Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Does it matter that your new version didnt ask about the legendary meta gem?

Also:

Change in gems from what you are currently using:
    (Note: each 1 means +160 (or +80 in the case of agility) of that stat, IE half a gem more)
    (while each -1 means -160 (or -80 in the case of agility) of that stat, IE half a gem less)
    18 crit
    -18 agility
    Does this mean I need to change all my red agil gems to agil+crit gems?
    Last edited by Beertholomew; 2013-05-01 at 08:44 PM.

@ Madcowlol - It's not strange at all that it gets different results from one try (mine) to the next (yours). The nature of the program is that it starts off with a random reforge set up and then tries to improve it in random ways until it can't be improved any more by making only one reforge change. Then it starts over (Run #2... I think I did 200,000 runs on you) with a new random reforge set up and tries improving that in random ways. Then it looks at which run gave the best results. Running it more times doesn't even guarantee a better result. You might run it today with only 1 run, and luck out and get a really good solution. Then you could try again tomorrow with 200,000 runs and because they start in different places you might not get a solution as good as the 1 you got yesterday in all 200,000 attempts of your attempts today.

@Beertholomew - A while ago I actually wrote out the names of all the gems, as soon as I realized all the strange sorts of gems you might use. By my count, there are 34 different gems a 1:1:1 RoRo agi reforging might want to use (Not counting metas, JC gems, cogwheels or sha touched). It's a handy thing to have in front of you so you can easily see the name of what you need to look for on the AH.

You have to realize that there are many, many different combinations of gems you could use to have an equivalent result. It would be easy for the program to tell you one way to do it, but the trouble is given the gems you have and the cost of gems on the AH, that way may not be the cheapest way.

For instance say you are using 1 exp/crit gem, 1 crit gem and 1 hit/crit gem, and you need "-2 crit +2 haste". Obviously you could change the exp/crit into exp/haste and the hit/crit into hit/haste (change 2 gems) or you could just change the crit gem into a haste gem (change 1 gem). Which is better? It depends on what is cheaper, the 2 gems, or the 1 gem.

This is further complicated that there are actually 2 different versions of every gem, because there is the rare version as well as the perfect uncommon version. For instance keen vermilion onyx and perfect keen tiger opal are the exact same.

I'm not going to improve the gem output any more at the moment, the onus of figuring out the cheapest way to regem rests on the user. You can have my gem cheatsheet though that I printed out and keep handy, it might be a bit helpful:

Code:
    MoP Windwalker Gems

Red: Primordial Ruby, Pandarian Garnet
    agility: delicate, expertise: precise

Yellow: Sun's Radiance, Smooth Sunstone
    haste: quick, critical: smooth, mastery: fractured

Blue: River's Heart, Lapis Lazuli
    hit: rigid

Green: Wild Jade, Alexandrite
    haste: lightning, critical: piercing, mastery: sensei's

Purple: Imperial Amethyst, Roguestone
    agility: glinting, expertise: accurate

Orange: Vermilion Onyx, Tiger Opal
    		haste	critical	mastery
    agility		deft	deadly		adept
    exptertise	wicked	crafty		keen

How to use:
    After the color is the name of gems of that color.  The first is the rare quality (blue) one, the second is the uncommon quality (green) one (which must be perfect).
    Purple gems have hit, as well as one of agility/expertise.
    Green gems have hit, as well as one of haste/critical/mastery.
    Yellow gems have one of haste/critical/mastery.
    Red gems have one of agility/expertise.
    Orange gems have one of agility/expertise combined with one of haste/critical/mastery.

If you want say an orange expertise/mastery gem, go to the Orange entry.
    The two orange gems are "(blank) vermilion onyx" and "perfect (blank) tiger opal".
    In the table, look at the expertise row and the mastery column.  It is a "keen" gem.
    You want either a keen vermilion onyx, or a perfect keen tiger opal.
    The newest version I posted earlier actually checks whether or not you have the meta, which is why it stopped asking.

-18 agi +18 crit means you need 18 less agi half gems and 18 more crit half gems. That could mean a number of things. Every red gem you change from pure agi to agi/crit would be -1 agi +1 crit, so you could do that 18 times (assuming you had 18 pure agi gems). Every orange gem (that you have in a yellow socket) that you have as agi/crit that you chage into pure crit would also be -1 agi +1 crit, so you could do that 18 times (assuming you had 18 agi/crit gems in yellow sockets). Or, you could combine the two ways, instead of all 18 one way you could do 10 one way and 8 the other. If you had a pure agi gem in a prismatic socket and changed it to pure crit, that would actually be -2 agi and +2 crit, so you could do that 9 times.

