Mass dispell change..

So they changed the mass dispel so it doesn't dispel undispelable buffs such as bubble, but making it a faster cast time, so... looks like im going to change my glyph from making it faster to the glyph that makes it so it dispel's... what? Pointless?

No you idiot. Now the base cast time on it is super low, and you can glyph for it to remove things like Iceblock/Bubble. Do you not understand basic English/have no clue what Mass Dispel was ever used for?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-21 at 05:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a great pvp change to nerf shadow priests a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a spriest pvp nerf, nothing more.

If you are shadow, and used the glyph before, you had a .5s cast MD that could remove paladin bubbles/mage ice blocks
    Now, if you use the glyph, it's the standard 1.5 or w/e cast time, and allows you to remove bubbles/blocks, or if you don't, it can only remove standard buffs/debuffs

Before, if you were holy/disc, and you used the glyph, you had the same thing shadow had.
    Now, if you only PvE heal, you don't need the glyph, and you still have the .5s cast time.

Essentially in PvE, nothing really changes for shadow, and holy/disc got a glyph back
    In PvP, Shadow gets a cast time nerf, and holy/disc are the same.

Personally, I roll without the glyph on my pvp Spriest, so this is a bit of a kick to the nads, as I lose a glyph slot just to keep the same functionality, but I seem to be in the minority, so oh well, I'll deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Massdispel wasn't the ONLY way to get magic debuffs off ourselves then I would be fine with this change. Still half hoping for a halved purify: 8 second CD Magic only, can only be used on self, instant. That way getting stuff off others would require a cast but if it's just the priest it's instant. Most likely wont happen though.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe im not reading it right but disc still needs to glyph for it to get rid of bubble/ice block, correct?
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    maybe im not reading it right but disc still needs to glyph for it to get rid of bubble/ice block, correct?
    You need the glyph for all specs in order for mass dispel to remove iceblock and divine shield.
    The only difference between specs is that for shadow it is 1,5 seconds cast but for disc/holy its 0,5 seconds.

I wish they had just left the glyph alone. 1.5sec MD is just...ewww

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    It will free up a glyph slot against any team that doesn't have a paladin or a mage in it, it's awesome

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    It will free up a glyph slot against any team that doesn't have a paladin or a mage in it, it's awesome
    i like your thinking.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    It's just i hate having to change glyphs/talents for every arena im doing. I don't like having to do it for pve either. I'd rather they just removed the initial glyph and make a permanent free glyphslot for something else.

I like the constantly swapping glyphs and talents in every arena game. I really feel like it increases the skill cap and changes the game around. Its nice to now have an extra glyph against non-pally/mage teams. I'll probably start taking SWD glyph against mage teams (to go with POM and penance). Maybe take renew glyph against DK's or other spread dmg classes!

Remember that changing glyphs and talents in an arena is free, and reverts back when you leave the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    No you idiot. Now the base cast time on it is super low, and you can glyph for it to remove things like Iceblock/Bubble. Do you not understand basic English/have no clue what Mass Dispel was ever used for?

[Infracted]

WORTH IT

This made me laugh FAR more than it should have.

Okay... They did not need to make that effect into a glyph...

Next thing you know they will change the glyph so that it has a different effect so this one will be lost forever (if their past track record on priests is any indication).