[Prot] Help me and my trinkets!

Hi

I'm currently going for a haste build for 10m raiding.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/stormscale/platty

This is me.

So I figure the vial of dragons blood is alright for me since it got mastery and is reforged to haste, not too bad except the proc on it.
    But what about that ghost iron dragonling trinket? just how good is it?
    Cuz when I set askmrrobot to weight stats for haste, it still shows me that the stamina trinkets are better
    (and infact that Relic of Niuzao is better than a lot of trinkets from ToT. Can this be true for a haste stacking paladin?

Is a 476 item really so much better (stamina+dodge??) than trinkets like:
    Ji-Kun's Rising Winds
    Spark of Zandalar
    And even the hc version of Darkmist Vortex

Anyone can explain this to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

The current stat weights for the Control Haste build put stamina higher than haste for sockets/enchants. This is because the guy who did the weights values Stamina more because he does 25 man raids (where the bosses do hit harder compared to 10m). If you want to use haste over stamina, drop the stamina value down to 1.2 or 1.3. That should make it choose haste gems over stamina.

Promdate covered the issue with stamina's budget in AMR. Also, don't use that (or any ONE source) as gospel.

I'm not sure what all you have at your disposal, but here are some good/easy options.

GID, provided you can use 3 stats. Ideally, Haste, Exp, Hit (to allow you to reforge other accuracy items into haste)
    Spark of Zandalar and/or Lei Shen's Final Orders
    Brutal Talisman of SPA: Decent expertise bank to covert to Haste, but proc has a moderately long ICD.

Other good options:
    Fortitude of Zandalari: Good mastery base, with powerful HP on use. Not Haste, but can reforget to haste and have some decent mitigation via mastery to complement.
    Liquid Courage/Jade Figurine: Static stam, on-use mastery with 1min CD. Good if you need stam, and can maco the on-use to HA for extra-beastly ShotR coverage.

Things to NOT use:
    Vial of Dragons Blood - Mastery is ok, but the proc is useless. If you're concerned about straight haste, there are better options.
    Stuff of Nightmares - See above
    Relic of Nizuao - Static stam with On-Use (not proc!) ability is good, but dodge is MEH. Better option would be the Shado Pan stam trinket with on-use Mastery.
    Ji-Kun's rising winds - Awful, awful proc. Awful. Better off as a haunting spirit unless it gets addressed/fixed.
    Darkmist Vortex - STR is pretty weak as a damage stat for us (except at low vengeance, aka off-tanking), and is not really much more than a parry bank for tank purposes. The proc, while nice, is on a long ICD and really just not going to be very useful (IMO anyway) versus other options. Good/decent for Ret tho.

Personally, I run with Brutal Talisman (still like to be hard-capped) reforged to Haste and LSFO/Spark of Zan for most things. I swap in Soul Barrier for some high-damage heroic fights, but not often. If doing solo content (like farming warbringers) or heroics I run LSFO AND Spark, since I dont need 15 Exp for <lvl93 opponents.

Related topic: do the LFR trinkets (namely Spark of Zandalar) have a lower procrate than their N/HC counterparts? I got an LFR version the other day, and it's really close to a 2/2 489 LSFO (has 55 extra haste) but the proc rate seems a good deal lower. I thought, with 12k+ haste, that I'd see it up more than it is...someone in guild mentioned that LFR items have lower proc rates, accoridng to a blue post/tweet, but I can't seem to clarify. Anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Alright thanks for the answers guys it clears up a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I'm not sure what all you have at your disposal, but here are some good/easy options.

GID, provided you can use 3 stats. Ideally, Haste, Exp, Hit (to allow you to reforge other accuracy items into haste)
    Check your inbox, you have a marriage proposal!

And yeah, pretty much what Nairobi said. Darkmist was good back in T14, but naturally a tiers progress, boss fights deal more damage, gaining us more damage so strength is pretty weak now, so that trinket lost a lot of weight going into this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Related topic: do the LFR trinkets (namely Spark of Zandalar) have a lower procrate than their N/HC counterparts? I got an LFR version the other day, and it's really close to a 2/2 489 LSFO (has 55 extra haste) but the proc rate seems a good deal lower. I thought, with 12k+ haste, that I'd see it up more than it is...someone in guild mentioned that LFR items have lower proc rates, accoridng to a blue post/tweet, but I can't seem to clarify. Anyone know?
    I had an uptime of 92.6% of the stacking buff, but only a 21.8% uptime for the Zandalari Warrior when I was tanking Iron Qon solo a week or two ago. I don't see SoZ being that amazing, it's a decent bit of haste with a str proc... but eh.

edit: I had somewhere around 8-9k haste for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I had an uptime of 92.6% of the stacking buff, but only a 21.8% uptime for the Zandalari Warrior when I was tanking Iron Qon solo a week or two ago. I don't see SoZ being that amazing, it's a decent bit of haste with a str proc... but eh.

edit: I had somewhere around 8-9k haste for that too.
    Yeah the stacks seem to maintain mid-90s for me, but they like to hang at 7-9 a lot. Once I get the actual proc, I can usually stack back to 3-4 before it fades 20sec later, but takes far longer to get the next 6-7 sparks. Still, LSFO has 45sec ICD, so it's effectively 1.0 PPM right, or 25% uptime? With your numbers, let's round to 20% uptime for easy maths, it's a 25% reduction in uptime but a ~55% increase in power (of proc) and more baseline haste. And only gets better (supposedly) with more haste.

Sadly, the waters are a bit more muddy for me, using a 497 LSFO vs 502 Spark Proc is not as much of a landslide victory, and haste is almost identical. The reliability of having LSFO up every minute (for wings/HA sequences) is nice though.

Then again...so is turning into a troll!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I used the trinket for a few weeks (got it the first night), wasn't too impressed with it. I'll probably keep using it though, just because it currently puts me over the 30% break point for Sacred Shield.

The Zandalari Troll is an awesome change from being a Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I used the trinket for a few weeks (got it the first night), wasn't too impressed with it. I'll probably keep using it though, just because it currently puts me over the 30% break point for Sacred Shield.

The Zandalari Troll is an awesome change from being a Tauren.
    I've been using this for a week now(normal version) and I just wish that you got a little larger when you transformed it would make the proc more fun for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not been around much and probably will continue to not be, but I wanted to post a reply on a prot thread seeing as I feel I should.

Nairobi get a fucking avatar. Malthanis can only protect you for so long. We are coming.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.