You might even be using pure agi gems in blue sockets. In that case, you could switch them to hit/crit green gems, which would be -2 agi +1 hit +1 crit.

Having to do -18agi +18 crit is a pretty extreme example. You must have been using a lot of pure agi gems and ignoring socket bonuses, and using pure agi gems in prismatic sockets (my optimizer doesn't like that).

Remember my program (atm) always follows socket bonuses. This is a bit lame, but it is the right thing to do almost always, unless you are using a 2handed weapon and are hopelessly over hit cap. I do know how to pull shenanigans and trick the program into not following the gems (basically you just go into the code and say if you want to ignore a blue gem you initialize the number of blue gems to -1 instead of 0 and yellow to 1 instead of 0, but this is something that you have to be able to edit the source code and recompile to do atm, I'll let the executable be able to do it later).
    Last edited by keithioapc; 2013-05-01 at 09:31 PM.
    WW Monk - Janxspirit @ US-Illidan
    [20:14:20.744] Janxspirit Rising Sun Kick Horridon *3,374,517* - MEGADAMAGE

I don't quite get the gem thingy. Currently I'm having this result: -3 haste 4 crit -1 mastery 2 expertise -2 agility. Armory link. For the -3 haste I remove 2 Quicks but use 1 Wicked to regain 1 haste and to use 1 expertise already also replace 1 of the Quicks with a Smooth. For -2 agility and -1 mastery I remove both Adepts but using 1 Keen to regain 1 mastery and be done with the other 1 expertise I need. With that setup I get rid of the -X gems but I'm still +2 crit short.
    Last edited by Photek; 2013-05-02 at 12:21 AM.

I've been running the progam now a few times. the result it gaves are the same.

However if let's say .. I ran it once, it tells me to gem / forge accordingly, after I've gemmed and reforged my gear I am not getting what I am suppose to get. 1 or 2 of the skills are not reaching what it should reach.

I had 7330 haste / crit I needed around 230ish more to get 7334 and mastery was like 330 points off ( not exactly but around there and there was nothing else I could gem / forge around.

Now I ran the program again and it tells me to gem / forge differently ( Yes I changed it all again to test it out ( I try to maximize my stats ) and yet again I can't manage to get to the point where it should be withouth 1 or 2 of the stats not reaching it )

Is this something known or am I missing out something here?

@Photek:
    2xdeadly -> 2xcrafty = -2agi +2exp
    2xquick -> 2xsmooth = -4 haste + 4 crit
    adept -> deft = -1 mast + 1 haste
    Total = what you wanted
    I'm not sure what was wrong in your example, but you messed up somewhere. Since the negatives and the positives were equal, if you wound up with a surplus or a deficit you did some math wrong.

@Madcowlol:
    If you rerun the program you might get different results. If you want to go look at the results you got last time, don't rerun the program, look in solution.txt, they are saved there.

I tried the reforge set up I pasted earlier for you by plugging the setup it recommended into askmrrobot, and the results my program said it should have were reflected exactly by what AMR said it gave. Just to be sure:
    1) "No reforge" means the gear should be restored it its completely unreforged state (rather than what you already had being correct)
    2) Be sure to check the enchants, the program will sometimes reenchant your cloak or gloves
    3) For you, the program's solution I posted had you using absolutely no agility

Quote Originally Posted by keithioapc View Post
    @Photek:
    2xdeadly -> 2xcrafty = -2agi +2exp
    2xquick -> 2xsmooth = -4 haste + 4 crit
    adept -> deft = -1 mast + 1 haste
    Total = what you wanted
    I'm not sure what was wrong in your example, but you messed up somewhere. Since the negatives and the positives were equal, if you wound up with a surplus or a deficit you did some math wrong.
    Derp I'm retard, only thought on removing gems with the stats I needed to get rid of, not just swaping 1 stat on hybrids. It makes sense now, thanks.

@Keithiopac , managed to get the stats finally, cheers again
    Edit: nvm the 400 xtra hit I had was from a random food buff lol ><
    Last edited by Madcowlol; 2013-05-02 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    Wonder if anyone can think of a combination to re-gem this.
    2 haste
    6 crit
    -7 mastery
    -1 hit
    3 expertise
    -1 agility

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inaegle/simple is the armoury link.

