Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    For some reason in the tales games I always run out of TP super super fast with my party. I don't know how to stop it :'(
    That's why Tales of Graces F's battle system was by far my favourite, no TP holding you back.

Hopefully Xillia's battle system won't feel too disappointing in comparison.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    That's why Tales of Graces F's battle system was by far my favourite, no TP holding you back.
    Yeah. Instead you had periods of doing absolutely nothing, waiting for your CC to recharge. While overall I really liked Graces, I was never fully sold on the battle system.

(Personally I think Graces was carried entirely by the characters. Sure they were cliche, but the way they interacted with each other was just so perfect.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Yeah. Instead you had periods of doing absolutely nothing, waiting for your CC to recharge. While overall I really liked Graces, I was never fully sold on the battle system.

(Personally I think Graces was carried entirely by the characters. Sure they were cliche, but the way they interacted with each other was just so perfect.)
    The system was great once you gained levels. It seemed like you could keep combos going for a while if you knew how to do it properly
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

With symphonia I wasn't able to manage Genis or Raines TP. Because all their spells primary used it they blow threw it like a smoke addict. So I always had to drop them from my team.

Deleted
    with those 2, during dungeon monsters, i kept them in check, consumables not withstanding, or i had it so the generation for tp/mp was high, found that being able to spam spells and fast was far greater then how hard they hit, but once you get to like level 100 plus, it gets stupid, yes, you can go over lvl 100 in symp :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    I recently beat Tales of the Abyss for the 3ds a few days ago, and that ending was feels. Although it wasn't surprising because I watched the anime way before ever playing it. In fact, I actually own the ps2 version and 3ds version.

And for people who say Tales of games are just stun locking mobs to death, I show you the hardest boss in this game on the hardest setting:

One mistake will instantly kill you, and if that boss ever gets out of a stagger, someone is gonna die. No matter how high level you are.

And personally, I prefer Tales of game to Final Fantasy, actually, I think Final Fantasy games suck, as do most turn based games (aside from Pokemon and the Persona series). But comparing the two is idiotic, as the only thing they share is the fact they're JRPGs.

Also, if some of you are unaware, I made a thread a few weeks ago talking about Tales of Symphonia chronicles: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s+of+symphonia

But hey, nothing is more spamy than Blahblahblah Tidal Wave. ifyouknowwhatImean

this boss reminds me of freya from star ocean 3 : till the end of time, holy crap, the hardest boss ive ever come across in a game before, and that was normal mode..., theres 2 diff modes higher o.O, had some absurd numbers, 20 million hp, i think it was, though you need to be lvl 255 to even stand a chance...., saying that, i always thought she had 40 million hp, but the 2nd hardest boss has 10 million hp, that much i know on normal mode, now thats escalating quickly :P

10+ Year Old Account
    With symphonia I wasn't able to manage Genis or Raines TP. Because all their spells primary used it they blow threw it like a smoke addict. So I always had to drop them from my team.
    That can partial be controlled by changing AI settings and turning off the more expensive spells during random battles when you don't really need them anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    That can partial be controlled by changing AI settings and turning off the more expensive spells during random battles when you don't really need them anyway.
    I would have to agree with this! A little tweaking here and there should help solve the TP issue. Messing with strategies and AI usually will help find what kind of party you're looking to use
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post

Hopefully Xillia's battle system won't feel too disappointing in comparison.
    Was mine as well also played Tales of Vesperia and that combat system was fine too
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I looked briefly into xilla battle system and it seems like it's annoying because of the link thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked briefly into xilla battle system and it seems like it's annoying because of the link thing.
    I actually think it can be a pretty cool feature. Not saying so until I try it out for myself!

Deleted
    I played a lot Tales of Symphonia, which I think is the best game to date, and I'd like to play another Tales of game... But I only have the WII and 3DS. Which one should i buy ?

Tales of Xillia 2 is being localized also WOOT WOOOT.

Also wanted to add my input on the battle system. I was not a fan of graces battle system at all. I loved Vespiras and Symphonias battle system the most. It felt more fluid and as if it gave you more ability to move around

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrazyl View Post
    I played a lot Tales of Symphonia, which I think is the best game to date, and I'd like to play another Tales of game... But I only have the WII and 3DS. Which one should i buy ?
    Tales of the Abyss is available on the 3DS. It's a really good port too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrazyl View Post
    Tales of the abyss for 3DS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Good news,so Namco Bandai wasn't kidding when they said bring tale to the west faster.

Well I beat Nebilim on Very Hard on the 3ds port of Tales of the Abyss. But now I hate myself because I really wanted the Abyssman titles for everyone, but misread when you were able to get it... Playthrough number three ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I should buy a ps3 for ToX or just wait for a PS4 and buy it digitally. At least I think one would be able to do that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Dont wait. It may not even be put up for a few years, also you can just trade your ps3 for a ps4 if you want or just hold onto it for ToX2 next year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post

Also wanted to add my input on the battle system. I was not a fan of graces battle system at all. I loved Vespiras and Symphonias battle system the most. It felt more fluid and as if it gave you more ability to move around
    Saw that this week and I'm really excited So happy to know that the Tales franchise is finally making a big impact on the western regions

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing it now. As usual for a tales game I'm hooked...Also me likey my CE figure LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asuna-San View Post
    Saw that this week and I'm really excited So happy to know that the Tales franchise is finally making a big impact on the western regions
    Tell me about it been a VERY big fan since I first got Destiny II/Eternia.. Still wish my psp copy/guide hadn't been pseudo swiped by a person I loaned em too who moved...

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my hands on my limited edition yesterday! Am loving the game so far! Had to play as Jude and Milla to see how different each side is. Love the fact that each side is different but leads to the same objective Huge tales fan so Xillia is up there for me as one of my new favorites!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Playing it now. As usual for a tales game I'm hooked...Also me likey my CE figure LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me about it been a VERY big fan since I first got Destiny II/Eternia.. Still wish my psp copy/guide hadn't been pseudo swiped by a person I loaned em too who moved...
    Glad you're liking the game too