Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Every MMO and 'MMO' (since it seems everything is called a MMO these days) that's come out after WoW.

From what I played myself -- Half Life, Diablo, Bioshock (any, even though Infinite is not bad, but I just don't find it as awesome as everyone saying), Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed, Deus Ex.
    Naturally WoW -- Mop. Piece of rotten kiddie garbage...

I don't enjoy any RTS games, and I've given a few of them their fare shake. I did enjoy WC3, but it felt like they tried to purposely minimize the exposure to the RTS elements so people could enjoy the story because they knew RTS wasn't all that fun. :P I liked the story of star craft, despite having to get through the RTS blah. I just get over it really fast. A game or two is fun, but each new level I'm like "dude I already made that, I already researched this". I love Civilization games, which is a little like a continuous level of a RTS because the things you do continue on. I think the problem is I'm too much of a completionist, so I want to upgrade ALL the things! and then find that I have to do it all over again the next level. Didn't buy Star Craft 2, just read the lore on the wiki.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Elder Scroll Games (in general I dislike most western RPGs)

WC3 (really dislike 'hero' units in RTS games)

Half Life 2 (I did like Half Life)

MW, CoD, etc. (boring as hell to me)

FF10

All racing / sports games that I have ever played
    (Except Nintendo world cup for the NES, that game was funny.)

(Oh and since it came up above I haven't played any newer MOBA games since I'm certain I won't like them as I dislike the whole MOBA concept. Hero units just do not fit into my understanding of RTS games. That's why they aren't on the list. )
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-04-09 at 01:26 PM.

Elder Scroll Games
    Any of the current generation of military shooters. Maybe I should try ARMA
    And Demon souls. When it comes to insanely hard RPGs I want the fights to be hard, not dieing and having to go back to the start of the level again. It wasn't hard just punishing and the combat felt fairly clunky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Popular games that I did not enjoy:

Any CoD/Madden Clone
    Halo
    Bioshock - all 3 of them
    Guild Wars 2 / Tera / Star Wars TOR
    Dragon Age
    Mass Effect
    ~Don't just rage the day away, try new things!~
    Warcraft: Shando - <FoE> - 110 Druid - Turalyon-US
    http://foeturalyon.enjin.com <Foe> Website, check us out!
    http://www.twitch.tv/shandi235 live stream my guild's raids, other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Skyrim.
    Enjoyed the first couple of hours, but after that it became extremely dull. Un-modded version is pretty awful.
    Come on ...you don't like skyrim ?......how the fck can you like any game .....shyt ,...

Me personally ...Guild wars 2 sucked so much balls ...it was boring as hell to play .
    God of War ( all of them ) ....just a lame as shit excuse to murder none stop ....
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2013-04-09 at 02:00 PM.

Guild Wars 2, SWTOR and all COD games. I think there a lot of people who hate these games though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    I regret buying Skyrim. It was fun for 5 hours, and I haven't played it since then, and that was like 2 years ago.
    Impressing to be able to buy Skyrim 7 months before anyone else.

OT:
    Mists of Pandaria - After loving WoW since Vanilla Beta this was such a turn off. All feeling gone. To many dailys.. and pandas..
    Minecraft - What is the point? Most diamonds win? Build the biggest house?
    Skyrim - To buggy at launch, quests that couldnt be completed and a fecked up magic system. Never played it again.
    League of Legends - Tried it, but couldnt get in to it. I guess I suck a lot also..

for me the biggest disappointment has got to be Diablo 3, after all the hype that surrounded this game before release, i expected an epic game, what i found instead was a mediocre at best action rpg. All i can say is thank god it came free in my WoW annual pass. if i had payed for it i would have been very upset

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    Minecraft - What is the point? Most diamonds win? Build the biggest house?
    Not trying to critique someone's opinion, but your commentary seems to allude that you don't 'know' how to play the game. The 'point' is whatever you want it to be. There's nothing to 'win'. If you don't play sandbox games, or don't enjoy them, then you're never going to like a sandbox game. They give you a set of tools, a limited set of rules, then you create the game for yourself.

Additionally there are a plethora of mods that add things for you to do, some of which can hold your hand more and 'create' a game for you...same with some servers.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying you can't like it or arguing with you, but perhaps you just don't like mostly unlimited gameplay options and prefer a narrow set of rules and activities associated with theme park games.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-04-09 at 02:44 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Come on ...you don't like skyrim ?......how the fck can you like any game .....shyt ,...
    You obviously haven't played too many games have you?

I already answered to this thread with RDR but I have to add Skyrim aswell, I played it for 2 days and haven't touched it ever since. Even tho there were many stupid things in Oblivion, I actually enjoyed it way more than Skyrim.

