same as Oblivion/Morrowind. I get that they wanted to keep the overall gameplay similar, but it was literally so simple I would try to avoid combat whenever I could because of how dull it was. It needs to be updated for the next installment in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Planescape: Torment
    Oh no you didn't!

Personally, my list isn't very long. And I don't 'dislike' any of the ones on this list either:

Mass Effect 3. If it wasn't a Mass Effect game, it would be brilliant. But overall the game is a disappointment for me, and I can't stand people raving about how good it is - especially post DLC, which does nothing to fix its problems and merely distracts from them. The mission journal and tracker is a complete joke (while Mass Effect 2's worked perfectly well) - it doesn't even update to tell you you've got the item you need, or inform you that you failed the mission. Among other things. Potential wasn't achieved.

Medieval: Total War. I still prefer Rome. Otherwise its a great game.

Grand Theft Auto IV. Numerous ugly graphical issues makes me think 'poor console port', and the controls are still clunky from GTA3 and sequels. Still enjoyable, even if I wish I could smash that mobile phone.

Arma 2. Not sure if people actually rate this game highly or not, but its a glitchy mess with very unintuitive controls and lacks realism in many critical factors. For a game that's marketted like a simulator, it seems determined to destroy my immersion at every point. And don't get me started on how dumb the AI is. Best played with a few friends on the training maps where you just attack each other with infinite respawns.

Deleted
    Guild wars 2, possibly most boring game i've ever played
    Every Zelda game
    League of Legends was fun for a little while untill i realised how boring the overall design is compared to dota

Easy. Haven't enjoyed any popular games except halo 2 (competitive multiplayer), BF2 (multiplayer lols), Warcraft 3 (dota), World of Warcraft (raiding), Heroes of Newerth and now Dota 2.

Done, every other popular game in the world can DIAF I wouldn't care.
    Last edited by Tuffguss; 2013-04-05 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Frozen Synapse
    Toki Tori
    DayZ mod
    Dead Island
    Angry Birds
    Grand Theft Auto 4 (actually also 3). I did enjoy the 2d ones a lot.
    Stacking
    The longest Journey (although I haven't finished it...just can't seem to drag myself through it, I guess it gets better over time, but the first 4 hours are at least horribly boring (to me))
    Duke Nukem3D (I really didn't find it fun, even at the time of release. I thought Doom2 was way better somehow. Don't know why)

Can't really think of more, as I normally do a lot of research before I buy a game (I don't pre-order, read reviews first (especially the negative ones, to see if there's points that would break a game for me)).

Some games I thought were ok but definitely not worth the hype for me:
    - Skyrim/Oblivion (did enjoy Morrowind)
    - Half-life 2
    - Cave story
    - To the moon
    - Sword & Sorcery
    - Zeno Clash (battle system is fun...but not when it pits you against multiple enemies)
    - Team Fortress2
    - Bioshock 1 (haven't played 2 yet)
    - Trine

WoW: Mists of Panderia - one of the few games that I have gotten a refund for. I suppose it was well made but I didn't enjoy it at all.
    Final Fantasy series of games - I just never got the appeal of these games but everyone has different preferences.
    Heroes of Might and Magic - not sure if it belongs into the popular category but I just have never enjoyed this series of games even though I've tried several times.
    EVE Online - I probably have tried a dozen times to get into this mmo but I can't get into it at all. It looks so interesting on paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy 11+ - I've not liked any of the Final Fantasy games since 10 honestly, something about them has just thrown me off in recent years. Which is a shame because I absolutely loved the first 10 (some more, some less) and can still play any of them to this day.

Heroes of Might and Magic - For the life of me I want to love these games because they remind me of an old game I loved called Lords of Magic, but I just can NOT get into the games. I dunno what it is...

Rift - I wish I liked this game more than I did, but I don't. The combat just seems bland to me...even though I love the concept of the rifts and everything they've added I can't get over the dull combat.

Dead Island - Loved it until it became "Dead Island City/Sewers (that looks like EVERY game in this genre)"
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    Borderlands 2 as Zero, got to a point where I skipped any side missions and went straight to the end.
    Max Payne 3, one big boring cut scene.
    Dark Souls, I can handle it being hard but I just couldn't bring myself to play it properly.
    Football Manager, I have been told many a time I'd be suited to playing it but can't bring myself to get past the transfer window ever.
    Fallout 3, just found this boring thats all.
    Black Ops, Found it far to easy multiplayer wise on the xbox.
    World at War, MP40 Jugg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    He may be referring to a historical fantasy style stealth game which I admit was one of the biggest drawing points for me as well, only to end up feeling like a totally optional cosmetic feature. I love the AC series immensely, but I'll be the first to admit they didn't really live up to the first couple trailers. I ended up enjoying them for other reasons.
    Yeah I was. I played a few older Splinter Cells and a few Thief games and loved them. I actually thought the Oblivion side quests for the Dark Brotherhood and Gray Fox made a better stealth game than the entirety of the Assassin's Creed series.