Many thanks in advance for solutions

The feature I am working on right now is letting you right custom logic to change how the optimizer works (so you can add a haste cap, or make it into a crit brewmaster optimizer, or change the logic so it prefers agi gems over secondary stats gems, or whatever). I am only just starting and it's a bit tricky.

I will try to make it tell you what gems to replace and with what gems next, but I anticipate that will be very tricky, and I'm not going to start until I finish with the custom logic. Don't hold your breath.

Deleted
    My head is gonna blow ! Having hard time for the gemming :-(

-13 haste
    3 crit
    10 mastery
    1 hit
    4 expertise
    -1 agility

and my armory is : eu. battle. n*t/wow/en/ character/chogall/Leetchi/advanced

Anyone can help me figure it out ? :-(

There was a bug where it was having some trouble with Jewelcrafters. I fixed it, fixed .exe is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lx1187xzw1zk4kz

Im not even getting a gem read out, just stats from gems.

Deleted
    sry for jumping in, could anyone also help me? with reforging and even hints of upgrades thats better then my current gear (just running lfr atm)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mpolina/simple

Thanks a lot Raffy, just tested your Catus spin-off and it works flawlessly !
    My reforging process just got simplified by over 9000 !

I just released a new update for Zephyrus at FluidDruid that optimizes gems and enchants:
    fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&p=16592#p16592
    dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/Zephyrus4.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Dampo View Post
    sry for jumping in, could anyone also help me? with reforging and even hints of upgrades thats better then my current gear (just running lfr atm)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mpolina/simple
    If you want us to help you, try logging out in WW gear next time

Quote Originally Posted by raffy View Post
    I just released a new update for Zephyrus at FluidDruid that optimizes gems and enchants:
    fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&p=16592#p16592
    dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/Zephyrus4.zip
    Worked really well! Ended up with 7261/7260/7260. Takes a bit long to calculate but was well worth the wait. +1

Quote Originally Posted by bounstar View Post
    Worked really well! Ended up with 7261/7260/7260. Takes a bit long to calculate but was well worth the wait. +1
    Once it gets through the first phase of calculation (progress bar to completion), and starts making it's way through the second part, you can just stop it (close the progress dialog) if it's taking too long (it often does for Monks due to the sheer number of permutations) and it will show whatever solutions it has found so far. It does this phase from "Best" to "Worst" so it's quite common for 5-10% competition in phase 2 to already contain the best possible solution (there's just no way for me to known this for sure.)

I might introduce a speed option, that stops once it finds a "good enough" solution, or wait until I've found 10 or so, and then terminate if I find 5 more that don't beat the best of those 10.

Also, you can freeze a slot (which will freeze the gems), and that gives a large speed increase (two or more frozen is nearly instantaneous.) Catus, on the other hand, with all features enabled, completes within just a few seconds. The off-hand slot makes the problem at least 10x more difficult and Feral only optimizes Orange gems.

I will have an Asia-compatible Zephyrus release available tonight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keithioapc View Post
    There was a bug where it was having some trouble with Jewelcrafters. I fixed it
    It says to me "libcurl.dll" not found

And @ raffy, is there an possibility to blacklist some gems? I am heavily expertise overcaped at the simulations because it uses expertise gems instead of agility hybrids.

Yeah, I'll still trying to figure out the best way to do this. I could have a menu that selects 3 agility/secondary gems, 3 expertise/secondary gems, or all 6. Currently, my gem universe only includes the 3 exp ones. Initially, I included all 6 in the sim, but that made the number of gem permutations too large for some peoples machines (but is probably fine if you have a 8+ core i7). Is the orange gem the only one you have concern about?

The latest version also includes an option to retain your existing gem colors, that way it won't attempt to satisfy a set bonus that you didn't want.

Additionally, I'm making the assumption that prismatic sockets get yellow. Maybe that needs to be a setting?

Also, there appears to be a bug in Zephyrus: I goofed the racial bonuses for some races: I'm applying Hit instead of Exp for all Alliance weapon specializations. This will be fixed tonight. This only applies if both your weapons match the specialization criteria.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 11:38 PM ----------

Zephyrus: v5
    Download: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/Zephyrus-Latest.zip (sorry still can't post links here)
    Screenshot: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/Zephyrus5.png
    Asia support, orange gem selection, more features, loads of bug fixes.