Deleted
    Games I have played but didn't enjoy:
    Minecraft
    Mario
    Diablo 3
    GTA IV
    WoW: Cataclysm

Games I didn't play but checked out good and didn't like:
    Dead Space 3 (turned too much into a FPS)
    Zelda Skyward Sword (I don't like the story and the graphics)
    Call of Duty (to be honest for a shooter it didn't seem very entertaining)
    FIFA (though I don't like sports game)
    Simcity (2013 - its issues, lack of actual playing for more then an hour and a few aspects turned me away from it)
    WoW: MoP (sorry, it just fully lost my attention, it just seemed to me going too much away from the traditional Warcraft universe)
    Borderlands 2 (to me it just seems like the characters are all too... not immature, they reminds me of internet trolls to be honest and that turns me away from the game itself as story plays a huge part in what I play, the humor is extremely immature)
    Also not attracted to a game that tries too much to make combat flashy and have those gigantic weapons and heroes with those jerky haircuts (example the Devil may Cry guy, Dante? And the dude in Resident Evil 6, forgat his name). It just makes me feel away from the game itself because the heroes seem to me like jerks.
    I also am not attracted of any mindless killing games where the hero is just some super duper near invincible muscle guy, kind of like in God of War.

I have no problem with people attracted to the games above, I just don't like them myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Skyrim.

Actually wasn't a very well made game. Numerous gameplay conflicts and pointless design. Just incredibly popular with vulgar audiences and reflected shamefully on the industry as publishers/developers and "journalists".
    What does "vulgar audiences" mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I don't enjoy any RTS games, and I've given a few of them their fare shake. I did enjoy WC3, but it felt like they tried to purposely minimize the exposure to the RTS elements so people could enjoy the story because they knew RTS wasn't all that fun. :P I liked the story of star craft, despite having to get through the RTS blah. I just get over it really fast. A game or two is fun, but each new level I'm like "dude I already made that, I already researched this". I love Civilization games, which is a little like a continuous level of a RTS because the things you do continue on. I think the problem is I'm too much of a completionist, so I want to upgrade ALL the things! and then find that I have to do it all over again the next level. Didn't buy Star Craft 2, just read the lore on the wiki.
    See, I dunno. I completely agree with you, even the bit about WC3, but I didn't add them because they're obviously not for me. That would be like someone who doesn't like FPS games coming in here and meticulously typing out every popular shooter just to extend their list (oh wait, about a dozen of you have already done this.)

I figured it was only fair not to include any RTS's in my list simply because of my dislike for the genre. Seems kinda unfair.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2, Bioshock, SWTOR, Sim City 5... Probably others that I can't remember.

I'll get back to you later :P no seriously off to work; but will answer your inquiry, as I love games.
    Quote Originally Posted by cakin View Post
    Lol, read that too and wanted to know as well.

MOnster hunter 3 ultimate (actually mosnter hunter series) IMO its total garbage.....everyone saying ''you build armor out of their dead carcass'' yes like any other game that you can craft stuff....combat is fun and epic......imo control is pure shit from n64 bad platformer era .

Other game....dragon age
    halo series ( I love the multiplayer mode and thats about it.)
    Skyward sword (IMO Ocarina of time is good because its the first 3d installment but TP is the best zelda game ever made to date on console)

edit: I forgot to add any sports game....mention to NHL and Madden game....damn, I cannot understand hwo people cna find this representative of the real game or even the fun...play the real thing ffs.
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2013-04-09 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    MOnster hunter 3 ultimate (actually mosnter hunter series) IMO its total garbage.....everyone saying ''you build armor out of their dead carcass'' yes like any other game that you can craft stuff....combat is fun and epic......imo control is pure shit from n64 bad platformer era .

Other game....dragon age
    halo series ( I love the multiplayer mode and thats about it.)
    Skyward sword (IMO Ocarina of time is good because its the first 3d installment but TP is the best zelda game ever made to date on console)

edit: I forgot to add any sports game....mention to NHL and Madden game....damn, I cannot understand hwo people cna find this representative of the real game or even the fun...play the real thing ffs.
    Oh boy. You know my beef with games like Madden, Tony Hawk and Call of Duty? They can quite literally Copy + Paste all of the code and data from Madden '11, polish up the graphics, then release it under the name Madden '12 for $60. Never trust a game that takes a year to make is all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    See, I dunno. I completely agree with you, even the bit about WC3, but I didn't add them because they're obviously not for me. That would be like someone who doesn't like FPS games coming in here and meticulously typing out every popular shooter just to extend their list (oh wait, about a dozen of you have already done this.)

I figured it was only fair not to include any RTS's in my list simply because of my dislike for the genre. Seems kinda unfair.
    Well they're popular and raved about, so they count! : P

For genres I like, I haven't really got a game and just been like "man, this game is terrible why'd I get it" except for Civilization 5. And I LOOOOVE civilization 4. But see, most people hated Civ V so I wouldn't call it popular and raved about.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Mass Effect. They get raved on about as RPGs and the storyline, yadda yadda yadda.

So I bought ME1 as a budget game for the PC. I....just didn't like it at all. The fact that the combat was some kind of 3rd person real time action game hybrid style...I dunno, it just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I suppose the problem is that I felt like I was n't playing an RPG, but rather one of those squad based games like SOCOM...and I don't like those.
    The storyline I could see the makings of something interesting, but the combat system just killed the game for me. I really do prefer a proper "old school" style fully turn based system in my CRPGs

Its the same reason I couldn't get into Fallout 3, as while it did have some turn based trappings, it felt more like an FPS game with RPG bits stuck on, rather than the other way around.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2013-04-10 at 02:54 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom