Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How are all of you running this script? Being a non-techy, I can't seem to figure it out. Tried a .bat file but it didn't do much. Did I miss an explanation in a post?

Don't be dumb like me when using Janx's amazing code and forget to include the 324 crit rating you get from the legendary. I was baffled the first two times I ran it because my crit always ended up being ahead of mastery and the only stat that didn't match the program's output. Then I realized what it was and felt like a complete idiot.

Anyway, thanks for the amazing program, Janx, it worked well for me.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    How are all of you running this script? Being a non-techy, I can't seem to figure it out. Tried a .bat file but it didn't do much. Did I miss an explanation in a post?
    It's not a script, it's code for a C program. You have to compile it to get it to turn into an executable file.

If you have access to a box/OS with a native compiler, use that. Otherwise, if you're on Windows, I personally use MinGW to compile it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The easiest method I have found for this is Dev C++ it's simple to compile it and then you can run it. It took me a little effort to get it all working as I messed up the 324 Crit on the meta as well. If you have any questions about it feel free to hit me up glad to assist if I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I'm glad that people are able to use it. It inspires me to get off my lazy butt and continue improving the program to make it more convenient.

But not today! Today I must watch Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Priorities!
    WW Monk - Janxspirit @ US-Illidan
    [20:14:20.744] Janxspirit Rising Sun Kick Horridon *3,374,517* - MEGADAMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    The easiest method I have found for this is Dev C++ it's simple to compile it and then you can run it. It took me a little effort to get it all working as I messed up the 324 Crit on the meta as well. If you have any questions about it feel free to hit me up glad to assist if I can.

Could you upload the compiled version. I just got the trinket and would love try this program, but dev c++ was confusing for me.

I got a working alpha version of a Zephyrus, a Catus dervative (Feral Simulator), available for download. It is written in Java and requires the JRE to run.

Zephyrus currently supports armory import and rune reforging. The interface is pretty simple, you can type a player name "Iota" (my monk) or a player name w/realm "Iota Suramar" into the character field, and press return or hit import to Import the character. The large body of text contains my CompactGear representation of your profile (also used in Catus.) Below, your effective secondary stats should be listed. Import/Export use Reforgerade formats. Bounds will figure out your lowest and highest possible value for each stat available through reforging.

The reforger has 4 settings: "Hit/Exp target", this should be typically 2550 (7.5%). It will dynamically adjust if your minimum hit is actually higher than this setting. "Range", this is how far over the Hit/Exp target we should allow before searching for 1:1:1 solutions. "Haste Gap" and "Crit Gap" define how much distance much exist between Mastery and those corresponding stats (typically 0). Reforging might take a minute or so, depending on your gear. It will provide a progress bar that you can close to cancel the reforging. Reducing the search space, by disabling certain slots, will drastically increase the reforge speed, but since my reforger is exhaustive, I'd recommend keeping all slots enabled. My reforger will not swap enchants or gems (yet?).

If you have difficulty finding solutions, relax the Range to like 250 or 500 (I think the default is 5). I've tested this on a variety of monk names I've encountered on the WoW Monk class thread and I was able to reforge everyone pretty easily.

This is an alpha release. I expect there to be bugs, especially since this is an adaptation (generalization) of my Catus application. Please report any issues or questions to my Catus thread at the FluidDruid.

I'd post a link to the download, but this forum won't let me.

@Donprime - Unfortunately due to the way the program is designed, you can't simply use an already compiled version. You have to configure some stuff in the source code to make it work for your character before compiling.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 02:19 PM ----------

@domwindle - It probably would make more sense for me to use json to parse, but I can write my own parser in c just fine. What I'm having a problem with isn't the parsing, it is simply being able to pull the data from the web. I don't know how to make the program get the data it needs to parse. I know where the data is on the internet, I just don't know how to make my program get data from urls.

My initial workaround was just to have the user grab their items data from the api, but sadly that does not contain the socket information I need to figure out what sockets items have and what socket bonus they have you need to make queries for the individual items, so it is not practical for the user to do that.

edit - aha, I finally figured out how to get a library that will be able to read stuff from the web so I can ransack the wow api for the info I need import characters.
    Last edited by keithioapc; 2013-04-28 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keithioapc View Post
    @Porcinet - Those are pretty low stats, but RoRo is really OP. It really depends on what ilvl your RoRo is and what the trinket you could use instead is. If you really want to know, what I would do is input the RoRo set up into ask mr robot (manually), then press the ask mr robot export button to be able to export it into simulationcraft. Then sim that setup with SimC and compare it against your non RoRo set up.
    Well, i forgot to remove the 324crit meta and the 120 mastery socket bonus from the code so my value are even lower than before something like ~5150.
    To be honest running with 5150 haste scares me lol even if it is a dps gain.
    Currently simming your program output, will see what is comming out of it

Edit : Using RoRo is a ~6k dps loss for me at the moment, my gear just not good enough !
    Last edited by mmocdbe8a652b0; 2013-04-28 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Simming done

Deleted
    Raffy from fluiddruid forum made a nice program to reforge your gear for RoR. You have to gem/ench your gear beforehand tought as for now atleast it doesent have gem/ench optimiser on it, but still it is a great program, so big thanks to him.

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopi...tart=25#p16681
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2013-04-28 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raffy View Post
    I got a working alpha version of a Zephyrus, a Catus dervative (Feral Simulator), available for download. It is written in Java and requires the JRE to run.

Zephyrus currently supports armory import and rune reforging. The interface is pretty simple, you can type a player name "Iota" (my monk) or a player name w/realm "Iota Suramar" into the character field, and press return or hit import to Import the character. The large body of text contains my CompactGear representation of your profile (also used in Catus.) Below, your effective secondary stats should be listed. Import/Export use Reforgerade formats. Bounds will figure out your lowest and highest possible value for each stat available through reforging.

The reforger has 4 settings: "Hit/Exp target", this should be typically 2550 (7.5%). It will dynamically adjust if your minimum hit is actually higher than this setting. "Range", this is how far over the Hit/Exp target we should allow before searching for 1:1:1 solutions. "Haste Gap" and "Crit Gap" define how much distance much exist between Mastery and those corresponding stats (typically 0). Reforging might take a minute or so, depending on your gear. It will provide a progress bar that you can close to cancel the reforging. Reducing the search space, by disabling certain slots, will drastically increase the reforge speed, but since my reforger is exhaustive, I'd recommend keeping all slots enabled. My reforger will not swap enchants or gems (yet?).

If you have difficulty finding solutions, relax the Range to like 250 or 500 (I think the default is 5). I've tested this on a variety of monk names I've encountered on the WoW Monk class thread and I was able to reforge everyone pretty easily.

This is an alpha release. I expect there to be bugs, especially since this is an adaptation (generalization) of my Catus application. Please report any issues or questions to my Catus thread at the FluidDruid.

I'd post a link to the download, but this forum won't let me.
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/reforgerade/ <-- the reforge add on that Zephyrus exports to.

Thank you so, so, so much! This works like a charm for me. Too bad the raid week is over, I'd love to see how better balanced stats play out with the new 4pc.

Yea, just used the Zephyrus simulator, and manage to steal another extra 1% dmg bonus for TEB <3.

My RoRo optimizer is now very convenient. It loads from armory and optimizes your reforges/gems/enchants. Here is a zip file containing the program, a readme with instructions, .dlls needed to run the program and the source code (you will need 7zip to unzip):

http://www.mediafire.com/?x5dsbpvt7hdaid8

Just tried it quickly at work and it seems to be working fine for my monk.

Thanks for the hard work you've put into the program, Janxspirit!

Thank you, I'm glad it worked on your computer, I was a bit worried it might not be portable.

There are still some features I would like to add, such as allowing the user to define how to evaluate the strength of a gear set up, so that it could be a general purpose optimizer for any spec (provided they tell it what their spec wants). But for now I think I have done what I set out to do with it.

My RoRo optimizer is now very convenient. It loads from armory and optimizes your reforges/gems/enchants. Here is a zip file containing the program, a readme with instructions, .dlls needed to run the program and the source code (you will need 7zip to unzip):

http://www.mediafire.com/?x5dsbpvt7hdaid8
    Seems it's not working with names with umlauts on vowels

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Seems it's not working with names with umlauts on vowels
    That's a feature! Working as intended! Seriously though what's the character/realm/region name, let me look into it.

edit - I've also realized that I forgot to take into account racial hit and expertise bonuses. But the solution is easy: race change to panda. Non panda monks are an abomination.
    Last edited by keithioapc; 2013-04-29 at 08:15 PM.

[/COLOR]

That's a feature! Working as intended! Seriously though what's the character/realm/region name, let me look into it.

edit - I've also realized that I forgot to take into account racial hit and expertise bonuses. But the solution is easy: race change to panda. Non panda monks are an abomination.
    EU C'Thun Photëk

Yep, it's busted alright. The special character gets read in wrong. I'll try to fix it since that's pretty important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it's busted alright. The special character gets read in wrong. I'll try to fix it since that's pretty important.
    Application just keep crashing for me, Possibly related to the ' in Ner'zhul not sure but it never finishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

It's crashing for me aswell, i.e. not responding.