Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

.......you need to be in a raid.

I've been trying to get Baron Geddon's left binding for 60 weeks or more now.

Ever since blizzard lifted the requirement that you needed to be in a raid to enter old instances, I've just went straight into MC without bothering to be in a raid.

Then I just read this from wowhead.

"To get that to drop, your status must show you are part of a raid, even if you are the only one in the group. I usually have a friend party with me, I switch it to a Raid, then once I am in, they drop off the group."

That is ridiculous. I've wasted so many tries...how was I supposed to know? That comment was only left 6 days ago.

I believe "D'oh" is appropriate.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a coding error Blizz will need to fix.

I find it hard to believe they'd program to this. Depends on if you want to take the word of one random commenter...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    I find it hard to believe they'd program to this. Depends on if you want to take the word of one random commenter...
    I've opened a ticket to check.

This isn't true, at all.

A few people I play with have been into MC solo and have obtained a binding.

Let me guess. The guy who left the comment never saw it when he wasnt in a raid, then got it first time he was part of a raid group? Sampling bias probably..

How do you know its true?

Wow, you've wasted maybe 15 minutes a week for the last six months. YAY!

You don't have to be in a raid. I got both bindings when i went in solo http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rezna/advanced

Deleted
    its not true... i got several drops without being in a raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Same, you are just being trolled by random commenters OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    This isn't true, at all.

A few people I play with have been into MC solo and have obtained a binding.
    Now this I can believe. If not one person had gotten a binding since solo raids began it would certainly be more widely known by now. I suggest you report the comment as inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    Now this I can believe. If not one person had gotten a binding since solo raids began it would certainly be more widely known by now. I suggest you report the comment as inaccurate.
    It especially stung when the person that plays behind me got the binding I need. Across the household , one of us has the right, one of us has the left.

It's a deep sting.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I believe "D'oh" is appropriate.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a coding error Blizz will need to fix.
    Yeah it sounds like an oversight on Blizz's part. If it really is an issue Blizz will fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Wow, you've wasted maybe 15 minutes a week for the last six months. YAY!
    Not the time that's important, it's the number of tries that could have been wasted, if it is true. The guy added that he knew this from a GM, but obviously he could be trolling. Still waiting for my ticket to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't true, my Priest and DK both got bindings to drop without being in a group. Meaning since they changed raid group requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I've been trying to get Baron Geddon's left binding for 60 weeks or more now.

Ever since blizzard lifted the requirement that you needed to be in a raid to enter old instances, I've just went straight into MC without bothering to be in a raid.

Then I just read this from wowhead.

"To get that to drop, your status must show you are part of a raid, even if you are the only one in the group. I usually have a friend party with me, I switch it to a Raid, then once I am in, they drop off the group."

That is ridiculous. I've wasted so many tries...how was I supposed to know? That comment was only left 6 days ago.
    I obtained the right binding during a solo run, so I doubt it is the a different case with the left binding. Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with it.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

False. I never did that, and i got both bindings eventually.

It dropped for me last week on my hunter who was not in a group. The guy who said you need to be in a group is incorrect. Also, try going in there on a class that doesnt need or cant use Bindings and they will 100% drop. Example: getting Ashkandi on a Shaman (which hasnt happened yet, but I am sure it will.) I actually got Ashkandi on my fury warrior last night so I am pretty stoked!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    It dropped for me last week on my hunter who was not in a group. The guy who said you need to be in a group is incorrect. Also, try going in there on a class that doesnt need or cant use Bindings and they will 100% drop. Example: getting Ashkandi on a Shaman (which hasnt happened yet, but I am sure it will.) I actually got Ashkandi on my fury warrior last night so I am pretty stoked!
    Yeah, really annoying. I'm always unlucky with drops but whenever I don't care about something rare, it pops up, but when I do want it, it refuses to drop. 60 runs for the binding, 30 runs for a glaive, still nothing. And there's people that get them on their first or second try :/